bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A little scared  (Read 6833 times)

JohnMichael

A little scared
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:24:13 PM »

Hey All,

I had an accident happen last night (from my perspective) with my medication. In 5 years of taking this antiviral medicine, I've never taken two in one night. My prescription says to take one, once a day. Last night, I made a mistake and took two. This medicine is quite potent, and I know there are no accidents, so I'm a little scared at what this could potentially do.

As He allows, I'm keeping trust and faith in Him. The possibilities are not pleasant though. (1) The elevated levels of medication could cause the virus to mutate when the levels drop back down to normal - thus rendering the medicine ineffective. (2) It can also cause the heart or kidneys to become weakened. My chest area around the heart has been feeling "strange" lately even before this happened, so I'm a little concerned.

I know His will is always done, and this was no accident from His perspective. As the Spirit leads, please keep me in prayer.

Blessings,
John

gmik

Re: A little scared
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »

gosh thats an easy mistake....(u no what i mean)

will be praying for you

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »

I just wanted to add that my hope is this was just a test, and hopefully, as He gives me the ability, I'll be able to pass it.

One Love

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »

Hey JohnMichael (JM)
You shouldn't be "A little scared" because you're still here, do not think about it, not for a second:

(Romans 12:2) Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Take half asprin or disprin for the pain in your chest area, this helps me all the time or best to have it checked out by a GP.

You're in my prayer JM

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »

John;

It's going to be o.k.  One missed doseage or misapplied doseage (except for a huge overdose) won't change anything materially.  Just keep on keeping on and God will take care of the rest. 

Duane

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

I. too, take a ton of "serious" medications and have at times messed up in taking the doses.  YOU may have made a mistake but in GOD there are NO mistakes.  God is more powerful than the med's and can nullify their results at His will.  Those obscure verses in the Bible say that believer can even be bitten with vipers and not be effected, (though I doubt God advocates snake handing as a test of faith.)
Still God has the power over ALL and certainly will "care for you".

JohnMichael

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 08:15:29 PM »

I've been trying, as He gives me strength, to not think about it. My mind wants to play "what if" scenarios. The little weird bodily feelings aren't helping either. :) It's been my prayer today, "Help me not worry. Let me have peace that You are in control of all things." I'm more at peace now than I was this morning/last night.

What should have been a 600mg/200mg/300mg dose (three medications in one pill) became doubled (1200mg/400mg/600mg).

The worst scenario is the first one - the virus mutating. This is the virus that causes AIDS, after all. It's scary. I'm trying - God knows I'm trying - to not worry. I would be lying if I said I'm not scared. This virus is very scary to me - even 6 years later. I saw a lot of good that God used with it - humbling me, giving me a tender heart again, and other things. However, to know your death may be pumping through your veins every day is a tremendous burden to bear. They never tell kids about that aspect in health class - the emotional/mental burden that's there every day of your life. This is very hard for me.

It may seem silly to someone else, but it's not to me. This is something very real that I live with 24/7/365.

However, I'm praying for the strength/peace/fortitude to brush it off.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:29:11 PM by JohnMichael »

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »

JohnMichael,

I hear how frightening this is for you, both your condition and the fact the double dose that may exacerbate it. The med's, as I understand them, will eventually be rendered useless as the virus mutates. Doctors are already monitoring for this(I presume) When this happens your medicine regiment will be modified. Trust in the Lord, as I hear you already doing. God will sustain you. I am reminded of the statement in scripture " I believe Lord help with my un-belief" I forget the chapter and verse. I use this prayer quite often when I myself face uncertainty. Peace my brother

Roy

One Love

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »

JM, I couldn't stop thinking of you after I posted earlier, young man. Besides the unemployment issue I'm going thru right now, I had a string of operations from very young, 2 x heart attacks, nose, stomach, eye, gout, nearly every part of my body is scared or stitched.

Unemployment is something that will end but the pains don't go away, I understand what you're going thru, I cry like a little child with pains and side effects from the various prescription drugs I take.

I encourage you, Sir, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING, it helps me, I get angry with God on most days, but I humble myself, kneel before him, pray in my closet (mind or heart) asking him daily to forgive, heal, strength to handle my daily trials and I'm praying right now for you, asking him to relieve you of your pains, it's 2.10 am in South Africa right now and I'll continue praying before I go to bed.

May God grant you peace & restoration right now. AMEN.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:18:58 PM by Gordon »

Grace

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:55:16 AM »

JohnMichael,

You have been too quiet now for several hours.  How about just raising your hand or something to let us know you're ok, ok?  Do you have someone close to check in on you for at least tonight and tomorrow, a family member or a close friend?

Grace

aktikt

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 07:04:51 AM »

JohnMichael,

It is also possible that fear could be causing some of the things you mentioned.  I had sleep apnea awhile ago and started to get very
concerned for my life as at one point I could not get to sleep at all.  However, it turned out that I was so obsessing over my problem that
the fear was actually worse than my initial problem.  Fear can cause all sorts of weird symptoms.  I found myself not believing my problems were the
result of fear even though they were.  It can be a hard enemy to see.

I pray you find peace and be delivered out of your situation, God willing.

aktikt
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

JohnMichael

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 08:17:33 AM »

JohnMichael,

You have been too quiet now for several hours.  How about just raising your hand or something to let us know you're ok, ok?  Do you have someone close to check in on you for at least tonight and tomorrow, a family member or a close friend?

