bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: God where are you?  (Read 10986 times)

Daddysgirl

God where are you?
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:07:43 AM »

Hello everyone

I have not posted in many months but never stopped reading. I have found a lot of encouragement in your posts in what has been some of the worst experiences of my life.

I am almost at the point of throwing in the towel. I have tried so hard to tell myself that God has a purpose and I that I must endure the fire. I am not strong at all. I feel cursed and forsaken.

I am pleading with you all to please pray for me.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: God where are you?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »

Hi Daddysgirl, you may have read this thread by Grapehound already but I find it very encouraging and fitting.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12289.msg107092.html#msg107092

Do not throw in the towel!
Stacey

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 12:10:11 PM »

Our hearts are with you <3. He is there...I know from experience. Just keep talking to Him, I know He will respond.
Elaine

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:21:25 PM »

Ps. 22:1-2  My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? Why are You so far from helping Me, And from the words of My groaning? O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; And in the night season, and am not silent.

It's always darkest before the dawn. King David knew this but notice his continued praise & trust in the Lord:

Ps. 22:22-24  I will declare Your name to My brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You. You who fear the LORD, praise Him! All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him, And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel! For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from Him; But when He cried to Him, He heard.

Trust in the Lord and He will show Himself to be Faithful. It has to be harder before it gets easier. One day we'll fully understand why.

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 12:44:46 PM »

Hello Daddysgirl. I do remember you from past posts and ask God to receive your prayer requests for which you so humbly ask. May our God strengthen you in your times of trouble. I hope Gods Word will help you in your understanding of things spiritual.

If we our led to believe the idols of our heart, which in your case is the belief that there is a curse on you and that He has forsaken you, then that is exactly what shall be given you. You will stumble in your own iniquity.

Eze 14:3  Son of man, these men have set up their idols in their heart, and put the stumblingblock of their iniquity before their face: should I be enquired of at all by them?

And what is Gods response to our idols?

Eze 14:4  Therefore speak unto them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Every man of the house of Israel that setteth up his idols in his heart, and putteth the stumblingblock of his iniquity before his face, and cometh to the prophet; I the LORD will answer him that cometh according to the multitude of his idols;
Eze 14:5  That I may take the house of Israel in their own heart, because they are all estranged from me through their idols.

Do not allow the adversary to lie to you concerning what is going on within.If you believe that God has cursed you, then the Lord will answer you as you think in your heart.

Pro 23:7  For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

Here is what we are up against if we follow the idol of our hearts.

Eze 14:8  And I will set my face against that man, and will make him a sign and a proverb, and I will cut him off from the midst of my people; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 14:9  And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

So then we must always pray to God to help us trample down those idols which can bring us to our knees. Ask the Holy Spirit to sweep out your spiritual house so that you can live by His Faith and the Truth of the Spirit. Because if we do not abide in the Truth the consequences could be even more severe.

Mat 12:43  When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
Mat 12:44  Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
Mat 12:45  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

But we should never lose Faith because as He is,so shall we be in the world. Pray for boldness to cast out torment and fear because we are made perfect in His Love, by His Faith, and not by our own idols of the heart.

1 John 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment : because as he is, so are we in this world.
1 John 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

When we live by every word that the Lord speaks His power will then reign supreme in our lives and the enemy can then no longer hurt you.

Luke 10:19  Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

All is of God, the good and the bad. When we listen to the Truth of the matter we then can be enlightened of the Spirit that is calling us out of this world and into His marvelous Light. The Truth will indeed set you free.

Hope this helps some.

Peace...Mark

One Love

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 03:06:51 PM »

Hey Daddysgirl
Wait! No "throwing in the towel" now, not before I do. I've been through trials, tribulations, sickness, pains, rejection, mountains, valleys, etc, etc. and right now, this hour, they are coming to reposess my car, I just went and pawned some stuff today to go through this day, our daily needs.

People, nations & prophets have cried out in the past to no avail, they were worst than us, they were taken out, with or without faith, beleive, hope or trusting in God, didn't matter!

Just keep enduring, that's all!

One Love

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:16:39 PM »

Hey Dear
I noticed that you're from my country & town, how about arranging that we meet and talk, pray, joke, etc.
I have children your age, maybe it will help, I'll send you my deatails so we can discuss further.

jassy

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »

Hey Daddysgirl
Wait! No "throwing in the towel" now, not before I do. I've been through trials, tribulations, sickness, pains, rejection, mountains, valleys, etc, etc. and right now, this hour, they are coming to reposess my car, I just went and pawned some stuff today to go through this day, our daily needs.

