bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: paul crouch  (Read 10982 times)

bowlbyx

paul crouch
« on: March 21, 2006, 01:36:25 AM »

Trademark:  Paul and Jan own the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), the platform of the Word of Faith movement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These men think they're Gods!
(Speaking to Kenneth Copeland)  "Somebody said--I don't know who said it--but they claim that you Faith teachers declare that we are gods. You're a god. I'm a god. Small 'g' now, but we are the gods of this world. . . . Well, are you a god--small 'g'?" To this, Jan Crouch, referring to Copeland, enthusiastically exclaimed: "He's gonna say, 'Yes.' I love it."

Paul Crouch (Praise the Lord TBN February 5, 1986)

"He [God] doesn't even draw a distinction between Himself and us. . . . You know what else that's settled, then, tonight? This hue and cry and controversy that has been spawned by the Devil to try and bring dissension within the body of Christ that we are gods. I am a little god! . . . I have His name. I'm one with Him. I'm in covenant relation. I am a little god! Critics, be gone!"

Paul Crouch (Praise the Lord, TBN  July 7, 1986)

"God draws no distinction between Himself and us. God opens up the union of the very godhead (Trinity), and brings us into it."

Paul Crouch (Praise-a-thon TBN, November 1990)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gimme money!
"if you have been healed or saved or blessed through TBN and have not contributed to (the) station, you are robbing God and will lose your reward in heaven."

Paul Crouch (Praise the Lord, TBN August 4, 1997)

Above Reproach - testing their spirits
Paul's classic rant from the April 2, 1991, TBN Praise-a-thon (broken apart for readibility)

"...that old rotten Sandedrin crowd (i.e., those who oppose the "unity movement" for doctrinal reasons- for instance, those who allege the incompatibility of Catholic and evangelical theology), twice dead, plucked up by the roots...they're damned and on their way to hell and I don't think there's any redemption for them...

...the hypocrites, the heresy hunters that want to find a little mote of illegal doctrine in some Christian's eyes...when they've got a whole forest in their own lives...I say, to hell with you! Get out of my life! Get out of the way! Quit blockin' God's bridges (of ecumenism)! I'm tired of this!...

This is in my spirit. Oh Hallelujah...Have you ever seen the old movie, Patton?...He's my hero, he's my hero. Old nail-chewing, tobacco-chewin', cussin' Patton- but he read the Bible every day. I have a feelin' we'll see old General George in Heaven...

There's a wonderful scene in Patton...they're tryin' to get the Third Army across the bridge in France and there's an old, dumb jackass...right there on the bridge and it's blockin' the whole convoy of troops...General George roars up, pulls that ivory-handled revolver out...and shoots the donkey...

There's a spiritual application here...I want to say to all you Scribes, Pharisees, heresy hunters, all of you that are going around pickin' little bits of doctrinal error out of everybody's eyes and dividin' the Body of Christ...get out of God's way, stop blockin' God's bridges (of unity), or God's goin' to shoot you if I don't...

...let Him sort out all this doctrinal doodoo!...I refuse to argue any longer with any of you out there! Don't even call me if you want to argue...Get out of my life! I don't want to talk to you...I don't want to see your ugly face!

God, we proclaim death to anything or anyone that will lift a hand against this network and this ministry that belongs to You, God. It is Your work, it is Your idea, it is Your property, it is Your airwaves, it is Your world, and we proclaim death to anything that would stand in the way of God's great voice of proclamation to the whole world. In the Name of Jesus, and all the people said Amen!"

Paul Crouch (April 2, 1991, TBN Praise-a-thon)

Death Threats (No, I'm not kidding)
Linked is another rant by Paul Crouch. Here he is issuing a death threat to anyone that would dare question his doctrines.

Paul Crouch's Death Threat

This second link is TBN's response to this little 'eposide'.

TBN's response

Paul Crouch (Praise The Lord - Trinity Broadcasting Network, November 7, 1997)

Falconn003

paul crouch
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01:59 AM »

Is there a full moon out tonite ???

rantings of a lunatic/s.

