bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: About dying  (Read 13613 times)

dave

About dying
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:00:52 PM »

I was just sitting here considering when we come to that place in our time that death/expiring is the next step of our journey, does the thought of dying bring saddness for having to leave all our family, friends, things weve done, things we still wanted to do, not being able to do the one last thing?  Is that what we will be thinking?

Or is it not knowing and maybe fear of what is going to happen when that last breath of living is exhaled?

For me I believe it will be the saddness of having to leave all family, friends, things Ive done, things I still wanted to do, not being able to do the one last thing. For me death has to be the end, the stop, loss of all memory, done, finished,over, but in the midst of that saddendess of having to leave people and things I loved and cared about when I was breathing, the Grace of Father comforts me knowing that Jesus loved me, found me, drew me, and that what is in store is being in the ALL IN ALL.

GaryK

Re: About dying
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »

Not sure about all that Micah but I can assure you from experience that when someone is lying on their deathbed in severe pain...even though they've been pumped full of morphine to the brim...they're thinking along the lines of pain release, and I've heard that cry of pain.  It's agonizing even to those who hear it.  Thoughts of leaving and/or missing anything else is secondary. 

Sorry, morbid but true.

gk

dave

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:42:37 PM »

Not sure about all that Micah but I can assure you from experience that when someone is lying on their deathbed in severe pain...even though they've been pumped full of morphine to the brim...they're thinking along the lines of pain release, and I've heard that cry of pain.  It's agonizing even to those who hear it.  Thoughts of leaving and/or missing anything else is secondary. 

Sorry, morbid but true.

gk

Im sure that is true in many cases and it is not morbid, but real. But there are many that do not have that trauma possibly, and before the pain I would think the thoughts along the lines I described were thought about? No?

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »

It's always futile to play the 'this is what I would do' game. We just never know what we'll do in any given situation, especially in an intense moment. We can only hope:

Rom 8:24-25  We were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »

1Co 15:19  If we have set our hopes on Christ in this life only, we deserve more pity than any other people.
1Co 15:20  But at this moment Christ stands risen from the dead......

Notice beyond the dark veil of death, The Resurrection of all life, where death has no hold and the veil torn from above to below, has opened the Holy Place where stands unity in the Presence of God.

Joh 3:19  And this is the basis for judgment: The Light has come into the world

GaryK

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 05:29:13 PM »

Sorry, morbid but true.

gk

Im sure that is true in many cases and it is not morbid, but real. But there are many that do not have that trauma possibly, and before the pain I would think the thoughts along the lines I described were thought about? No?

No man knows anothers mind and heart Micah, only God.  But you know that already.  I'm certain there are those who have, are and will be given the opportunity to think as you've described.   

For me, I want none of it as I've grown tired of regrets and thoughts of 'do-overs'.   Make it quick.   Ray said somewhere (I think I remember it somewhere in a paper of his) that we spend a lifetime trying to figure out how to get out of this life.

And he's right.

gk

JohnMichael

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 05:51:29 PM »

Speaking in general, I've started leaning more towards not thinking about "What I'm going to do" in the future - be it tomorrow, the next hour, or 10+ years from now. When it comes to death, it will be as He decides. I can only hope that He would allow it to be quick and painless. Death itself doesn't scare me as the Scriptures call it sleep. The act of dying, however, and all the pain that can go with it, does give me pause. It seems like personal arrogance to think about what I am going to do. If our footsteps are ordered by Him, then it isn't up to me. I can only hope that when that time comes, He will show mercy.

Those are just my thoughts of late. I don't know if that contributes to the overall conversation.

Blessings,
John

dave

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:38:31 PM »

Thanks for all the replys. It was just something I had fallen into thought about. I am in agreement with all of you. thanks again.

Kat

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 07:12:43 PM »

Hi Miah7:9,

Well for the world that have no real knowledge of the truth I would think death is very frightening. They're ideas are too much fairy tale sounding and it just can not really give confidence of what happens and that's why they have so much fear, IMO.

