bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: About dying  (Read 13618 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: About dying
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 06:05:32 AM »

It is inevitable, inescapable that Jesus is Risen in His Kingdom that is in us.

Jesus is risen for the world He Saves without partiality or condemnation. ~ :)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 10:03:17 AM »

What is really sad is to stop and consider how we would of reacted to the same question before we believe what we believe now to be the truth of these things.  Before I believed that I was 'saved' there was always the fear of going to hell and torment.  After I thought I was 'saved' it was always the fight of 'well, I know that nothing can remove me from the love of Christ...except me!  If I don't perform, don't repent right or anything else I can still be lost.'  In other words I believe that nothing could take me away from Christ but I still thought that I too, was a god and that I could prevent God from doing what he wished in my life because what if my 'free will' got in the way?  And then too there was the mental torment about having to get people saved and what about my parents and all those that I know of who died and were not saved?  Ah...torments indeed!!  For me now, I see death as sleep and when the time comes physical death will be welcome..  I don't want to go before my time of course and I am convinced that unless Christ comes first that I too, will die a physical death and I trust that God will be with me during that time as he has been for the rest of my life.  I try not to take for granted the peace that I now have over all of these things because it wasn't too long ago that there was anything but real peace in these issues.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 12:42:28 PM »

I also am at peace about my death and realize what a blessing it is to know the truths that we have come to understand regarding the death state.  However, it does not prevent me from the grief and sadness that comes from the loss of a love one.  This is a pain that even knowledge does not take away.  It is a necessary experience in this life.  But even with that being said,  I am convinced that my grief is less severe because I know the hope that lies ahead. :)

1Thes.4:13 - But, we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.

René

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »

Php 1:20  According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Php 1:21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Php 1:22  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
Php 1:23  For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
Php 1:24  Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Php 1:25  And having this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all for your furtherance and joy of faith;
Php 1:26  That your rejoicing may be more abundant in Jesus Christ for me by my coming to you again.

That's a good place to be. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »

The link was great Kat....Ray always seems to say it best! :D

I just got over a week of bed-rest!  ugh..acute pharygitis and cellulitis (two separate entities)...during the fever, chills, achy phase I never once had a holy thought!  I just wanted to be over it and back to normal.  Now my sickness was pretty puny compared to the awful pains out there w/ cancer, accidents, wars etc....

so, yes, I would want to leave this world pretty quickly and painlessly.  but whilst in pain I don't think I am gonna be pious.

Ray said that heaven was a higher spiritual experience, not a geographical place. (sorry can't remember where he said that, but he did!) So when we do wake up for the resurrection I don't think it will be...oh, yeah, there's Jesus, oh and look over there is Susi etc etc- that is too earthly--I don't think we can imagine it now...even w/ scripture trying to help us.....

this is WAY beyond our understanding....

Death is an enemy that Jesus is victorious over...thats a comfort to me

(sorry for rambling, I am so excited to feel better and actually be on the forum)

Ireland

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 09:26:23 PM »

Hi Micah, honest and fair question. I've read many opinions in this thread and we all are in different seasons. If I was going through what you are I would be thinking alot about it too. Several have given good answers but the truth is you are thinking about it and that is normal. I went through about 10 years of not fearing death at all, mainly because of the truth I was learning. I must say though, now that I am in my mid 40's and see alot of pain and death around it has caused me to think about it from time to time. We do have alot of comfort in what we believe, but we also have the flesh and are prone to seasons of highs and lows. These are things that will all contend with and may we all be at peace when the time comes. Personally I have always hoped God would take me during a good night's sleep when I was old and tired. Oh well, we all have certain desires.

dave

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »

Here is a link to the article you ask for Olasupo.

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

Kat

Very good paper!

dave

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 09:37:49 PM »

Hi Micah, honest and fair question. I've read many opinions in this thread and we all are in different seasons. If I was going through what you are I would be thinking alot about it too. Several have given good answers but the truth is you are thinking about it and that is normal. I went through about 10 years of not fearing death at all, mainly because of the truth I was learning. I must say though, now that I am in my mid 40's and see alot of pain and death around it has caused me to think about it from time to time. We do have alot of comfort in what we believe, but we also have the flesh and are prone to seasons of highs and lows. These are things that will all contend with and may we all be at peace when the time comes. Personally I have always hoped God would take me during a good night's sleep when I was old and tired. Oh well, we all have certain desires.