Grace

I'm OK. ;D

Thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. God answered them because today I'm not so fearful.

Mar 9:24  Immediately the father cried out, "I do believe, Lord: help my unbelief."

That was well timed.

Gordon, I know how you feel, and thank you.

Samson

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 11:14:33 AM »

My Young Brother,

As per Our Phone Conversations, there looms only a possibility that you might experience a mutation of the Cell structure or adverse affects to Your Kidneys or Heart. For each and everyone of us there is the definite reality that We will die, unless Christ Returns before Our physical death takes place. Not to sound morbid about the whole thing without considering Your emotional welfare.

This "Possibility" of Death as a result of Your affliction has loomed in Your mind for the last Six Years to some degree, intensified recently by Your Medication mishap. Don't get consumed by the " What If " syndrome as in "What If " I didn't make this mistake or " What If " I didn't Marry So & So or " What If " I wasn't Led to discover Bible-Truths.com. Well, You did "stumble" upon Bible-Truths, because God caused You to find it & Why, because God Chose the Foolish things of World, the Ignoble things, the Refuse of the World, in order to PUT THE WISE ONES TO SHAME, because the Wisdom of this World is a FOOLISH THING TO GOD.

Just a thought to consider for your encouragement & emotional Well Being, Brother Ray Smith according to the so called Medical "Experts" should have died many many Moons ago, yet He still lives, not just Physically, but He's still strong in the Force(Spiritual), because God didn't plan for Him to Die yet, but according to the Wisdom of Humans, He should be dead. So, if God plans for you to live, you will and You can take that to the Bank.

Read the following True example illustrating the "What If " Syndrome: As you already know, Pam came to visit Me at work sometime during the late Afternoon, eventually She left to return Home. She took Route 611 South & it was raining heavily, the visibility was poor. She was driving a little below the speed limit of 45 miles per hour, all of a sudden, a series of small boulders appeared on the road, She swerved around these two boulders missing them. The Moral of the Story: She could have been hit by an on coming Car when swerving or hit one of these boulders experiencing an accident with grave consequences to Herself & the Car, but didn't. The way She often Day dreams, it was amazing that She came out of that unscathed. So " What If," God didn't provide the type of cause that might have led to death.

My advice to You: Pray incessantly, keep studying, keep Fellowshipping, continue making your beneficial to All Posts and let God continue to work in you and We will all have to wait until Tomorrow and see.

Pam and I care about You ! To take a quote from Star Wars if I might. " The Force is strong in You, Our Bible-Truths Young Apprentice, A Powerful Jedi You will become, Gods Spirit(The Force) will do the work in you. Sorry John, that's what happens when I watch a Star Wars Movie. Go back in the past of Off Topic Threads for Favorite Star War Scenes and You will experience the Full power of the force,  ;).

Just another Bible-Truths Jedi Knight, Samson.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 06:31:51 PM by Samson »

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »

God answered them because today I'm not so fearful.

Hi John,

I'm happy to hear you are feeling and thinking better today.  Keep the faith and trust that the Lord is in control and He knows what He's doing. ;)

René

Grace

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 06:15:11 PM »

I'm OK.

Thank God!  Now is the first time I've had a chance to check the forums but, you have been on my mind all day JM.  I'm so glad you are ok and it's also good to know you are in phone contact with others here.  Thank you Father!

Grace

Joel

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 08:30:12 PM »

Hey JohnMichael
I pray you are doing better these days, was wondering if you had heard anything about "The Berlin Patient"?
Timothy Ray Brown, that lives out at the San Francisco Bay area. He is the first person that scientist claim has been cured of leukemia and HIV.
He received bone marrow stem cell transplant, from a person that is supposedly immune to HIV, they say about one percent of Caucasians are immune to the disease. ??? :)
Just heard about his case today.

Joel

JohnMichael

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »

Hey JohnMichael
I pray you are doing better these days, was wondering if you had heard anything about "The Berlin Patient"?
Timothy Ray Brown, that lives out at the San Francisco Bay area. He is the first person that scientist claim has been cured of leukemia and HIV.
He received bone marrow stem cell transplant, from a person that is supposedly immune to HIV, they say about one percent of Caucasians are immune to the disease. ??? :)
Just heard about his case today.

Joel

Hi Joel,

I am doing better these days - thanks to the mercy of God. Thank you (and everyone else) for your prayers. I won't know if anything happened until the next time I go for a blood draw.

I have heard of this patient, and it did give me reason to "dare to hope." Unfortunately, in his case, it was the bone marrow transplant that gave him the gene which causes a mutation in the CD4 cells. The cells no longer have the receptors that the HIV virus uses to attach. For a person who doesn't need a bone marrow transplant, the procedure is often fatal. It does give one hope though.

John

« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 10:10:40 PM by JohnMichael »

judith collier

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 01:11:02 AM »

John, I am late getting on this thread. I, too, have a  disease, of the blood, but I believe i will die when I'm supposed to, please remember to "cast down the imagination"  The imagination usually is wordly informed and does not help what-so-ever in sickness because it will only repeat the worse to you.  It was meant for good things to be found in creation and make things a bit more beautiful and helpful with the lives we lead.
I screw up all the time with pills. I always ask God to bless my food and screw- ups. I should have been dead yrs. ago according to some but I believe, 'I came to give you life and that abundantly" Believe it, eat it, swallow it like it says about the words of the book.
love, judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.