bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LIVING YOUR LIFE  (Read 6068 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
LIVING YOUR LIFE
« on: May 06, 2011, 02:24:02 AM »

I was reading the posts about falling away which prompted me to ask this question:

What do you consider as living your life for Christ?  If one lives quietly, does not belong to a social group; and perhaps lives alone in an aparment complex and does not work; does not attend a church but studies their bible and interacts on BT,  what would be considered living their life for Christ?  Does anyone have anything they want to share as to how they "live their life for Christ"?  Do we have to be doing anything to live for Christ?  I know we are to do good works but if you're not able to be involved in the community, what does this mean?   Hope I'm making sense.

rumpelstiltskin

Re: LIVING YOUR LIFE
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 02:54:54 AM »

Hello Honeylamb56

Strange, but in your post, you pretty much described my lifestyle. So how do I live for Christ? (actually, its Christ that lives for me!)

Mat 12:50  For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luk 6:46  And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Easier said than done though!

Peace
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:01:13 AM by T.G.N »
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

noeleena

• live life. love life.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 03:57:21 AM »

Hi,

We were not told to be a hermit , or told not to have goods times with other people regardless of what they belive or not we were not told we can not be in socical groups , what many of the so called church , groups said... the you cant do this or that because ....they ...  are of the world    .  then what am i then not a part of whats here , strange.   The Lord leads & goes before us when we follow  & again regardless of where that may be .  we are keeped.

one of our communitys im in we have over 90.000  people , of those 40.000  will read what we say, so just being there is where im ment to be, & thats only one  group.

If there comes a time  in ones life you can not be a part,   then  ask The   Lord to bring those who have some thing to offer you as to what you ....NEED...

In our groups & our community im very much involved with them & i really dont care who the people are or thier back ground   ,they .....ARE....... my friends ,& i have many,,,

The Lord will use who ever when ever & The Lord use's  us when we go with the Blessing thats provided.

&  will i stop,     only when im taken out or drop dead, ether way i'm not bothered,.

For me i can be a light bearer only when i follow .........

...noeleena....

Duane

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:15:56 AM »

Don't feel lone in asking the question!  I was told in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that because I didn't attend or wasn't active in a church that I was "living for myself" "wasting my talents" "going to answer to the Lord for my selfish life-style" and on and on.
Furthermore, in being active on B.T. I was really in for a God fearing tongue lashing in the great here-after!
It is all part of our volunteering to be "tried by fire" here, as the "few" rather than the Lake of Fire later.
God will bring people into your life to be a blessing to--even if it is to direct them to this web-site!

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »

I was reading the posts about falling away which prompted me to ask this question:

What do you consider as living your life for Christ?  If one lives quietly, does not belong to a social group; and perhaps lives alone in an aparment complex and does not work; does not attend a church but studies their bible and interacts on BT,  what would be considered living their life for Christ?  Does anyone have anything they want to share as to how they "live their life for Christ"?  Do we have to be doing anything to live for Christ?  I know we are to do good works but if you're not able to be involved in the community, what does this mean?   Hope I'm making sense.

Yes: Love and Obey.

Deuteronomy 13:4 It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

John 14:15 If you love me, you will obey what I command.

2 John 1:6 And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Not all are teachers, pastors, or prophets. (1 Cor 12:29, Jam 3:1) If we trust and obey God to the best of our ability, then He will lead us down the path He intends for us to travel. If we are called to teach, He will lead us to teach. If we are called to serve in a community, He will lead us there. But any good deeds we do are only "filthy rags" to God IF we aren't obeying Him and walking in Spirit (Is 64:6).

Daywalker  8)

dave

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »

Honeylamb, greetings...just to let you know Im sittin in the pew next to you :) And thanking the Lord all day long. I reason that when He needs me for something He WILL know where to find me and He WILL instruct me in my purpose. Peace and Love Through Jesus!

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 08:23:43 PM »

No one said anything about living as a hermit Noeleena, we can only live our lives as God presents it to us, and we all have different circumstances.

When I sent the post I was thinking about Ray's "can we lose Gods spirit" audio

Peace
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 11:16:36 PM »

Do we have to be doing anything to live for Christ?

Nope. In a sense.........
Scriptures from Ray's 2009 Conference.
These are in the section: Qualifying for Ruler-ship with no Leadership, Money or Talents
Also read the transcript: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.0.html
1Co 1:26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
1Co 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
1Co 1:28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1Co 1:29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.

Here is an excerpt:
You say, ‘how am I going to do all that? I have no education… I don’t have any money… I don’t have any place to entertain people… I don’t have a car to visit the sick, I’m sick myself. I’m old, I just learned these truths a year ago, I was already 75 or 80, what can I do? I’m an old man… I’m an old woman, how am I going to qualify for this, to rule the world… to rule the nations… to judge angels? How am I going to do that, come on.’

