bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glimmers of hope  (Read 4889 times)

Grace

Glimmers of hope
« on: May 10, 2011, 01:19:57 AM »

Has anyone in here had something that's very important to them they are praying for which could be like a "life and death" situation and gotten answers for those prayers?  The reason I ask about this is because I do have this type of prayer I've asked God to deal with for me and it's been a really long time.  Some days I just struggle to the point that I am ready to give up all hope and my carnal mind goes wild on me and as soon as I tire of the struggle and just let it go, God in various ways will send me something that gives me just a "glimmer of hope" to help me through the day and just to let me know that He's still there and hasn't left me.  It's enough to renew my strength for a couple of days and sometimes as long as a week or two but then I find myself coming right back to this same point again and going through it all again.  I won't pretend to understand it.  However, after 5 years time, I am having really bad thoughts coming at me now that are making me have doubts and I'm just too tired to fight it anymore. 

If this has happened to anyone else, please comment/share.  I would love to hear from all of you.  I also ask for your prayers for me and my family.  Thanks!

Grace

JohnMichael

Re: Glimmers of hope
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:03:39 AM »

Hi Grace,

I would love to just give you a big, warm, comforting hug right now. :)

I have had those times where it feels like too much, and I can't go on, and just when I reach that critical moment... BOOM! God shows up with Strength and Peace. As you told me once, we ARE weak, but...

(WNT)
Rom 8:24  It is *in hope* that we have been [will be] saved. But an object of hope is such no longer when it is present to view; for when a man has a thing before his eyes, how can he be said to hope for it?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for something which we do not see, then we eagerly and patiently wait for it.
Rom 8:26  In the same way the Spirit also helps us in our weakness; for we do not know what prayers to offer nor in what way to offer them. But the Spirit Himself pleads for us in yearnings that can find no words,
Rom 8:27  and the Searcher of hearts knows what the Spirit's meaning is, because His intercessions for God's people are in harmony with God's will.

2Ti 2:12  "If we patiently endure pain, we shall also share His Kingship; "If we disown Him, He will also disown us;
2Ti 2:13  "And even if *our* faith fails, He remains true--He cannot prove false to Himself."

(YLT)
Exo 4:11  And Jehovah saith unto him, `Who appointed a mouth for man? or who appointeth the dumb, or deaf, or open, or blind? is it not I, Jehovah?
Exo 4:12  and now, go, and I--I am with thy mouth, and have directed thee that which thou speakest;'

HE is strong, and we don't truly see that UNTIL we reach that moment of weakness when we know we can't go another step. Then our Loving God steps in, picks us up, and holds us close.

God seems to remind me in those times to lean on Him, if not RUN to Him.

Psa 121:1  A Song of the Ascents. I lift up mine eyes unto the hills, Whence doth my help come?
Psa 121:2  My help is from Jehovah, maker of heaven and earth,
Psa 121:3  He suffereth not thy foot to be moved, Thy preserver slumbereth not.
Psa 121:4  Lo, He slumbereth not, nor sleepeth, He who is preserving Israel.
Psa 121:5  Jehovah is thy preserver, Jehovah is thy shade on thy right hand,
Psa 121:6  By day the sun doth not smite thee, Nor the moon by night.
Psa 121:7  Jehovah preserveth thee from all evil, He doth preserve thy soul.
Psa 121:8  Jehovah preserveth thy going out and thy coming in, From henceforth even unto the age!

As God gives you the strength, don't give up. Run to Him. Be hidden in Him. Is He not our refuge and our strength? :)

(YLT)
Psa 46:1  To the Overseer. --By sons of Korah. `For the Virgins.' --A song. God is to us a refuge and strength, A help in adversities found most surely.

(KJV - my favorite version of this passage)
Psa 23:1  A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Psa 23:2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psa 23:6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Take comfort that God knows what He's doing - even if we don't. He knows the numbers of hairs on your head, and the tears that fall when no one else is looking. He knows the ache of your heart when you feel alone. He's there. :)

I will keep you in my prayers, dear sister. :) May He give you strength that shocks you.

