bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: God where are you?  (Read 10984 times)

One Love

Re: God where are you?
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2011, 09:45:54 AM »

Sorry Daddysgirl for my last post, it just made me realise that I've taken something from you by speaking out my shame, but you're still in my prayers.

This is for us:

Thank God for my shoes - they fit only me.

I woke up one day and I realised that there were many things about my life I was not satisfied with or better still, there were challenges that were threatening my soul.
And I said to myself, "Why should anyone envy me and want to be in my shoes." They don't know how far I've come, they don't know what lies ahead of me, and neither do they know how dissatisfied I get with myself from time to time.

People don't know the troubles that you've had or the price you had to pay to get to where you are. All they want to know is that they wish they were like you.

Why should you wish you were in anybody's shoes when you hardly know how they fit?

When you've worn your shoes for a while, they take the shape of your feet and align to the way you walk. If you were to wear my shoes, you will not be comfortable in them.

So I stopped wishing that I am in someone else shoes because it might not fit; rather I thank God for my shoes, because they fit!

I have learned to be the best in what I do, and I know no-one can replace me anywhere & in any sphere. I am an original; God is not in the cloning business, He makes originals.

Make the best of what you do; besides you have this beautiful life to live ONLY ONCE.
Live it to the fullest.

One Love

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2011, 10:02:30 AM »

Another one! I promise that this will be the last one from me for this topic. This is part of a poem from Ilana Vanzant, born in Brooklyn New York.

Yesterday, I cried.
I cried because I hurt. I cried because I was hurting.
I cried because hurt has no place to go
except deeper into the pain that caused it in the first place,
and when it gets there, the hurt wakes you up.
I cried because it was too late.
I cried because it was time.
I cried because my soul knew that I didn't know
that my soul knew everything that I needed to know.
I cried a soulful cry yesterday, and it felt so good.
It felt so very, very bad.
In the midst of my crying,
I felt my freedom coming,
Because...

Yesterday, I cried
with an agenda.

tau

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »

Hi Daddysgirl, Gordon and all

At times the hurricanes of life seem to go on without seizing, at times the great pains of life seem to take pleasure in torturing you, you go to sleep and hope tomorrow is a better day, but Lo, and behold, comes tomorrow, more lemons get thrown your way, you experience pains, headaches and discover what it really means to hurt without end, you pray till you fall asleep, only to wake up and continue till you can't make out the words that come out of your mouth\mind\heart - you pray without seizing. Just whe you think it surely can't get any worse, well, guess what, it does!! everyone whom you helped and felt their pain during their time on need is NEVER there for you, no one returns calls, (amaizing how sometimes people you helped at some point in their life, turn to quickly forget when its your turn at the wheel - asking for help ! - but you bless them anyway, and soldier on, carrying your yoke with Christ), how soon some people turn to forget!! it amazes me!!  ;D people lose their common curtesy, oneday you wake up and it really HITS you, straight on your face, you REALLY are alone (not that there are no people,) but you really are alone - except for your faith and believe in God, many people do bail out, but no not you, you hang on even convince yourself that you are okay and then sometimes, just sometimes, you have this feeling that it really is not so bad (you tell yourself) - the fact that you are still here means there is hope, the fact that you continue breathing means there is hope. Expriences like these humbles and really changes your perspective in life, if you can lose all you have and still manage a smile and keep your head when all are losing theirs, then Paul really was speaking to you when he said; 1. Tim 6:

6. But godliness with contentment is great gain. 
7. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10.  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through   with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

I will pray for you...

Tau

One Love

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »

Thanks Tau,
You inspire me, it's not about money & things & handouts, it's just about the inspiring words that come out from this circle of friends, thank you & all that will extend you're prayers for all of us that's hurting right now.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 07:14:40 PM »

Waves In An Ocean
From Tuesdays With Morrie By Mitch Albom

A little wave was bobbing along in the ocean, having a grand old time. He's enjoying the wind and the fresh air—until he notices the other waves in front of him, crashing against the shore.

"My God, this is terrible," the wave says. "Look what's going to happen to me!"

Then along comes another wave. It sees the first wave, looking grim, and it says to him, "Why do you look so sad?"

The first wave says, "You don't understand! We're all going to crash! All of us waves are going to be nothing! Isn't this terrible?"

The second wave says, "No, YOU don't understand. You're not a wave, you're part of the ocean."

Roy Coates

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »

Daddysgirl, Christ is already working within you as He has inspired you to dry out for Him through prayer requests here. "be still and know that I am God" peace my friend
Roy

Daddysgirl

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »

Hello again BT family

I have read each and every one of your notes/comments over and over and over again. I shed a tear a few times too because I feel undeservingly blessed to have so many people that I haven't even physically met show such genuine concern and pray for me. THANK YOU all so very much.

