bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Pam(The Freckle Girl)  (Read 13641 times)

Samson

Pam(The Freckle Girl)
« on: May 05, 2011, 09:12:22 AM »

Good Morning Forum,

I would greatly appreciate Pray & take into consideration My Wife Pam, known by some Veteran Forum Members as "The Freckle Girl," She was admitted to the Hospital Last night. Her Psychiatrist felt She should be admitted to receive some help, before Her condition escalates to the level of a Mental or Emotional breakdown. Emotional Issues from a wide variety of sources, both Past & Present have reached a severe degree in Her Life that led to this reality.

Please pray for Her firstly & mostly, also include Me secondarily, petitioning God to give me the strength to cope & maintain my composure during this Trial. I want to be able to keep it together, so to speak, in order to have the emotional strength to be there in behalf of Pam. Now, I realize that "All is of God," and only He can & will provide the CAUSES that can & will lead to the best choices during this Trial, because I realize that I am incapable in doing so on My own. I don't usually do too well in emotionally related situations, at least Historically speaking.

Thankyou, Samson.

Roy Coates

Re: Pam(The Freckle Girl)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »

Samson. Ill be/am praying for Pam and you, peace

Gabriel

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »

Ofcourse I'll pray for Pam, and you Samson, I'll ask everyone I know to pray for my two friends if thats ok with you.

Your friend and brother,

Gabriel

bpenelli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »

Samson, I am praying for you and Pam. May God grant you peace through our Lord Jesus Christ during your trials.

Brad
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »

Samson, will pray for you and Pam.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »

Samson, will pray for you and Pam.

Ditto buddy...hang in there and keep the faith.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »

Hi Brad,

I'm sorry to hear Pam is not well.  You both are in my prayers, and always remember that what you are going through is only for a season and that it will eventually pass.

René

JohnMichael

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 12:30:46 PM »

I will definitely keep both of you in prayer. May He give you both strength and peace to endure this.

John

daywalker

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 05:55:45 PM »

Your request is answered. I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Daywalker

Linny

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 06:31:55 PM »

Hey Samson. So sorry to hear this. Please tell Pam I am praying for her quick recovery. Her chosen field of work is not for sissy's and I am sure makes life tougher to deal with.
And give yourself a break. You've come a long way and I know you'll done fine handling this and being a rock for Pam.
Love you guys, Lin

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 07:05:59 PM »

Will do Samson, hang in there.

G.Driggs

Samson

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »

Thankyou to All for Your Kindness & Concern.

Yes, This isn't My Top choice for stressors, but then again, is there any stress any of us like at any time when We are experiencing it. In itself, I'm "usually" not too bad in dealing with these types of things. Many times the greatest challenge is dealing with the reactions of others; Family, Relatives & Friends(usually the friends of the other party-My Wife). My bible Truth Family is Spiritually tuned in, not so with those of the World. This is a challenge that usually proves to be an irritant for Me. Ahh, a true test & chastening in the area of arrogance, pride & tolerance coupled with an exercise in improving ones level of Humility. Yes, God knows what we need, whether We like it or not.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Duane

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2011, 08:50:33 PM »

Will DEFINITELY pray for you and Pam.  Am going thru the same thing right now with our son who is living with us.  Emotion (mental) illness is one thing NOT understood by the Christian community.
It seems that every illness BELOW the neck is physical and accepted BUT any trouble ABOVE the neck
is a SPIRITUAL PROBLEM.  The brain isn't considered an organ--like the liver!
There was years of prolems in my family with my mother being a textbook manic/depressive and my father being a minister!  If Mom was a diabetic and had to take insulin shots everything would have been o.k. but when the brain organ goes awry and psychotropic medicines are involved then PRAYER only was the cure for her spiritual condition.  Faith--was supposed to be lacking!
Luckily, GOD gave my father courage to stop the psychiatrists, who were very angry at him, from giving my mother a frontal lobatomy-thinking at the time that was the answer to her mental illness.  Ofcourse,
we know now that it would have made a "vegetable" out of her--and the practice was stopped.
So, my prayers are definitely with you==and thank God they have miracle drugs these days. Duane   