Love, Strength, & Peace,
John

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:08:29 AM »

God bless you JohnMichael and hugs Brother!  Thank you for those scriptures.  I needed to hear them today.  I feel weary in my struggle and wasted.  I needed to read those words of encouragement.   :)

But the Spirit Himself pleads for us in yearnings that can find no words,
Rom 8:27  and the Searcher of hearts knows what the Spirit's meaning is, because His intercessions for God's people are in harmony with God's will.

This translation really opens up the meaning of this scripture.  Which translation is this you are using?

Peace,
Grace

All glory, honor, and praise be to Him, and Him alone. :) You're welcome. Thrilled that you found comfort and encouragement in them.

That particular translation is the 1912 Weymouth New Testament. It's a free download with E-Sword (also free download). www.e-sword.net

Hang in there,
John
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 03:10:46 AM by JohnMichael »

One Love

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »

Hi Grace
Everytime I feel that way, I come to this site, once I found this when I was down, I think KAT posted this, hope it uplifts you too.

How do I praise and worship God?

I breathe. Yes. I breathe.

Breathing is my praise and my worship of God that is done unconditionally. Anything I can think, feel or say, falls short.

God makes me breathe. He makes me live. He makes His Praise and Worship Pleasing in His Sight. It is all Him.

How do I praise and worship God?

I breathe. Nothing I can do, think or say is worthy enough to give God the praise He merits or the worship He deserves.
I breathe and I live and that is to the merit of God and to His Glory.

My being is God’s praise. My life is God’s work. God makes me to be His Praise and His Pleasure. My being is His Honor and Glory. His breath is my breath, which is breathing His Life into my flesh that is His earthen Vessel of His Spirit, of His Glory and Praise, Worship and Life, in me.

The question how do you praise is not a question. It is a catch, to make think anyone can do anything, or something to praise God. We can do nothing, as everything that is done, is of God. Without God, nothing can be done.

Everyone and everything that has ever existed, that presently exists and will ever exist, is to the Praise and Worship of God.

All the flaws, errors, mistakes and also all the perfections, blessings and rewards, are to the Praise of God and His Glory, in His making Power and Love. There is no How, to how to praise God, just Wow,...~

One Love

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »

Hi Again Grace
Here's another:

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed. I’m just a man, a human, carnal in this life but my God’s WILL, will change ALL at the second coming of Lord Jesus Christ.

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the compliment that that was my lovely post. But as soon as I started reading it I knew it was from our sister Deborah (Arcturus). Here is the link http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12703.0.html

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due  :)

Grace I will pray that you can turn this struggle over to Him, let Him carry your burden as it is too hard for you to bare.

Mat 11:28  Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke on you and learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest to your souls.
v. 30  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Samson

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 11:34:11 AM »

Has anyone in here had something that's very important to them they are praying for which could be like a "life and death" situation and gotten answers for those prayers?  The reason I ask about this is because I do have this type of prayer I've asked God to deal with for me and it's been a really long time.  Some days I just struggle to the point that I am ready to give up all hope and my carnal mind goes wild on me and as soon as I tire of the struggle and just let it go, God in various ways will send me something that gives me just a "glimmer of hope" to help me through the day and just to let me know that He's still there and hasn't left me.  It's enough to renew my strength for a couple of days and sometimes as long as a week or two but then I find myself coming right back to this same point again and going through it all again.  I won't pretend to understand it.  However, after 5 years time, I am having really bad thoughts coming at me now that are making me have doubts and I'm just too tired to fight it anymore.  

If this has happened to anyone else, please comment/share.  I would love to hear from all of you.  I also ask for your prayers for me and my family.  Thanks!