Well, how is he (she) going to do that? I’m here to tell you, whether you believe it or not, it’s possible to develop talents, abilities and character without having those qualities and talents inherently within you. They can be developed without natural abilities, without leadership, without education, without money, etc. But they can be developed!

Here’s how and why they can be developed. I don’t care if you’re a paraplegic on your back in bed, if that’s how you live, you can do this. Here’s why. Because of two principles.

1.)  Proverbs 23:7--
(KJV)  For as he (or she) thinks in his (or her) heart, so is he (she):
(ASV)  For as he thinketh within himself, so is he:
(CLV)  For as one who calculates within his soul, so is he;
(Rotherham)  For, just as he hath thought in his own mind, so, he is:

And the second principle is this.
2.)  Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

On those two principles, you can be flat on your back a paraplegic and you can develop character traits, virtues, fruits of the spirit, wisdom and knowledge so that you can rule nations. (Notes) Likewise, one can meditate (think) and what he thinks then becomes what he IS. Not having money, education, talents, or possessions is no excuse for not being able to produce the kind of character and leadership necessary to “have power over the nation.”

It is in SPIRIT that we accomplish the things of the spirit:

No matter what your condition is, you can keep the law of God. Why? Because it is spiritual.  It is in SPIRIT that we accomplish the things of the spirit

Hope this directs you Honeylamb,
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

rumpelstiltskin

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 12:24:11 AM »

The conference Akira329 mentions in their post is the same conference I was referring to.
Dorothy Parker

jopie

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 02:43:22 AM »

I kind of like what Mica 7:9 (Not the verse but the person) says.

As for me, I have fallen flat on my face more then once in wanting to be too ,eager in sharing the good news of the Gospel
 but I am learning to keep my mouth shut.
Jesus said ;"I can do nothing on my own but what I see the Father do",....I guess than it's no use for me to try to do it.
It's wonderful when you feel the leading of the Holy Spirit and you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt when that happens.

Remember Gal. 2:20   It's no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.
It's a real learning experience to know when you are led by the Spirit or when you are acting on your own.
I find that the Lord is always very gentle in letting me know one way or an other.
So coming back to what Mica 7:9 is saying; "He WILL know where to find me and HE WILL instruct me in my purpose".
I like that.
Peace to you.
John.

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 01:58:26 AM »

thank you all for your responses; you're right antaiwan about being in the spirit...yes, it makes sense to me; I think I was losing sight of the spirit within me; its refreshing to know there are others here at BT who can relate to any one of our circumstances and feelings; whenever I lose perspective on things all I have to do is "login".

Samson

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »

Hi Honeylamb,

Living an every day Life doesn't necessarily need to include anything spectacular or dramatic. If you have a Family & your a guy, you are supposed to provide for Your Family(1Timothy. 5:8). That includes materially, emotionally, mentally & even spiritually(on some level). If you have genuine Faith, the kind that God is causing in you to have a desire for, Good Deeds or Works(GK-Ergon) will follow. These good deeds will spring from the Figurative Heart spontaneously with the right motive behind them & not as a result of Legislation from some Church Group or Denomination. A genuine Faith is accompanied by right motive works as indicated by the example of Abraham mentioned in James(Faith without works is dead). However We need to keep in mind what's stated at Phillipians 2:13 God working in you for HIS good pleasure to will and to act(paraphrased).

However, if the opportunity arises, there is nothing wrong with sharing with others the wonderful Truths found here(1 Peter. 3:15). Admittedly, I really enjoy sharing with others this information, but I have to be cautious as a serpent & innocent as a dove in not overwhelming people. Probably, a throw back from my JW Days, always loved discussing the Scriptures, exercising restraint in this area and attempting to be a good example is more of the focus for me. What's mentioned at 1 Corinthians. 9:27 is definitely something to be considered at the forefront: "Pummel my Body & lead it as as slave, so after preaching to others, I don't find myself disapproved somehow," (paraphrased). Yes, the daily responsibilities of Life, Work, caring for Our Families,How we treat others, studying the Scriptures, fellowshipping with like minded ones, house work, yard work, needed recreation(lifting weights, exercise, watching a good Movie) & balancing all of these everyday regular things We do is time consuming and should fill an entire day. There are only 24 hours in a Day: Work- 8 or more hours; sleep- approx 8 hours, meals- one hour plus; traveling here & there, etc. And that's not counting all the other things I mentioned above.

Kind Regards, Samson.

olasupo jacobs

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »

Really there is no clear formula on how to live your life other than to align with our fathers' will at all times...He 'll teach you by his spirit through every situation and experiences...though some will be pleasant others you wont find palatable...some humbling others embarrassing to your ego and pride. It would only culminate in Goodness and make you a better person.

ps: Never knew samson was a JW convert...i laugh becos of most sect/denomination they are the most studious and very knowledge -able with d scriptures. an average JW person you wont find easy if you are not grounded with d truth. What i perceive as their major hurdle is this free will thing which is closely related to how they understand the origin of satan? Anyway big bro samson ure always a delight to read your post on d forum, keep up d good work-shola   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.