People, nations & prophets have cried out in the past to no avail, they were worst than us, they were taken out, with or without faith, beleive, hope or trusting in God, didn't matter!

Well Gordon, you are amazing. Few would offer comfort with their car disappearing into the netherworld called the bank. Sorry to hear that. Some members of my family are going through that right now., My niece and nephew in law living with their pastor cause they cant find a house or flat with a an affordable rent.
Been your route, and pawned a few baubles to get through the month.
You and Mattie hang in there.
I have always wondered what it was that we fear the most. Then it happens and after you have been through it you wonder why first, how the heck did you get through? and second, was that really the thing I feared the most? Boy, I better fear me some bigger things.
Not making light of your problems, just glad I am still here and God loves me. You cant praise Him from the grave so whatever the situation I am glad I am still alive to thank Him( or fight with Him sometimes) for whatever He sends my way.

blessings to you both

Jassy

firefly77

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 09:46:32 PM »

Daddysgirl,
Going through a very, very difficult time myself, presently, I told God, I desperately needed to hear from Him, as I sat down with my laptop and pulled up this forum on the web. While checking the prayer requests, your subject "God where are you?" immediately caught my attention, and I felt somewhat comforted by those words, because this was my question as well.
Know that you are not alone going through the fire. I am usually not one to share scriptures when a person is hurting, as quoting scriptures may make matters worse for some, when all they really wanted to know, if God still cares about them and knows where they are. I personally know that a warm hug and soothing words can bring about much healing. Nevertheless, the following words came to my mind:
1 Cor. 10:13
No temptation has you in its power, but such as is common to human nature; and God is faithful, and will not allow you to be tempted beyond your strength. But, when the temptation comes, He will also provide the way of escape; so that you may be able to bear it.
That's my hope and the only thing I am hanging my hat on.

Daddysgirl, hang in there... This shall pass too!

Virtual hugs to you ((((Daddysgirl))))

Daddysgirl

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 06:14:21 AM »

Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words.

I am not much of a talker even in real life, so please accept my sincere gratitude as short as it is.

Thank you,
Matty

Samson

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 10:06:06 AM »

Hello everyone

I have not posted in many months but never stopped reading. I have found a lot of encouragement in your posts in what has been some of the worst experiences of my life.

I am almost at the point of throwing in the towel. I have tried so hard to tell myself that God has a purpose and I that I must endure the fire. I am not strong at all. I feel cursed and forsaken.

Hi Daddysgirl,

Please don't give up and throw in the Towel. It's upbuilding for us Older Forum Members to see a few Young Ones at the Forum. If You notice, most Young Ones(under 30 aren't called) & given the privelege to understand these Truths. Marques, John Michael, Alex, Micah & others are an encouragement to Me, because most Young People Today are in a deeply LOST(Apollumi) Condition.

Look to Gordon's example found at this Thread, He endures much Economic Hardship, I went through that for a long period of time and might receive that again. I read His Post the other Day and didn't realize He was experiencing such Economic Hardship, that is a very tough one for Me, especially, I can't stand owing anyone Money. Gordon, sorry you are experiencing this, it's one of my least favorite, didn't realize you were, until the other day.

Hang in There, Samson.

One Love

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »

Hey Samson
You're an inspiration to all at this site, thanks for your comforting words, I've been in & out this situation for almost five years now, I can't believe it myself but everyday is a new hope for me, I'm making my peace with man & GOD, it's difficult when you're going thru this but I want to finish this race.

I pray and ask GOD not to take anyone through this because it's hard, we read in scripture that we shouldn't faint during this period, I've had a lot of loved ones faint & did not wake up, I thank GOD for my loving family that's bearing the brunt, without them, I don't know where I'd be.

Anyway, it's not all about me but I'm learning to listen more than talk.

I love this site, even if I don't post, I don't let a single post pass me by, I read all.

Thanx Bro & keep on posting.

One Love

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »

Sorry Daddysgirl for my last post, it just made me realise that I've taken something from you by speaking out my shame, but you're still in my prayers.

Grace

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »

Hey Dear
I noticed that you're from my country & town, how about arranging that we meet and talk, pray, joke, etc.
I have children your age, maybe it will help, I'll send you my deatails so we can discuss further.
Hey Daddysgirl

Dear Gordon,

What an awesome thing I see!  With all the devastation you have experienced on this particular day you are wanting to reach out and pray, joke, talk etc. with someone else....

