bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is Christ a descendent of David?  (Read 7397 times)

nightmare sasuke

How is Christ a descendent of David?
« on: March 20, 2006, 03:34:09 AM »

Act 13:23  Of this man's [David] seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: (KJV).

My question is this: how is Christ a blood descendent of David’s seed if he was born of a virgin as a result of the Holy Spirit?

rvhill

Re: How is Christ a descendent of David?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 05:12:53 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
Act 13:23  Of this man's [David] seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus: (KJV).

My question is this: how is Christ a blood descendent of David’s seed if he was born of a virgin as a result of the Holy Spirit?

Mary was of the house of David as was Joseph. Also Joseph adopted Jesus.  Learn the meaning of, “Blood is stronger then Milk.â€?

Mickyd

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:54:44 AM »

In Jewish beliefs, the bloodline follows the mother.

jerry cabral

The Root
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 11:29:49 AM »

One other great questions is how he is Root of Jesse the Father of David.

Mickyd

Re: The Root
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:34:42 PM »

Quote from: jerry cabral

"sigh" Who knows...maybe that was his grandmother's side. :wink:

Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. 1 Tim 1:4

Steve Crook

Re: The Root
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 11:25:30 PM »

Quote from: Mickyd

"sigh" Who knows...maybe that was his grandmother's side. :wink:

Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. 1 Tim 1:4

Yeah, I hear that. What I don't hear is my shepards voice coming form some posters here. Tis ok, all is well :)

jerry cabral

To Know
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:04:04 AM »

To Truly begin to know the Beloved Son and to keep seeking My Lord is at times more than one could stand,  to have been blessed to know why he is called The Root of Jesse fill your heart with reward enough and what he truly did and is and to know he was worthy and why before his birth in Bethlehem He is a King worthy of all my Love, and this is all the The Holy Scriptures Job, Psalm alone show his Love.   Then one would try to contain in his heart but sometimes cant besides just quoting words from the Bible but from ones heart.  If a person knows than he would rather cut off his own arm than confess Jesus My Lord and Love anything else than The Beloved Son of Our God of the Most High would be easy if beside praise and worship, one would just listen to Him and The Father commanded us.

Peace Be With You.

jerry cabral

They gave us both.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:47:53 PM »

Actually they gave us both, one in Matt and the other in Luke.  Mary's being Luke.    The other is why the question about the Root of Jesse may explain, man its to blessed to seek the Lord.  I would say first pray then think out of the box or rather flesh.

Peace be with You.

hillsbororiver

Re: They gave us both.
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 10:56:10 PM »

Actually they gave us both, one in Matt and the other in Luke.  Mary's being Luke.    The other is why the question about the Root of Jesse may explain, man its to blessed to seek the Lord.  I would say first pray then think out of the box or rather flesh.

Peace be with You.

Jerry, Shoeman was here under another psuedonym before and his purpose then was to provoke and antagonize, actually he was very successful, quite impressive for a teenager. I hope his motivation is different now. The kid has some smarts and is very subtle.

Joe

jerry cabral

Cool
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 12:20:10 AM »

Cool,  whatever movtive one can learn in any discussion about my Lord, and anybody as I said in another post who am I to choose to vessel in which my Lord give me for anwsers.  In the Book of Job it mentions learning from a child seven days old.  

Peace be with Youl.

rvhill

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 01:27:43 AM »

Quote from: Shoeman
Then why did they give the genealogy leading up to Joseph if they meant Mary anyway? Why give useless information?

And Joseph's adoption of Jesus does not give Jesus Joseph's blood.

You really have no understanding of “Blood is stronger then Milk," do you?

jerry cabral

what
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 10:44:18 AM »

Im confuses,  can you exlplain how blood is thicker than milk, especially if the milk comes from New Hampsire.

rvhill

Re: what
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 04:21:59 PM »

Im confuses,  can you exlplain how blood is thicker than milk, especially if the milk comes from New Hampsire.

You can read the story of David if you wish support. Here is the heart of the saying the bonds of blood are thinker then the blonds of milk. The tribes believe in blood brotherhood. They also believe that the blood brotherhood bond is stronger then the milk bond. The milk bond is blood family the blood bond is adoption. This what it mean to be adopted in to the family of God. We come first, because the adopted child by tradition come first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.