bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life's simple pleasures.  (Read 5698 times)

GaryK

Life's simple pleasures.
« on: May 13, 2011, 07:44:26 PM »

We've all seen it.

For the last two, maybe three weeks I've watched a momma bird feed her newborn babies in the nest.   I really don't know what kind of bird it is, doesn't matter.   But it's really amazing in so many ways, both seen, and what it does to a man's heart.   That momma works hard and flies fast all day long, many many times a day, scouring the grounds in all directions to find the worms and bugs to feed her babies and then swoops back in to the nest.  Those babies have their heads stuck up and necks strained to be fed, all of them screaming for their share.  I'm not even sure their eyes are opening as yet, but they KNOW when momma has arrived......even before she sets her feet on the edge of the nest.  Momma feeds them one at a time for each time she arrives....and then off she goes for another round of finding feed.   No complaining, that's her job.   Those babies will be fed.

Loyalty, perserverance, dedication, caring, love, determination and one track mind-set.   There is no 'team' effort, she doesn't need a conference or a huddle or a 'go-team' cheer.  Momma can handle and master what needs to be done.  For now, that's her purpose, nothing else matters.   And just try to get near and peek in on those babies and you can FEEL the heat-seeking radar hit the back of your head.  She may be working, but she's around and has her eyes on those babies and the bulls-eye is on who-ever may be getting too close to that nest.

Amazing really.

God has his purpose........right down to the teeny bug.

One of life's simple pleasures and meditative moments.  And for a crusty-butt like me, some things still bring a smile and a tug at the heart.

Call me a softy.

gk

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Life's simple pleasures.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:12:14 AM »

Reminds me of;

Mat 10:29-31  Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.   But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »

Call me a softy.

Hey "softy", thanks for sharing this beautiful, simple act of nature.  Your description was so clear, I felt like I had witnessed this nurturing event along with you. :)

René

JohnMichael

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 01:06:43 AM »

Call me a softy.

Hey "softy",
René

LOL. You beat me to it, Rene.

Ya big ol' softy! :) I couldn't resist. I can't throw stones - you don't want to see me when one of those "abused animal" commercials comes on. Hormonal pregnant women have nothing on me. LOL (No offense intended, ladies ;D )

The little things in life can bring such joy, and it's sad that for a lot of people, it takes a tragedy to get them to see that.

lostANDfound

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »

GARY!!!???  IS THAT YOU???   :)    i'll be smiling for awhile after reading this. 

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:52:31 PM »

I picked up a turtle in the middle of the road and put him in a ditch on the other side with water in it.  He pee'd on me, but I felt better all day long.

Longhorn

GaryK

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »

GARY!!!???  IS THAT YOU???   :)    i'll be smiling for awhile after reading this. 

Yea, it's me.   This cold or flu or whatever I have has got me in touch with my emotional database and thrown logic to the wind......not to mention being full of night-time nyquil and daytime nyquil enough so that I could float a tanker.  Or full of something anyway.   ;D   All in all there probably weren't any birds to speak of, just D.E.V.>>>>>>>>>>(drug enhanced visuals).   8)   I would verify such with my horses but I'm pretty sure their lawyer has informed them not to speak to me since their feed hasn't been exactly on a timely schedule of late.     I'll get back to my usual self soon enough.

gk

lostANDfound

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »

back to your usual self soon?  i guess we'll just enjoy your unusual self while it lasts.  feel better gary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.