This post really stuck with me after I read it.  Right now there is so much anger and bitterness in the world.  Even the people I always looked on as being so close in their relationship with the Father I am seeing such anger and frustration appearing in everything they say.  It has been hard to handle lately BUT.....after reading this I reflected on how just a few words of encouragement....or just a visit with someone who points out all of the things we have to be thankful for can change everything.  I once heard that we should picture it as a camera that has gotten out of focus and just needs to have the lens readjusted  and refocused to get a clear picture.  I think about that many times when I'm not seeing things clearly.  

Yesterday, I was able to see this in action.  I had read this post just before a visit with someone.  They were angry, frustrated, on the verge of a heated argument with the people around them and so much doom and gloom coming from every single mouth in the room.  I remembered in one of Ray's papers how he spoke of just thanking God for many things each day that He has provided (even little things like the fact we have toilet paper ;D) so I tried to change the subject by pointing out so many things that ARE good and to be thankful for.  At first, it wasn't noticed but the more the attention was taken off of the awful things and focused on the good things, the more the conversation of everyone took on a different perspective.  Did it change anything about the situation at hand?  No.  They still hated their neighbor, still had the death of a loved one, they still had hospital bills galore, still had family members they couldn't find love for.  What it did do though was to give HOPE.  It gave me HOPE.  It refocused my camera lens.  I really do have many things to be thankful for and I think we all do.  All of this helped me and reading all of your posts have helped too.  Sometimes we just need to "think on these things"....

Ro 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I couldn't find the paper Ray wrote about this "thanking God".  Perhaps Kat or someone more familiar with their way around on this site can find it and post it.  It has really helped me lately.  I pray you will hang in there Daddysgirl.  He will bring you to the place you need to be.  Gordon, I pray for you also that God will bless you and provide for all of your needs.

Grace

(Modification:  Gordon, I was posting this when you posted your response just now.  I didn't realize you were apologizing for something at the same time of this post).
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 01:39:01 PM by Grace »

daywalker

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »

Hello everyone

Hello,

I most certainly do pray for you. I'm going through some tough trials myself and know what it's like to have some of the thoughts and feelings you are having, so I can empathize with you. This morning I read an encouraging passage in the Book of Ezekiel (believe it or not!):

"Yet there will be some survivors—sons and daughters who will be brought out of it. They will come to you, and when you see their conduct and their actions, you will be consoled regarding the disaster I have brought upon Jerusalem—every disaster I have brought upon it. You will be consoled when you see their conduct and their actions, for you will know that I have done nothing in it without cause, declares the Sovereign LORD.” - Ezekiel 14:22-23, NIV

For sure God caused some major terrifying disasters happen to the Hebrew people. Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel are some of the hardest books to read in the Bible, emotionally speaking. But through all the chaos, God tells Ezekiel that he will be consoled when he sees the actions of the remaining survivors. In the spiritual sense, we too can take comfort in knowing that when all is said and done, when we have overcome the trials and tribulations that we are being thrown into, and we look in the mirror and see the person we've become (in comparison with who we were) we will know that God loves us and all He does is for our best interests. We will know that He doesn't forsake us, and that He's with us always, even when we don't feel His Presence.

I pray this helps you.

Daywalker   8)

Grace

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 02:26:36 PM »

I have found a lot of encouragement in your posts in what has been some of the worst experiences of my life.
I feel cursed and forsaken.

Hi Daddysgirl,

Hopefully, my previous post did not minimize what you are saying here.  I hope I didn't do that because it's not my intent and I can also empathize with you.  I have felt many times lately that the same thing was going on with my relationship with the Father.  It seems as though nothing came in dribbles but in buckets of rain pouring on my head.  I just want to encourage you not to give up.  Let God do the work for you and just endure the work being done. I pray you will find peace in the midst of your trials.

In the spiritual sense, we too can take comfort in knowing that when all is said and done, when we have overcome the trials and tribulations that we are being thrown into, and we look in the mirror and see the person we've become (in comparison with who we were) we will know that God loves us and all He does is for our best interests. We will know that He doesn't forsake us, and that He's with us always, even when we don't feel His Presence.

This is truly something to hold on to.  It's what happens when all is "said and done".  Hopefully, you have found some encouragement along the way to help you endure whatever trials you are going through.

Grace

Kat

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 04:34:55 PM »

Hi Mattie,

Yes life can throw some really hard knocks. I pray that God will strenghten you so you can be strong in your trials.

Grace I think you made a very good point about how a positive attitude can make a difference. Here is a section from the article "Praying By God's Rules' that may be what you were referring to.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm ----------

SO WHAT SHOULD WE PRAY FOR?