Grace

Grace,

Everyone is going to have "Bad Thoughts" at times, they just pop in Your head, only God can cause every thought to be under subjection and it's a process for Your entire Life. On your own, you can't control your thoughts, no one can. In regards to Your question about something important that's of personal concern to me is the following and it relates to my reaction to coping with stress. What I mean by that is this: I ask & pray to God to help Me in how I react to Stress. We are going to have Stress & Trials, but it's how we react that's of great concern. For instance: Do We lose Our Temper, Do We react with an unkind word; Do we worry about the stress or ordeal that We might encounter Tomorrow; Do We Scapegoat our stress towards other, etc. Stress & Trials are a given, but how We react is the most important aspect of this. I tend to worry about Economic issues, even though that's not an issue at present. When We are overly tired emotionally & physically is when We are susceptible to reacting in a inappropriate way and even if We do fall short by reacting in a inappropriate way, We don't want to beat others up over it by giving up. At least some of us at this Forum, I perceive have been or presently are influenced by the fault of "Perfectionism," the obsession of having to do everything exactly right down to the most intricate detail. Now, there's nothing wrong in attempting to do Our best to please God, please Our wife or Please Our Forum brothers & Sisters, but it could get unhealthy if we are overly obsessed with it. If someone with a Perfectionist frame of mind falls short often enough, they have a tendency to just give up perhaps saying: " What's the use of trying," they become overwhelmed by not being good or perfect enough in their own minds.

As a Illustration to show how God is in control of matters, I will relate the following " Life & Death" type situation; Several years ago, being Homeless, Economically deprived, mostly isolated from Family & Friends & Severely depressed, I asked God if He would be willing to let Me Die, I pleaded with Him & said I'm not asking for Money, food, My circumstances to improve, Please just let me die. Well, needless to say, He wouldn't let me die, apparently, I'm still here. Ah Shucks, sorry to disappoint everyone, only kidding,  ;D.

I don't know if any of the above is what you were looking for. By the way, don't give up, just offer yourself over to God, let Him fight for you, let Him do some of the " trying so hard" for you & youi won't get so tired. His Will is always done(Was, Is & Will Be), not My Will, Your Will or anyone else's for that matter.    Kind Regards, Samson,  ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:36:14 AM by Samson »

One Love

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:52 AM »

Grace
I parrot the same things you mention to no avail then I go back and read Mr. Smiths emails, papers, etc and it gives me all the answers to my questions. My situation has gotten worse but I'm learning to live with it! Read this email, hope it brings closure to your questions.

Hello Ray,

I have three questions:
1.   I would like to know what you believe scripture to say on the subject of healing for today.

2.   Do you think we are able to do the same miracles as Jesus? If so, why do we not see this more often?

3.   The scripture in John 14: 13, 14.  Why don't our petitions get answered like Jesus said?
Thank you for your time,
Cindy
[Ray Replies]
Dear Cindy:

Many assume that the statements that Jesus made to his eleven apostles on the evening of His arrest, were a blanket statement to all believers to follow, for all time. This is not so.

Jesus did do many miracles through His apostles after His death and resurrection. He promised them the gift of the Holy Spirit (Comforter), which would give them faith and power to spread His gospel message.

This came true fifty days later on the Day of Pentecost. The apostles were given the gift of tongues so that they could even speak in foreign languages which none of them had ever studied. They were able to heal the sick. And they even RAISED THE DEAD. Peter and Paul both RAISED THE DEAD.

These special miracle gifts did not follow all generations of the church. Even later in the ministry of the apostles, God began to withdraw these gifts. No one was raised from the dead in their later ministry. Paul said that "tongues would cease" in I Cor. 13. Only "faith, hope [expectation] and charity [love]" were to "NOW remain...."  Some of Paul best friends and servants in spreading the gospel were sick and not healed. Paul told his dear friend Timothy, to "take a little wine for thy stomach's sake, and thyn OFT [MANY] INFIRMITIES. God did NOT heal them. Do we think that Paul did not even ask?

Many in the charismatic church try to make a carnival exhibition of such gifts, but I am afraid all they do is deceive.

