bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry, there is no heaven.  (Read 6149 times)

GaryK

Sorry, there is no heaven.
« on: May 16, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »

More from:

Physicist Stephen Hawking Says There Is No Heaven

"..the human brain is like a computer that will stop working when its components fail."

"There is no heaven or afterlife for broken-down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark," Hawking told the paper"

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/05/16/physicist-stephen-hawking-says-heaven/?test=faces

You buncha skeerdy-cats.   Be afraid, be very very afraid.

gk

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Sorry, there is no heaven.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »

I believe just what he says, when the human brain stops working it is done.  What he fails to mention is the soul.

Craig

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »

A man such as this being a famous physicist should know better than anyone the law of cause and effect.  The complexity of creation itself testifies to a creator.  Thinking like him is as foolish as if one of us were to believe a 1lb block of metal could be blown up and when all the fragments come down out pops out a rolex watch.  Certainly testifies that the carnal mind is enmity against God, is not subject to the law of God and neither can be.

JohnMichael

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 08:04:02 PM »

If that were the truth (no life after death), humans would be miserable indeed. Paul said the same thing.

1Co 15:17  And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
1Co 15:18  Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
1Co 15:19  If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

But glorious and exceedingly joyful will be the Homecoming of Heaven! :) And won't Stephen Hawking be in for a shock when he sees Christ return, or he is resurrected (whichever happens first). ;D

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:12:43 PM by JohnMichael »

spiritman

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:03:49 AM »

God has the best back up and recovery software there is, and we get new hardware too  :D.

Stacey

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 06:10:29 AM »

Wonder what Steven, along with his followers and the rest of the like minded folks will have to say about all that when they get re-booted?

:o dohp!  ???
Stacey

Duane

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 12:26:27 AM »

It always amazes me how asrophysicists et. al. can view the wonders of God and not see the creator!
 However, Mr . Hawkings, Romans 1: 18-25 applies to all you "brainiacs" that look and don't see:
vs. 19 For the wrath of God is revelsed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, BECAUSE what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 19: For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are CLEARLY SEEN, being understood by the things that are made, even
His eternal power and Godhead, so that THEY ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE, BECAUSE ALTHOUGH THEY KNEW GOD,, THEY DID NOT GLORIFY HIM AS GOD, NOR WERE THEY THANKFUL, BUT BECAME  FUTILE IN THEIR  THOUGHTS, AND THEIR FOOLISH HEARTS WERE DARKENED. 20: Professing to be wise, they became FOOLS---." 24:  Therefore God gave them up to uncleanliness---who exchanged truth for a lie, and worshipped the creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever, Amen." 28: And even as they did not like to (EVEN) retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind to do those things which are not fitting----."
1 Cor. 1:18 "...But the message of the cross is to them that are parishing (aorist tense) foolishness, but to us who are being saved (same tense) it is the power of God unto salvation. 19 For it is written: I will destro the wisdom of the wise, and bring to NOTHING the knowledge of the prudent".  20 "--- has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?  (CAPS MINE)

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »

Poor guy! I know that when answers to my prayer's all seem to be 'NO',...I find it hard to believe too...and death seems to be the only god around...don't lose faith.

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

Friends,

Stephen Hawking will be in for a surprise but I think it may be a pleasant one especially for him because he will no longer need his wheel chair and computer to communicate. He will be standing up on his own two legs and speaking out with his own vocal chords. It will be his mind and heart that need rehabilitation.

Indiana bob

SDDiver

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 04:07:38 PM »

Stephen Hawking is to me one of the most fascinating individuals alive today. My favorite scientist and another medical miracle who "should have been dead a long time ago." He has a gift of explaining the most complicated theories in plain terms so that even I can get it (some times).

He is often very outspoken against the existence of a personal Creator God. On the other hand, in several of his books you will find him talking about how (in his view) God plays into the creation and maintenance of the universe. In his book "A Brief History Of Time" it seems God is mentioned on every other page. The book ends with him saying that if and when scientists finally do discover a universal "theory of everything," then they will have seen into the mind of God. Change of heart? Maybe. Then again I've read that his wife is a Christian and she makes him write these things.  :D

gmik

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2011, 05:10:44 PM »

Maybe he was just referring to the standard, ridiculous version of Heaven that most babylonian christians espouse....grey haired man playing a harp, and happy hippies skipping thru daisies...that picture!!

I wonder what he has said about Intelligent Design???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.