bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breath of life  (Read 3943 times)

dave

Breath of life
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:39 AM »

I do not accept that the "breath of life" of Gen.2:7 is the Spirit of God of Gen.1:2
I reason that in Gen.2:7 the Lord God caused the breath(breathing) that would be the mainstay of all living creatures. In Genesis it does not say that the Lord God breathed into each and every creature but we read Gen 2:19  And Jehovah God formeth from the ground every beast of the field..." the understanding that we have from Gen.2:7 that the Lord God breathed into the dust of the ground, that He the Lord God, put that life into the dust and it was the same dust that he "God formeth from the ground" it already had the breath of life. Eve is the mother of all living Gen.3:20 but this life is "chay"  H2416  alive. I contend that this life is a dying life, but Jesus offers Joh 10:10  `The thief doth not come, except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.
I believe this life that Jesus is immortality, incorruptable G861  aphtharsia  From G862; incorruptibility; generally unending existence; (figuratively) genuineness: - immortality, incorruption, sincerity. G862 undecaying.

This life.......Spirit.  I probably said all this wrong as usual. Peace and Love Through Jesus

Kat

Re: Breath of life
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 11:15:53 AM »

Hi Micah7:9,

I do not think that Gensis 2:7 and 1:2 means tha exact same spirit either.

Gen 1:2  The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

I believe what this "Spirit of God" is talking about is the very being of God. This Scripture says to me that God was looking over this earth and at that point there was no solid form to the earth and of course there was no life on it. I do not believe that the next verse is the next moment in time, but is stating how God was absolutely in charge of all things that came about 'over time' as they have.

Gen 2:7  then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So when man came about... did God literally scoop up dirt from the ground and form it into the figure of a man? I don't know, but how ever it happened it was God that causes each and every creature (humans) to have breath in themselves. You might say well it just happens naturally when a creature is born, well "He is before all things, and by Him all things consist (hold together ESV)" (Col 1:17). So God is aware of every creature that is born as this is certainly part of how things are "holding together," He causes each and every one of them to have the breath of life. It is this breath - 'spirit of man' which gives every individual person physical life.

Now the "life" that Jesus Christ gives to the few is another thing as it is the Holy Spirit.

John 14:26  But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

Rom 8:11  If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

The Holy Spirit is different than the 'breath of life' that all recieve at birth, obviously people already have this spirit - 'breath of life' when they receive the 'Holy Spirit.' So the Holy Spirit (spiritual life) is added to this spirit of those few chosen and it is through that Spirit indwelling that the chosen are taught of spiritual things from God.

1Co 2:10  But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
v. 11  For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man within him? So also no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
v. 12  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.
v. 13  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
v. 14  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 12:19:31 AM by Kat »

dave

Re: Breath of life
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »

Thanks Kat, that was great :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.