However, with that said, does God no longer perform miracles or healings? Yes, He does. I have seen and experienced them. Does He always heal? Does He always alleviate our problems and trials? NO. Why should we pray for God to TAKE AWAY all the things that are absolutely NECESSARY FOR OUR FAITH AND PERFECTION?
Don't neglect to ask God for EVERYTHING you feel you should have. But don't be disappointed if God allows you to CONTINUE IN YOUR TRIALS. Sometimes He removes certain trials after a period of time. We do not know when and how or even if God will do this that or the other thing, so we keep praying.  I ask for STRENGTH AND FAITH to face my trials and OVERCOME my flesh. I no longer pray for God to make me HEALTHY, WEALTHY AND WISE, with absolutely no price to pay for such privileges.

This site is an answer to prayer. My understanding of the Scriptures is an answer to prayer. Everything I have is an answer to prayer. I pray for others and many times, GOD ANSWERS MY PRAYERS! But I do NOT always heal the sick through my prayers, I do not make people wealthy through my prayers, and I have NEVER raised the dead through my prayers. So don't stop praying!! And ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, thank God for all that you have.
And then, don't WORRY about anything. Phil. 4:6 is a terrible translation in the KJV. Instead of "Be careful in nothing..." it should read:
"DON'T WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING..."
God be with you,

Here is how Jesus taught us to pray:  “But YOU,  when YOU pray, enter into your closet [inner room], and when you have SHUT YOUR DOOR, pray to your Father which is in secret….” (Matt. 6:6).  How did our Lord pray:

“And He withdrew Himself into the WILDERNESS and prayed” (Luke 5:16).

“And it came to pass in those days, that He went out into A MOUNTAIN to pray….” (Luke 6:12).

“And it came to pass, as He was ALONE praying….” (Luke 9:18).

“Then comes Jesus with them unto a placed called Gethsemane, and said unto the disciples, Sit ye here, while I go and pray YONDER” (Matt. 26:36).

“And in the morning rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a SOLITARY PLACE and there prayed” (Mark 1:35).

But here’s an example of where Jesus did pray aloud in front of a group. It was the occasion of raising Lazarus from the dead. After removing the stone from the tomb, Jesus lifted up His eyes and said:  “Father I thank You that You have heard Me.  And I know that You hear Me always…”  Jesus knew that His silent prayer to His Father had already been heard before He prayed aloud. Then why did He pray aloud?  Let’s read it: “….but because of THE PEOPLE WHICH STAND BY I said it, that THEY may believe that You have sent Me” (John 11:40-41).  Proof that Jesus did NOT normally pray aloud in public.  Jesus Himself acknowledged that there was a special reason why He prayed aloud on this one particular occasion.
Mat 6:1  Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Mat 6:2  Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:3  But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Mat 6:4  That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:5  And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:6  But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:7  But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Mat 6:8  Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Mat 6:9  After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 6:10  Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Mat 6:11  Give us this day our daily bread.
Mat 6:12  And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
Mat 6:13  And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Mat 6:14  For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
Mat 6:15  But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mat 6:16  Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Mat 6:17  But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;
Mat 6:18  That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.
Mat 6:19  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
Mat 6:20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
Mat 6:21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Mat 6:22  The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
Mat 6:23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Mat 6:24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon

And...

Joh 4:19  The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet.
Joh 4:20  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
Joh 4:21  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
Joh 4:22  Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Joh 4:23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24  God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh 4:25  The woman saith unto him, I know that Messiahs cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
I get asked this question quite often. Actually the fact that God is in control of EVERYTHING is a very good reason itself to pray.  We are totally reliant upon God for EVERYTHING!  Think about it. If there were a human being that you had to rely upon for EVERYTHING, would you not stay VERY CLOSE to that person and ALWAYS be in CONSTANT contact with them?  Of course you would.

I KNOW that I have had prayers ANSWERED, ONLY BECAUSE I ASKED!  But you might say, "How can that be if God predetermined to do it ANYWAY?"  But you see, He did not predetermine to do it "ANYWAY."  That is OUR ASSUMPTION that is not true. Listen:  God predetermined to do something for us only AFTER we asked for it!!  And yes, it is true, that God predetermined that we WOULD ASK FOR IT, as well.  We just can't out-think, or out-guess, or out-smart God no matter how hard we try.