Thanks. " Personally I have always hoped God would take me during a good night's sleep ..." This would be nice, would not matter if I was 2 months or 92 yrs old. I wish it could be requested.

JohnMichael

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 01:15:17 AM »

What is really sad is to stop and consider how we would of reacted to the same question before we believe what we believe now to be the truth of these things.  Before I believed that I was 'saved' there was always the fear of going to hell and torment.  After I thought I was 'saved' it was always the fight of 'well, I know that nothing can remove me from the love of Christ...except me!  If I don't perform, don't repent right or anything else I can still be lost.'  In other words I believe that nothing could take me away from Christ but I still thought that I too, was a god and that I could prevent God from doing what he wished in my life because what if my 'free will' got in the way?  And then too there was the mental torment about having to get people saved and what about my parents and all those that I know of who died and were not saved?  Ah...torments indeed!!  For me now, I see death as sleep and when the time comes physical death will be welcome..  I don't want to go before my time of course and I am convinced that unless Christ comes first that I too, will die a physical death and I trust that God will be with me during that time as he has been for the rest of my life.  I try not to take for granted the peace that I now have over all of these things because it wasn't too long ago that there was anything but real peace in these issues.

Isn't NOT having free will such a tremendous blessing? When God brought me to the place where I was no longer trying to "buy" my way into His good graces or thinking that it all rested on ME... it was as if the weight of the world fell off my shoulders. There was such a peace that replaced the stress, anxiety, anguish, etc. Thank God for no free will! :)

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, but I just wanted to comment on that as it pertains to death.

Blessings,
John

GaryK

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2011, 11:37:31 AM »

Sometimes the death of this body puts me in a reflective mood, might even jerk a misty eye from time to time, but mostly not anymore. And I’ve thought long and very hard about the matter.  I’ve seen enough brutality and pain, mis-timed absences and departures, missing particulars and participants in this world to know I’m sick of it all, plan or no plan.  If it weren’t for having come to the knowledge (thanks Ray) that God has a purpose for every event I’d probably call God out on it to make the suffering end, an arm wrestling contest or something, winner take all.  Come to think of it, I probably already have, many many times (that’s our usual morning-time front porch coffee chat), but you-all know that boring routine already.  He’s forever the quiet type though (likes to hide behind a bush  ;)).  Maybe he keeps me around to laugh at me for all the fist shaking toward him.  

But through a hard...long....mind-bending struggle... I’ve learned one good thing…..if I’m breathing then I have a purpose and nary bit of control on the matter.  The value of our life, right down to the last breath and last movement, is rightly justified in his eyes.  And I'm good with that.......finally.   And this I’ve learned too: ‘you do not know what tomorrow will bring’.  And this: ‘what is your life but a mist that appears for a little while’.  

He gives, he takes away.  That’s just the way it is.

John said it right, ‘we have no control in the matter’.  That’s comforting, really, when you get it down to the nitty-gritty and after some long hard struggles in the mind of man.   He works his way in whatever we do and now we know we do it for his will and purpose.  Benefit package to follow.  

And when it’s done, it’s done.  And then we’ll lay our eyes on him.  I look forward to that.  

(of course, he’s got some ‘splainin’ to do, but whatever   ???  ;D )

gk
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:42:01 AM by gk »

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

Hi Micah:  I too confess that I've wandered down this road; my greatest concern was the grief that family and others might feel (if they liked me); my children and their future and not be around for them in times of need etc. etc.  but God's word has consoled me that when I'm dead I can't worry anyway about what's going on with the living.  He will take of that in His plan.

Good post and responses.

gmik

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »

Micah....I hope that you are feeling better and get healed/cured of the cancer.  God Bless you during this time.

daywalker

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011, 06:08:48 PM »

1Thes.4:13 - But, we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope.

René

That's a fantastic scripture, Rene. Thanks!

Duane

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »

My hope and desire is to be included in "the few" at Christ's return.  Though being clothed in white isn't my most flattering color, riding in with the saints on a horse will be pretty cool.  Now being a part of judging the world, that sounds like sumpthin' that's right "up my alley" as I TEND to be opinionated! LOL
If I have to bear emotional pain on this earth as part of the purification process, then ok.  As far as physical pain at death, if that's part of the purification process--I deserve that, too!  God PROMISED that He will NOT give us "any more than we can bear" so I trust He will do  to me WHATEVER it takes to purify me.  Dat's dat!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.