I've had many of you in my prayers too, often.. (I say this with hesitation because what is done by the right hand, the left shouldn't know) May God carry you through the hardships of life and give you "glimmers of hope" as He sees fit.

P.S Gordon, your comments are really humbling.

Matty

HopeinChrist480

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »

Hello everyone

I have not posted in many months but never stopped reading. I have found a lot of encouragement in your posts in what has been some of the worst experiences of my life.

I am almost at the point of throwing in the towel. I have tried so hard to tell myself that God has a purpose and I that I must endure the fire. I am not strong at all. I feel cursed and forsaken.

I am pleading with you all to please pray for me.

I have prayed for you. May God choose to bless you. Don't throw in the towel. God hasn't given up on you, it's satan who wants you to give up. I'm not sure if you believe in the doctrine of never-ending torture or not but if you do then please have nothing to do with it because it's heresy, or untruth. God will reconcile all of mankind and this lines up with His Character. The greatest of His characteristics is love. Please stand strong in the faith and realize that all is possible with God. With God there can be no such thing as a hopeless situation. I and the other universal reconciliationists are in the minority, not the majority. Take comfort in the fact that I feel your pain and understand what it's like to be in the midst of troubles, among never-ending torturetees. Just because the majority believes it, doesn't make it true. Remember Jesus' words in Matthew 7 (Concordant Literal).

Matthew 7:1-29 (Concordant Literal)

1 "Do not judge, lest you may be judged,
2 for with what judgment you are judging, shall you be judged, and with what measure you are measuring, shall it be measured to you.
3 "Now why are you observing the mote that is in your brother's eye, yet the beam in your eye you are not considering?
4 Or how will you be declaring to your brother, 'Brother, let me extract the mote out of your eye,' and lo! the beam is in your eye?
5 Hypocrite! Extract first the beam out of your eye, and then you will be keen-sighted to be extracting the mote out of your brother's eye.
6 "You may not be giving that which is holy to curs, nor yet should you be casting your pearls in front of hogs, lest at some time they shall be trampling them with their feet and, turning, they should be tearing you.
7 "Request and it shall be given you. Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you.
8 For everyone who is requesting is obtaining, and who is seeking is finding, and to him who is knocking it shall be opened.
9 "Or what man is there among you, from whom his son will be requesting bread-no stone will he be handing him!
10 Or he will be requesting a fish also-no serpent will he be handing him!
11 "If you, then, being wicked, have perceived how to be giving good gifts to your children, how much rather shall your Father Who is in the heavens be giving good things to those requesting Him?
12 All, then, whatever you should be wanting that men should be doing to you, thus you, also, be doing to them, for this is the law and the prophets.
13 "Enter through the cramped gate, for broad is the gate and spacious is the way which is leading away into destruction, and many are those entering through it.
14 Yet what a cramped gate and narrowed way is the one leading away into life, and few are those who are finding it.
15 "Take heed of those false prophets who are coming to you in the apparel of sheep, yet inside they are rapacious wolves.
16 "From their fruits you shall be recognizing them. Not from thorns are they culling grapes, nor from star thistles figs.
17 Thus every good tree ideal fruit is producing, yet the rotten tree noxious fruit is producing.
18 A good tree can not bear noxious fruit, neither is a rotten tree producing ideal fruit.
19 Every tree not producing ideal fruit is hewn down and cast into the fire.
20 Consequently, from their fruits you shall surely be recognizing them.
21 "Not everyone saying to Me 'Lord! Lord!' will be entering into the kingdom of the heavens, but he who is doing the will of My Father Who is in the heavens.
22 Many will be declaring to Me in that day, 'Lord! Lord! Was it not in Your name that we prophesy, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name do many powerful deeds?'
23 And then shall I be avowing to them that 'I never knew you! Depart from Me, workers of lawlessness!'
24 "Everyone, then, who is hearing these sayings of Mine and is doing them shall be likened to a prudent man who builds his house on the rock.
25 And the rain descended, and the rivers came, and the winds blow and they lunge at that house, and it does not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.
26 "And everyone who is hearing these sayings of Mine and not doing them shall be likened to a stupid man who builds his house on sand.
27 And the rain descended, and the rivers came, and the winds blow and they dash against that house, and it falls: and the fall of it was great."
28 And it came, when Jesus finishes these sayings, that the throngs were astonished at His teaching,
29 for He was teaching them as One having authority, and not as their scribes.

:D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:58:31 PM by HopeinChrist480 »

One Love

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »

Jeremiah 15:5 "Who will have pity on you, O Jerusalem? Who will mourn for you? Who will stop to ask how you are?

Psalm 69:20 Scorn has broken my heart and has left me helpless; I looked for sympathy, but there was none, for comforters, but I found none.

Isaiah 51:19 These double calamities have come upon you--who can comfort you?--ruin and destruction, famine and sword--who can console you?

1 Corinthians 9:22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.

Romans 15:1 We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Galatians 5:14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Matthew 7:12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.