Let me give you another piece of wisdom. We are told that we are to "Work out our OWN salvation" in the Scriptures.  How can we work out our own salvation if God has already determined that we will be saved and He is going to SAVE ALL?  Same answer as your question to prayer:  "Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling [WHY? Next verse]...For [or because] it is GOD which works in you BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:12-13).

It is inspired of God that we pray and that we work. Just because it is God doing it, does not negate the fact that it will be done in us and through us. In time of real and desperate need, we will be brought to our knees before God whether it seems logical in the face of God's total sovereignty or not!

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2661.0.html --------

Jesus said: "...the WORDS that I speak unto you, THEY ARE SPIRIT...." (John 6:63).

I realize that if anyone were to actually teach such a verse in any seminary in the world, he would be thrown out on his ear. The Church doesn't believe this verse. Most of the pastors of the world do not believe this verse. Now then, if virtually no Christian alive believes this declaration of our Lord, how is it that they expect to understand a single word that He taught?

If "heaven" is outer space where the galaxies reside, then how is it that Jesus was both "in heaven" and "on earth" AT THE SAME TIME? (John 3:13). God's will being done on earth "as in heaven" has absolutely nothing to do with the planetary or star systems of outer space.

So why pray for what MUST BE done?  For the same reasons that Jesus prayed "Thy will be done" before His crucifixion.  God doesn't need to get in line with OUR will, but rather we must get in line with HIS WILL, seeing that that is the only will that WILL be done, and we are to desire and pray for it. "For it is GOD [who? man? NO--GOD] which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).  I don't know a member of Christendom anywhere who believes this verse or a hundred like it.  Christians think that because people go against God's stated will, that they are going against His plan, purpose, or intentions. It is God's INTENTION and PURPOSE and PLAN that mankind GO AGAINST HIS STATED WILL.

"All that God has said, WE WILL DO," answered Israel to Moses.  Yah, right, in their dreams. Yes, God is not willing that any should perish as a final destiny, and so, no one will perish as a final destiny.  Even the RIGHTEOUS "perish" in this lifetime (Isa. 57:1).

You do not understand the terms "choice" and "free choice or free will" at all. We all make choices. We make our OWN choices, but all choices are caused by SOMETHING. It is called the "Law" of cause and effect. A law is something that always works under all conditions. Man assuredly does not possess "FREE" will or "Free" choice. It would behoove you to read my four-part series: "The MYTH of Free Will Exposed" in Installment 15 of my "Lake of Fire" series. I go through dozens of Scriptures proving that man has no such thing as "free" will. However, this knowledge is not found in too many. Read it.  No, really, read it. You have obviously read much junk in your life, so now read something worth your while. God really is Sovereign.

We need to be careful in our selection of words when speaking of God. God can be "responsible" for something without being "at FAULT."  Fault suggest a mistake, a sin, and God does not sin, neither did He ever make a mistake, even though most would think that Adam's and Eve's failing in the garden showed that God did not count the cost, and did not know what He was doing, and was utterly surprised when He found out that His creation malfunctioned. It's all blasphemy. God never made a mistake or was surprised by anything, EVER.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6296.0.html ----

You are not paying close attention to what I have written, and you have not studied such important papers of mine such as "The Myth of Free Will Exposed."  Don't feel bad, however, as hardly anyone can comprehend this teaching. Let me make it as simple as I can. God already knows and has declared the "END FROM THE BEGINNING" (Isa. 46:10). Therefore nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING can ever change from what God ALWAYS KNEW WILL BE.

Now hold that Scriptural thought and don't ever let it go!  Next comes the more difficult part for most to believe and understand.