But we do know the truth and we should know that when we close our eyes for the last time in this world, it should be with a smile on our face!! Why? Because we know what happens next, our next moment of conscientiousness (twinkle of an eye) will be in the presents of Jesus Christ!! God will take care of what is yet to happen in this world and that should give believers great comfort, and whatever we were concerned with in this life family, friends, things we were in the process of doing will become insignificant in the realization of what is happening at that point. The trials and tribulations of this life will be coming to an end and for the few we should have high hopes of the first resurrection. We should keep our minds on the hope that lies within us, so we can say like Paul did,

2Tim 4:7  I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 07:17:36 PM by Kat »

dave

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 07:38:55 PM »

That Kat is how I thought my reply went. As for the pain, Ive felt pain, Ive had pain, but when I did I did not have the knowledge and faith in Jesus. Im not saying pain is not felt, but I believe now, as I know the Lord and He knows me, my desire is to keep my eye on Him and if there is pain, I should trust in Him , and He will make the pain as painfull as He sees fit. Its all about Jesus :)

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »

Death isn't "the end"; it's only a "pause". That's all that really matters.  :D  8)

Daywalker

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 07:46:05 PM »

Kat,

That was inspiring and moving.

I thought of the following verse that inspires me. It's one of my favorite
verses in the Bible.  

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,  
 Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen

The above verse doesn't always get associated with death, but I think it applies.   After all, when are we going to be presented before the presence of His glory?  I'm assuming at the time of death, right?  

Exceeding joy, Sounds good.  I'm in.

Aktikt
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

olasupo jacobs

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »

can any one get this topic " an encouraging word about death" Ray treated it some years ago thanks-olasupo

Kat

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 08:06:35 PM »

Here is a link to the article you ask for Olasupo.

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

Kat

longhorn

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »

I think I can handle the dying part as long as I don't go like Elvis, you know, while I'm making a doodie cake.

Longhorn

Foxx

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »

As John From Kentucky quoted "Don't worry about anything"  

As a teacher of martial arts I have studied and thought a lot about the concept of dying and what if I'm in a situation where I just might not make it out THIS time. I wonder about why is it that I wanted to learn the things I have. Initially it was for myself but as I have gone on over the years I have found that the desire to protect those around me is far more important. So when I train, I train with that in mind, that if I were to fail while defending someone not only would it mean my defeat/death but the potential death of the person I am protecting. Martial artists don't think about things in this way nowadays, they don't look at themselves as a "warrior" would, they treat training like a game or hobby.

But I digress, the point of my explaining all of this is, to put it simply, the more I have thought about it, worrying over death is a pointless endeavor. The fact is I am going to die, so as bushido teaches, one should live their life as though they were going to die, as if today were to be your last. This way you will have no regrets. Most people do not live life this way, they think they have all the time in the world to make up their mind, achieve their dreams, etc.

Matthew 6:34 Be not therefore anxious for the morrow, for the morrow shall be anxious for its own things; sufficient for the day is the evil of it.

So all of the time I have spent contemplating and wondering about death brings me back to what the scriptures say, do not worry about it things such as this.  Honor God, do your best at everything, do what you can for others, and go to the very end for whatever cause you are defending and you will live a good a life and when it is time to die, as I said, you will have no regrets.

God bless

Vangie

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »

Like.. like.. like.. thanks Foxx!

JohnMichael

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »

"Don't worry about anything..."  Phl. 4:6

Before we were born, the Father already had decided the time of our death, how we will die, if we would be in the 1st Resurrection or not, and all other aspects of our life.

It is totally worthless and a waste of time to think or worry about something we have no control over.

"Life is like surfing a big wave.  Hang on and enjoy the ride."  John from Kentucky 1:1

Very, very true. I hope He will bring me to that point where I truly do not worry about anything, for I can rest in the knowledge that I am in His hands. I can see progress being made toward that, and it's a little more each day.

When I was 21, I was diagnosed with HIV, so I've been very aware of my death for quite some time. It squashed the "invincibility of youth." By the Grace and Mercy of God, I am still for all intents and purposes healthy, but none of us are promised tomorrow. My hope is that my life will be pleasing to Him - that's becoming my main perspective more and more.

Blessings,
John

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »

I've been close to death on several occasions, one time in particular in the hospital at night when no one else was around, I felt at that time if I went to sleep that night, I would die. So I did ever thing I could do to stay awake.
God chose to deliver me on each occasion, and every time has been a learning experience for me, as draining as that has been.

Dieing to ones self, speaking for myself and no one else, is just as much of a challenge to me as being near physical die.

Joel

dave

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2011, 11:55:06 PM »

Why as believers in Jesus Christ do we as men/women fight so hard to stay alive in this world when we know that being with Him is so much better? Im not trying to be offensive, I was told 6 mos ago I had prostate cancer, ( I know Ray has the same problem) I went through weeks of radiololgy, I have not been told anything.... I wont know if it was good or not good. My point is I may be nearer than I thought, to dying.  Thats why I ask about things like spiritual death(which is not taught in the Word) and death comes from dying yes?  We dont get anywhere or further from this life without dying and dying is only the last step is it not?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:17:28 AM by micah7:9 »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.