bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Words Couldn't describe this  (Read 5083 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Words Couldn't describe this
« on: May 09, 2011, 04:49:14 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuotFZnBtk&feature=player_embedded#at=218

The images are breathtaking and the beauty of the violin is unparelled imo by any other instrument. Truly gorgeous. So raw, so pure, so true, so sad...

Is this what It sounds like when angels cry?

Makes you wonder. I picture myself in a vast room, filled with books, entangled by God as I dream. Filled with every human experience yet only wanting to know that He knows... just how much we need Him. Just how much we hurt.

Anyway, enjoy :)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

JohnMichael

Re: Words Couldn't describe this
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:36 AM »

I can definitely relate to that impression. It was indeed a sorrowful sound. It reminded me of the Erhu - a Chinese "violin"-ish instrument.

The video you linked gave me the impression of the sorrow that all creation has. If creation's sadness could be portrayed in a single song/instrument, that would be pretty close.

Listen to the Erhu, and see what you think. It's the second instrument in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMhtQAMGkWY

deblynn

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »

Dear John-Michael:
I had the privilege of seeing a featured Chinese musician play the erhu, a couple yrs. ago.  She was a guest of the BayAtlantic Symphony Orchestra.  If I remember correctly, she was one of only a few who had mastered the instrument. It was mesmerizing, to say the least.  I wondered if I'd ever get the chance to hear it, again.  Thank-you for posting this link.
-Debra

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 08:07:39 AM »

That was beatuiful! ....

~ Serene, powerful, sublimely and almost imperceptually joyful, controlled and powerful...not sad at all!

Gentleness is great strength under power....the power of Love, not the love of power.
Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:14:31 AM »

Hi JohnMichael

There must be a love story to the music that you have posted. It feels like there is....~ :)...an all too familiar story...

Arc

JohnMichael

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 02:17:02 PM »

Hi JohnMichael

There must be a love story to the music that you have posted. It feels like there is....~ :)...an all too familiar story...

Arc

Hi Arc ;D

Unfortunately, there is not a love story to accompany this music. I love instrumental music that moves a person. Eastern music seems to still have life in it whereas Western music (to me) has grown stale and stagnant. That's just my personal opinion though. :)

To me, the Erhu has a hauntingly sweet cry, and it draws me into the music.

Hi Deblynn

You're most welcome. :) I'm glad to see a fellow Erhu lover here.

Blessings,
John

Duane

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:21:39 PM »

Sorry gang, the most beautiful and versitile instrument ever invented is the PIANO! 

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 07:03:53 PM »

Well i'm glad you all enjoyed that, i'll be sure to keep the good music coming ;)
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

gmik

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 07:56:31 PM »

both links were absolutely AWESOME!  Thanks.  Love that stuff.  I am going to try to see if I can put it on my Pandora.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.