Things that God knows WILL HAPPEN, don't JUST happen without His sovereign direction.  Therefore, some things would never happen unless you PRAY for them.  Ah, but that is where I lost you and most others as well.  I repeat:  Some things would never happen unless you PRAY for them to happen.  Does that mean that if you had NOT PRAYED for them they would NOT have happened. Exactly. Isn't that what I just said?  Well then, just how can God KNOW what will happen if you DON'T pray for something to happen that He knows MUST HAPPEN?  Whether it happens or doesn't happen in this case all hinges on WHETHER YOU PRAY FOR IT OR NOT.  So how can God know FOR SURE?  If God WANTS something to happen through a prayer of yours, and God KNOWS that something will happen IF YOU PRAY for it, guess what?
GOD WILL SEE TO IT THAT  Y-O-U  D-O  P-R-A-Y  F-O-R  I-T!  And this is exactly what God teaches in the Scriptures. Now can you see and understand it?

Here's another example:

1Co 1:21 "For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe."

Now then, FOUR things need to happen for this Scripture to come true.

1. People must "believe."

2. Therefore God must give these people "faith."

3. They must hear the needed preaching.

4. God must provide for "the foolishness of preaching" through people like me.

Hope you understand.

http://bible-truths.com/emails.html#whypray -------

I constantly receive emails from people who think there are obvious and blatant contradictions between the way we live and absolute laws of God.

The answer is contained in your own question. I realize that this takes a little thought. I have personally thought about all the possible implications of God's Sovereignty and our lack of free will, for thousands and thousands of hours.

Your question is a logical one. If God is going to do exactly what He has predetermined to do, in every and all situations, then our prayers will CHANGE NOTHING!  Right? WRONG!

But HOW CAN THAT BE? That's a contradiction of logic, isn't it? No, it is not. Here is the answer: God not only brings about the result which He always has in mind for every situation in life, and in every situation in the history of the world, but He ALSO BRINGS ABOUT THE MEANS BY WHICH THAT RESULT IS ACCOMPLISHED!

Therefore, nothing is accomplished AT ALL, unless God brings about the MEANS of accomplishing it.

Example:  When Paul was sailing on a ship to Rome, they ran into a terrible storm. It appeared that all would be lost. An angel appeared in the night to Paul and told him that not one hair of anyone's head would be harmed, but that all had to STAY ON THE SHIP!   Some attempted to depart from the ship. Paul told them that if ever they should not stay on the ship, they would DIE! Now then, how could they possibly "die" when an angel of the Lord told Paul that NO ONE WOULD DIE? A contradiction? Absolutely not.

Since God had already committed Himself to SAVING EVERYONE, He also made sure that the instructions needed to accomplish that WERE FOLLOWED PRECISELY! And so those men CAME BACK ON THE SHIP and they were ALL SAVED JUST AS THE ANGEL TOLD PAUL!

But isn't prayer effective only if it CHANGES GOD'S MIND to do something for you that He wouldn't have done for you had you NOT prayed? Again, absolutely not. God is not a man that He should "change His mind" about anything, ever!  Now, learn something about prayer that virtually no one in all Christendom believes or understands.
First, let's look at Romans 8:26. From the King James:

"Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities, for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

This marvelous Scripture, however, does not bring out the whole truth contained in the Greek manuscripts regarding this verse, in the King James Version. Here is a better translation.

From the Concordant Literal New Testament:

"Now, similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with WHAT MUST BE, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings."

"With WHAT MUST BE..."  There is the answer!  And here is the perfect application of this verse in the real world:

"And He went a little further and fell on His face, and prayed saying, O My Father, IF it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: [but that was NOT POSSIBLE! God had already PREDETERMINED that Jesus SHOULD drink this cup, and therefore, IMMEDIATELY recanted to the prodding of the Holy Spirit and said the following...]: nevertheless not as I will, BUT AS THOU WILL ['to accord with WHAT MUST BE']."

Then Jesus prayed again, WITHOUT asking God to take the cup from Him:

"He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if this cup may NOT pass away from Me, except I drink it, THY WILL BE DONE" (Matt. 26:39 & 42).

Clearly Jesus was CAUSED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT to pray "in accord with WHAT MUST BE."

