bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yearning for Christ's Kingdom  (Read 4196 times)

JohnMichael

Yearning for Christ's Kingdom
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:50:43 PM »

Today, I was reading my assigned chapter for my Intro to Criminal Justice course, and this is what I read:

"In 2005, a Louisianna state appeals court threw out murder charges against James Thomas and ordered him released. Thomas, an impoverished day laborer, had been arrested in 1996 and had spent eight and a half years in jail waiting for a trial that never came. The ruling by the appeals court was widely seen as an indictment of Louisianna's understaffed and underfunded public defender system; the public defenders had simply been too busy to work on Thomas's case. A private attorney managed to get Thomas set free after his mother scraped together $500 to pay his fee. (Schmalleger, 2011, p. 351)"

Reference: Schmalleger, F. (2011). Criminal Justice Today. Prentice Hall: New York

This account severely grieved me. I know we are to respect our government according to Romans 13 because God put them there, but this made me long for Christ's reign. Only then will Judgment finally be truly Just and Righteous. Sometimes I wonder if governments aren't an experience of evil to show us how truly Pure God's Government is/will be.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Yearning for Christ's Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 09:19:23 PM »

John,
That was sad :(
Worser things have happen in the criminal justice system.
I'm sure you'll hear about them.

This whole life is an experience of evil,
(KJV)
Ecc 1:13  And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith.
(CLV)
Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Samson

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 10:12:23 AM »

Today, I was reading my assigned chapter for my Intro to Criminal Justice course, and this is what I read:

"In 2005, a Louisianna state appeals court threw out murder charges against James Thomas and ordered him released. Thomas, an impoverished day laborer, had been arrested in 1996 and had spent eight and a half years in jail waiting for a trial that never came. The ruling by the appeals court was widely seen as an indictment of Louisianna's understaffed and underfunded public defender system; the public defenders had simply been too busy to work on Thomas's case. A private attorney managed to get Thomas set free after his mother scraped together $500 to pay his fee. (Schmalleger, 2011, p. 351)"

Reference: Schmalleger, F. (2011). Criminal Justice Today. Prentice Hall: New York

George Hegel, a Philosopher said something to the affect that History repeats itself and Man learns nothing from History and the repeating of it therefore.

Those putting faith in Man's Justice will be disappointed, If you long for justice through Man, just look it up in Websters Dictionary, that's the only place you'll find it.

Only God's way of Judging will set matters straight, Read Below !

12)Krisis, Krino: Judgement, Judge, Hebrew-Mishpat; To pronounce an opinion concerning right or wrong, to set matters straight, Doing whats just and good. Gen. 18:25 (Shall the Judge of all the Earth do what is right).

"For if we would JUDGE [Gk: diakrino=THROUGH JUDGE, separate thoroughly, to withdraw, discern, judge] OURSELVES [members of the called-out House of God], we should not be judged [Gk: krino=judge, set right, decide, to try, condemn, punish]. But when we are judged [the same Greek word krino as used above with reference to judging the wicked world] we are CHASTENED of the Lord, that we should not be condemned [Gk: katakrino, an adverse sentence] with the world" (I Cor. 11:32).
Pay close attention to the three Greek words, diakrino, krino, and katakrino, used in this verse.
There is so much contained in this verse. There is a judgment now on God’s saints. We are judged by being "chastened of the Lord." What does that mean? "Chastened" is from the Greek word paideuo and here is what it means: "to train up a child, i.e. educate, or (by impl.) discipline (by punishment): -- chasten (-ise), instruct, learn, teach" (Strong’s Greek Dictionary p. 54).
Are you following this amazing use of words? You will now learn a marvelous truth of Scripture that is not being taught in any theological seminary that I am aware of anywhere in the whole world.
We are "judged" by God, and the vehicle that God uses to do this judging is "chastening." In other words, we are "judged" by God by being "trained up" like a child, by being "educated," by "discipline" involving "punishment," "instructed," by which we "learn," and all these "teach" us WHAT WE SHOULD BE.
There is no doubt that some of this chastening can be harsh, sorrowful, and painful. Much of it is not very pleasant and God admits as much to us. And it is not possible for one single son of God to avoid this chastisement! Let’s read it:

God "judges" us by "chastening" us! (I Cor. 11:32) "chasten," Greek: ‘paideuo’ #3811
God "graces" us by "teaching" us! (Titus 2:12) "teaching," Greek: ‘paideuo’ #3811

WOW! Do you even begin to understand what you have just read? Whether God "JUDGES" us (and later the wicked world), or "GRACES" us, He does it THE SAME WAY!!
"Judging" is CHASTENING (Strong’s #3811), and "gracing" is CHASTENING (Strong’s #3811). It is the SAME WORD!

This account severely grieved me. I know we are to respect our government according to Romans 13 because God put them there, but this made me long for Christ's reign. Only then will Judgment finally be truly Just and Righteous. Sometimes I wonder if governments aren't an experience of evil to show us how truly Pure God's Government is/will be.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:26 PM »

Sometimes I wonder if governments aren't an experience of evil to show us how truly Pure God's Government is/will be.

You're on to something there John.

Ecc 1:13
Antaiwan, the CLV version of that verse really brings home the undeniable albeit unwelcome reality of life.
Stacey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.