I love the invention of the " change channel ", " mute ' and " off " buttons.

TBN the home of Crs.  and in the light they scatter

Rodger

rvhill

paul crouch
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 02:33:06 AM »

So they have gone gnostic then?  The end times are truly near.

Falconn003

paul crouch
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 02:46:08 AM »

well what can any one say of those who trust in the selling of the Word of God.

gnostic nah......TBN is more like fanatic heretics.

Rodger

rvhill

paul crouch
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 02:48:45 AM »

Quote from: Falconn003
well what can any one say of those who trust in the selling of the Word of God.

gnostic nah......TBN is more like fanatic heretics.

Rodger

It been about 10 year since I have study gnosticism, but the we are all little gods is one of their things

love_magnified

paul crouch
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 02:52:16 AM »

They condemn themselves by their own words. "Ye know not what spirit ye are of"

jennie

reading
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:53:47 AM »

I just don't even like listening to this station. Sometimes, may God forgive me, if I need a laugh I will flip the t.v. to it. I know that is probably wrong but it is just so "out there"! I can hardly believe it! And all those phones ringing! Is that staged or are people really calling and pledging money?

jerry cabral

listen
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:26:07 AM »

Since My Lord is incharge and knowing were the Kingdom and God lies, I would have to ask where he wants my heart on this considering, did they really proclaim death, I wonder  in which I want to know if that station proclaims Jesus as the Creator or not seeing that that believe is growing.  But I would still listen to all speaking of our lord for who am I to choose the vessles that God(The Most High) and My Lord(Son of the Most High) use to give my the answer I seek.

Falconn003

paul crouch
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 10:54:50 AM »

a
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 08:03:48 AM by Falconn003 »

Satch

which
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »

Boy , that really makes you think, huh?

Falconn003

paul crouch
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 11:30:40 AM »

Just trying to point out that in choosing which vessels to listen to is liken a mine field.

Rodger

hillsbororiver

paul crouch
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 11:34:12 AM »

Excellent point Rodger.

Joe

jerry cabral

To All
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 01:02:31 PM »

I would and have listen to all.  Discernment is what is given from the Lord if ask and I believe if one holds on the the One Truth.  For the Solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.  All I could say is that Im a plain heathen, a simple child of God who knows were to look for evil.
By the way, did these vessel say what they believe in.
And also I read my Bible every **** day.

One could learn just a much with the wrong anwser if not more than with the right just as long as you hold on to that One Truth.

Peace be with You.

orion77

paul crouch
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »

Flipping through channels last night and came across TBN and they had a preacher on there talking about the passover angel and how he comes once every year.  But when you donate money to them the angel will passover your house and bestow blessings and if you dont then you will receive curses.  Unbelievable, got a good laugh, but then I thought how many people buy into this charlatan..

Then had all I could take...changed the channel...my only question is what is up with TV preachers and their hair? lol  They all got such pretty hairdos... :twisted:   lol

Gary

ciy

paul crouch
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 04:41:42 PM »

I am certainly not defending Paul Crouch.  He got lost in Egypt and never came out.  He is in that bondage and is blinded of the Truth, but don't let a "dumb a@@ speaking with man's voice", to quote the bible, deter you away from a truth.  

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
 35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
 36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Has the Word of God come to you?  The "Word of God came to John the Baptist in the wilderness" and "all men through him might believe."

I love that we are One with God.  I love that Jesus said that whoever you give a cup of water to you have given it to Him.  So everyone you are looking at is Jesus.  The problem is that they do not remember who they are and the Resurrection has not taken place in them.

