bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: James Brayshaw's book "Satan: Christianity's Other God"  (Read 7273 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
James Brayshaw's book "Satan: Christianity's Other God"
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:03:54 PM »

Hello Ray,

Someone recently recommended I read this guy's book. I was reading a little on his website, and apparently he teaches that Satan doesn't exist. He claims that the "satans" in Scripture never refer to a supernatural being at all. He clearly takes a few steps past debunking the Lucifer hoax. At first, I was anticipating him being another one of those "Satan is the carnal mind" people, but it doesn't appear he believe that either, so that's good at least. One of his claims is that the "sons of God" in Job was a group of adversarial men who were full of hatred and jealousy against Job and wanted him dead, so therefore they "came 'before the LORD' means these are men who showed up at the Temple". (which one, I don't know because according to my knowledge Job lived years before the Temple?). Personally, I'm considering the possibility that the Book of Job is a fictional story, like a parable, rather than historical. Just opinion, though, not something I would defend... Anyway, have you heard of this guy and/or looked much into this idea of Satan being a man-made entity all together.

http://imaginenosatan.com/its-all-so-simple/what-if-i-told-you-there-is-no-satan-would-you-believe-me-

thanks. Christopher ("daywalker" on the Forum)

PS: I continue to keep you in my prayers and I greatly look forward to future articles and bible studies. There truly is no website like BT anywhere on the Net... Thank You!!

Dear Christopher:  Thank you for your email.  No, I have not read this guy's book, neither do I intend to. Do you know how many such religious
books on different religious doctrines there are?  Hundreds?  NO.  Thousands?  NO.  Millions?  YES.  So why bother yourself with such stuff?
How many hundreds (thousands?) of papers do you think there are on trying to prove that Jesus is a fake?  David was a fake and never existed?
That Paul was a heretic?  That Paul and James hates each other?  Etc., etc., etc.  There is no sense in pursuing this stuff as far as I am concerned.
You may say, "But Ray, shouldn't we know the answer to all of these things?"  Listen if you have several thousands of years to read all that stuff,
then have at it.  But what will you really learn at the end of five or ten or twenty thousand years?  Probably very little that could be considered Truth!
God be with you,
Ray

PS  Yes, Satan is represented as a personality in the Scriptures.  All one has to do is read it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.