bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Second Beast  (Read 12764 times)

JohnMichael

Re: The Second Beast
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 11:48:41 PM »

This is why I stated to look within the scriptures, especially the OT, to see the shadow/type. Not all Israel were false prophets, but like Peter noted, they will come in 'among you'. Just like most people are not commissioned to be teachers of the Truth, most people in Babylon are not appointed to be false ministers. Sometimes they are simply sheep:

Jer 50:6  My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray... (If everyone were a false prophet [shepherd in this scripture] who would be the sheep?)

Also, see this section from Ray latest paper on 23 Minutes in Hell (http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html) under the section 'Contradiction #50, Satan and his Angels'. Ray goes over false prophets old and new, and these are always the leaders in Babylon, not their sheep.

This was a good discussion, let me know what you think about the section above when you have a chance to read.

Thanks,

Marques

After reading that section in the 23 Minutes in Hell paper, the lightbulb came on, and there was the "OH! *Bonk*" moment. I was guilty of over-thinking - one of my character flaws.

The Second Beast/False Prophet is/are the Leaders/Teachers/Prophets of Babylon who speak damnable heresies, seductions, etc. They lead the inhabitants of the "earth" astray from their First Love (Jesus, Wound of the Sword, Falling on the Rock and being broken, etc) into falsehoods and cause mankind to worship itself (the Beast). The False Prophet represents them all as a single being (to apply to what is, what was, and what will be - in each generation).

Edit: And the correlation of the Woman (Babylon, Christendom, earthly Jerusalem, carnal church) riding the Beast (all of humanity) is that it is WITHIN her that these false prophets (represented by the second beast/False Prophet) reside, for they lead the "earth" (called but not chosen) astray and deceive them with miracles and wonders, etc, while having a "form of godliness" (horns like a lamb, pretending to be led by Christ, but actually being deceived by Satan).

Thoughts/critiques/correction?

I apologize if I flirted with the line Craig mentions. I'm like a blood hound on the scent of blood sometimes. I know it's there, and I want to find it, and the mind will fixate until it does. That's probably something else that needs to come under subjection. :) In that my mind isn't going to discover God's Truth without God, for He does the illuminating. (nasty beast reared its head again)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 12:31:34 AM by JohnMichael »

Grace

Re: The Second Beast
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 12:53:31 AM »

Sounds to me John Michael like you are just digging for that pearl of great price.  You, like me, pick up a few oyster shells along the way but, you won't give up until you found the actual pearl!! ;D

Grace
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.