Samson

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »

Will DEFINITELY pray for you and Pam.  Am going thru the same thing right now with our son who is living with us.  Emotion (mental) illness is one thing NOT understood by the Christian community.
It seems that every illness BELOW the neck is physical and accepted BUT any trouble ABOVE the neck
is a SPIRITUAL PROBLEM.  The brain isn't considered an organ--like the liver!
There was years of prolems in my family with my mother being a textbook manic/depressive and my father being a minister!  If Mom was a diabetic and had to take insulin shots everything would have been o.k. but when the brain organ goes awry and psychotropic medicines are involved then PRAYER only was the cure for her spiritual condition.  Faith--was supposed to be lacking!
Luckily, GOD gave my father courage to stop the psychiatrists, who were very angry at him, from giving my mother a frontal lobatomy-thinking at the time that was the answer to her mental illness.  Ofcourse,
we know now that it would have made a "vegetable" out of her--and the practice was stopped.
So, my prayers are definitely with you==and thank God they have miracle drugs these days. Duane   

So True Duane,

When you break your Arm, that's pretty well cut in stone & a simple procedure, no sweat & everyone understands that. When it comes to Mental Illness, they(the experts) don't surely know. Is it Hormones, Your rotten childhood, the abusive first Husband, the Endocrine System, Low blood sugar, a Chemical imbalance, the Wicked World, etc. Everybody usually asks: What caused this or How did this happen. There were many possible Causes or factors, but not one single isolated cause.

Duane, If My Wife tells me one more time that She thinks I'm going to leave Her or She's sorry She's such a burden(Codependent No More), I'll bop her on the head, only kidding, just venting,  ::).

Thanks for Your input & My empathy towards the difficulties with your Son. Yes, that label of a Spiritual problem is a notorious claim of JW'S, shame on someone who says that with their poisonous, venomous mouth.

Jas 3:5  Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
Jas 3:6  And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
Jas 3:7  For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
Jas 3:8  But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
Jas 3:9  Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God.
Jas 3:10  Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.
Jas 3:11  Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

Thanks, Samson.

Duane

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 06:01:14 AM »

Samson...then to make matters WORSE, Mom would start being stablized and feel the great effects of the medicine and then say "God has answered our prayers and I feel GREAT so I no longer need the medicine!  PRAISE GOD!"  One week later, she would hit bottom as the meds would leave her system and then round and round we'd go with the "faith thing"!
After years of mental anguish my father finally accepted that she had a chemical imbalance in her "brain organ" and she stuck with her med's and went years without a breakdown again.  Then a medicine adjustment and she would be "good to go" for several more. But family devotions was a nightmare as Dadwould use prayer to take "one more bite of the apple" often interrupting Mom's prayer and "praying over her" if he didn't like what he was hearing! (It wasn't good for a child to experience and left quite an unfavorable opinion in me of both Dad and prayer!)
She is now 90 and in a nursing home and how she still has a brain left after atleast 100 shock treatments
is God's good graces but she is slipping into dimentia now.
POINT?  The "Christian community" couldn't have been LESS understanding!
Enough about me--I pray for you and her SEVERAL times a day. Ben dare-dun dat!  Duane

onelovedread

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »

Samson
I promise to pray for your wife and yourself and that God will continue to work out all that concerns you.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »

Your in my thoughts and prayers Brad!
Stay strong buddy
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

walt123

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, 10:48:03 AM »

Hello Samson

I pray in Pam's recovery,and strengthen you in knowledge to help Pam with  her mental ,and emotional state.

Your brother in Christ

Walt

lauriellen

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »

you both have been in my thoughts & prayers. hope all is going better & God will give you both strength & endurance.
love & hugs. =)

jingle52

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 07:28:55 AM »

Samson,
I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, (just logged in now). I empathise with your situation because I've got two very dear friends who have depression and it's not easy at all for them, they need time to heal and a lot of understanding and love.
May the Lord give you His divine strenght to see this through and be there for her when she needs you.
Blessings.
Jingle
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.