Anything you desire that accords with God’s will, and accords with "what must be." God had met my physical needs of food, clothing, shelter, and transportation. What I pray about are qualities godliness—love, faith, courage, knowledge & understanding, wisdom, patience, self-control, thankfulness. I am a firm believer that if we think about the right things; we will then pray about the right things. I pray all day about everything and anything that is strongly on my mind. Why shouldn’t we, seeing that God is our Father and Jesus is our Saviour and Elder Brother. God wants to hear from us. Talk to your God. Anything important enough for you to think about or be concerned about is worthy of talking with God about.

Periodically I thank God for everything I have—I mean everything. Including the many things that most people take for granted. You have heard of counting sheep to fall asleep? Well I fall asleep many nights thanking God for all of my blessings. I start where I am—on my comfortable mattress and pillow, next to my wife, in an air-conditioned room.

You heard me right, I start by tanking God for my pillow and my comfortable bed. How many people in the history of the world have ever had a bed as comfortable as mine? Not even one percent. I thank God for my wife lying next to me. I thank God for my children. I thank God for our great little feline companions. I thank God for air conditioning in the summer and central heating in the winter. I thank God for our home, my office, our large living room for Bible Studies, our television that enables me to see the major news events of the world instantly, and documentaries (I watch a fair amount of the Science Channel, National Geographic, the History Channel, etc.).

I thank God especially for our refrigerator. Do you have any idea how much kings and queens of the past would have given for a refrigerator? And add to that, a plethora of fresh fruits, vegetables, juices, and ice cold water. I never take my refrigerator or all that is in it, for granted. I thank God for indoor plumbing. Most of the world does not have indoor plumbing or even good drinking water. How many in the world drink warm, muddy water? How blessed we are.

I thank God for all of my friends, and all those coming to our Conferences, and for all who read bible-truths.com and participate in our Discussion Forum. I thank God for the Truths that He has given me to share with all these people. I thank God for the miracles of electronic email (which takes up a great deal of my life).

I thank God that I don’t need to live in a war zone, for the protection of our civil authorities, and for emergency services.

I thank God for being such a great and loving God and for giving us the secrets of His plan and purpose, His kingdom, and our eternal destiny with Him. I thank God for His Word. I even thank God for our tribulations and ask only that He gives us the strength to endure and the spiritual understanding to see the purpose and value in all God does. There is so much to be thankful for, and God wants us to be thankful. Notice how little it took for Paul to be content with God’s dealing with him: "And having food and raiment let us be therewith content" (I Tim. 6:08).

Anyway, I often pray myself to sleep just giving God thanks for my many blessings. Here is one of my favorite Scriptures, and it just happens to be on proper prayer and meditation:

"Be rejoicing in the Lord always! Again, I will declare, be rejoicing! Let your lenience be known to all men: The Lord is near. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING, but in everything, by prayer and petition, WITH THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus.

For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is grave, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is agreeable, whatever is renowned—if there be any virtue, and if any applause, be taking these into account. What you learned also, and accepted and hear and perceived in me, these be putting into practice, and the God of peace will be with you" (Phil. 4-9, Concordant Literal N.T.).

Ah, yes, "the God of peace will be with you." What more do we want? Really: what more do we want? I can swap war stories regarding my past life with the best of you, but to now know that "the God of peace will be with you" is the thing that makes it all worth it. Don’t hesitate to thank God for your trials and tribulations and persecutions—they are qualifying you for the incorruptible and immortal Kingdom of God. Answered prayer is a major proof that God exists and that God loves. Obey God’s rules governing prayer, and you too will begin to experience God’s intervention into your life. And finally, the second shortest verse in the Bible:

"Pray without ceasing" (I Thes. 5:17)!
------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:07:58 PM by Kat »

Grace

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 04:44:03 PM »

That's the one Kat!  Thank you so much!  I don't know how you do it but you do!

Grace

Joel

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 11:20:44 PM »

Hi Matty :)
I'm not much of a talker either.
We as human beings are similar to a candle or a lamp, we all need trimming so we can burn brighter and produce more light. During the trimming process we aren't giving off any light. Hope and pray you can see the similarities.

Psalms 18:27-28
For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.
For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enligthen my darkness.

Rest assured, you can take that to the bank!

Joel

jingle52

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 08:24:47 AM »

Matty, I hope and pray that you have found comfort in all the responses as I have had. I'm also going through a bad time and will trust in the Lord's Will.
Blessings.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.