I have read where the Jews believe you should read the Torah aloud and believe it is talking about you.  I believe this.  It makes the verse

Joh 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

so personal and powerful.

jerry cabral

One Truth
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 05:43:58 PM »

That cool, not stepping on any toes here but interesting choice of men that people followed.   A red flag for me would have been when they said they were The Christ,  simple would have tested it with braking one bone to prove he wasnt but thats just me.   The Bible is clear on where My Lord is and other things which are clear so some.   Whether a man follows or not does not change My Lord or who he is(using he lightly for male and female in not spiritual but flesh)the Beloved born of The Father.  He is Righteousness born of Love.  I was told once being righteous ment being obidient to God, and being self-righteous was being obedient to ones self.
What ever I say only defiles myself.  Nothing could change or taint the Truth only the persons perspective.   Following Righteousness, is that not following The Lord.  These bothers and sister commiting suicide one should allways do the best Pray for them as someone prayed for me.  I ask my self whatever happens in this world were is my heart for in lies the Kingdom of God.   I digress.  Continually learning more and more about My King My Love My Lord in the Holy Sciptures(Old Testament) is were it is at.  He is definitly His Fathers Son.  God Bless

About those money making Preachers as Paul wrote in Phil 1;18  "What then? Only that in very way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, .  Didnt bother him why should it bother me.  I think he cared where my heart was.

Peace be with You.

hillsbororiver

Re: One Truth
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 11:44:40 AM »

Quote from: jerry cabral
That cool, not stepping on any toes here but interesting choice of men that people followed.   A red flag for me would have been when they said they were The Christ,  simple would have tested it with braking one bone to prove he wasnt but thats just me.   The Bible is clear on where My Lord is and other things which are clear so some.   Whether a man follows or not does not change My Lord or who he is(using he lightly for male and female in not spiritual but flesh)the Beloved born of The Father.  He is Righteousness born of Love.  I was told once being righteous ment being obidient to God, and being self-righteous was being obedient to ones self.
What ever I say only defiles myself.  Nothing could change or taint the Truth only the persons perspective.   Following Righteousness, is that not following The Lord.  These bothers and sister commiting suicide one should allways do the best Pray for them as someone prayed for me.  I ask my self whatever happens in this world were is my heart for in lies the Kingdom of God.   I digress.  Continually learning more and more about My King My Love My Lord in the Holy Sciptures(Old Testament) is were it is at.  He is definitly His Fathers Son.  God Bless

About those money making Preachers as Paul wrote in Phil 1;18  "What then? Only that in very way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, .  Didnt bother him why should it bother me.  I think he cared where my heart was.

Peace be with You.

Hi Jerry, after reading Phi. Ch. 1, I could not see where Paul was addressing "money making preachers" perhaps you could clear this up for me, what I perceived him to be writing about had nothing to do with money. Please help me out. But I did find some other writings of Paul that warned us of false apostles, false brethren, false workers who might bring us into bondage.  

2Co 11:13  For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Gal 2:4  And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:

Tithing is a form of bondage that seems to be universal in the TV preacher set. Many people feel guilt and hopelessness from what they preach, that the Lord would consign them to an eternal hellhole of extreme pain for not coughing up tithes and offerings to THEM! Sounds like doctrines of devils to me.

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Joe

hillsbororiver

paul crouch
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 11:45:57 AM »

jerry cabral

Your right
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 12:12:34 PM »

Your right, he wrote that some preach for their own self-ambition and not of love.  I guess one would have to ask what motivates ones ambition. I find in my heart nothing wrong with giving especially if I have it, I mean even Abraham kick 10% of His to the chruch of that time. Who am I not to.

In my walk alway find one always using They and Them , They are Wrong They are the blind ones.  Satan seperates, that his job.  Close ourself off from Brothers or Church proves that.  Who am I to choose the vessels which the Lord gives me answers.

hillsbororiver

paul crouch
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 12:40:27 PM »

Hi Jerry, actually Abraham did not tithe, but I certainly agree that we should give with a cheerful heart, especially to the less fortunate and not only with food, clothes or money, but with our time.

Contributing $$$ toward armani suits, fancy cars, jets, and other worldly goods for selfish preachers who have no regard for the torment they inflict certainly doesn't qualify.

Joe
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 17 queries.