And the same thing that goes for prayer goes for EVERYTHING in our lives. It will always be according to God's preordained intention. That is not to say that things do not go AGAINST HIS WILL, they often do. But... BUT, it is also often God's intention that we DO GO AGAINST HIS STATED WILL. Many times it is God INTENTION that humanity goes AGAINST HIS WILL. In Romans 9:19 were it says, "For who has resisted His WILL?" it should be translated: "For who has resisted His INTENTION." This is a different Greek word from what is normally translated "will."

People also often ask why I do what I do on our web site in teaching people the Truths of God, if God is going to save everyone anyway. Again, the answer is simple: This is HOW God brings about the salvation of many people. By teaching and preaching. He doesn't have to do it this way, but He has CHOSEN to do it this way.  Hence we read:

"For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God BY THE FOOLISHNESS OF PREACHING to save them that believe" (I Cor. 1:21).

And, of course, we know that it is again, God Himself, Who gives us the faith to believe in the first place (Eph. 2:08).

Hope this helps your understanding a little better.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9177.0.html -------

The Christian Church has so screwed up our minds, that it is almost impossible to think rationally if one is to cling to their absurd and unscriptural doctrines and teachings.

Ask yourself:  "Have I or anyone I know ever fervently prayed for something or some one that was a good and loving request, and yet God did now answer your request?"

Yes?  Many times?  Probably.  But why?  Why would God answering some benevolent loving requests, but not others, and certainly not all?  Let me first make what I consider a very profound statement that I came to understand when I did a Scriptural study on prayer:
"God has never ever answered a prayer that WASN'T FIRST PRAYED!"

But the question remains:  "Would God have performed that same task for you if you had NOT prayed for it?"  He may have, but then it couldn't be counted as a answered prayer.

When God desires to do good things for His people, he inspired them TO PRAY.  When you understand prayer, no prayer of yours will ever "be in vain" as you suggest.  Yes, God exactly what He will and what He will not do in the next hour, day, or week, and absolutely nothing in heaven or earth will ever "change" that--God does NOT CHANGE HIS MIND, EVER!  But we don't know what a new day will bring, and so we pray.  Many if not most of God's ways seem strange to we humans.  We are not yet on His level of wisdom and spirituality.  God wants to hear from us.  God wants His children to talk to Him about all their needs and desires.  God wants to hear us thank Him for all He has given us.

It is not the least discouraging to me that I cannot change God's mind about anything.  Imagine if God answered all the billions of prayers of all the billions of people around the world?  What utter chaos there would be.  God could never prophesy or foretell the future, as it would be constantly changing by the changing of His Own mind, answering all of those billions of prayers.  Was Jesus perfectly obedience to God His Father?  Did His Father "remove the cup" that Jesus prayed about?  NO, no He didn't.  Was Jesus' prayer, therefore, "in vain?"  I think not.

If God has determined to heal or bless someone because you or someone else prayed for it, then you will HAVE to pray that prayer in order for God to answer it, and therefore, prayer is never in vain unless we are not praying according to God's rules.  Hope this helps you a little, and I will pray that it does!

http://bible-truths.com/email4.htm#things --------------

Since you are asking for spiritual understanding of God's word, are you not gaining spiritual understanding? If you are, then you have your "sign."

James warns against praying for "things" to consume on our lusts. Like, "Please Lord, give me a new car, a new job, and new girlfriend, a new body, a million dollars" etc. Which I know you are not doing. James says not to expect an answer from such prayers.

The real key to prayer is to:

"Seek first the Kingdom of God and HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS, and all these other THINGS will be added unto you."

Sincerely,

One Love

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 11:44:01 AM »

Hey Kat
Thanks for rectifying that, sorry ARC, I'll be careful the next time I post.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »

Hi Gordon

Inspiration is part of breathing...we all do it ~ no apology needed ~ :D

Kathy, we will have to credit you with being a brilliant Sherlock Holmes BTF based consulting detective ~ :)

Arc

Drew

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 01:45:32 PM »

God be Praised! You brothers and sisters amaze me daily. I'm Blessed.

Drew

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »

Matthew 24:13
But he that shall endure to the end, the same shall be saved.

There is much to be said about trials and tribulations, but we can know that he will never leave or forsake us. :)

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 20 queries.