bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Some of Samson' favorite Movie Scenes.  (Read 14501 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Some of Samson' favorite Movie Scenes.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 08:24:22 AM »

To think I was gonna watch a DVD tonight but instead watched all these, glad you put these up Brad! My favorites out of your list.

1.Contemporary American History = Priceless
2.Look darlin',this is Johnny Ringo.. = Ultimate put down, Ringo should have took the warning but had to find out that Holiday really was his huckleberry!

The first part of the following video is one of my favorite movie scenes ever. It puts into words a very good description IMO of what is expected of us by God. Kingdom of Heaven is definitely at the top of my list for all time greatest epic movies.

http://youtu.be/ffS-Djs0M3Q
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:44:49 AM by Stacey »
Stacey

Samson

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 09:56:48 AM »

Thanks to Deborah & Stacey,

Yes, I E.T. when it first came out, Drew Barrymore was such a cute little Darling. Have a other Scenes that I will present later, tried to get that One I like from The Outlaw Josey Wales, but couldn't find it.

It's a raining all week here, what a drag, Samson.

Extol

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:19:08 AM »

Hi Samson,
 This is a fun idea! The only one of yours I have seen is Groundhog Day; that Rodney Dangerfield one seemed pretty funny. I'll put up some of my favorites later.  8)

Extol

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »

These are not necessarily my favorite scenes, but I picked one good scene from each of my top 5 favorite movies.   8)

1.Twelve Angry Men http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyPmkfcLBqo&feature=related

2.The Lion in Winter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDbfOFBxmEI

3.Stalag 17 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPNyNivNWA

4.It Happened One Night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wHfSb2xz2M

5.The Seventh Seal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT2qRdffNik

Grace

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »

It puts into words a very good description IMO of what is expected of us by God.

What is IMO?  I see this frequently but have no clue what it means.

Grace

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 01:22:23 PM »

IMO ~ In my opinion ~  :)

jassy

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »

This was probably the one scene that made me scream with laughter. Bad language in beginning. Just a warning. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOUvUV69PzA

Favourite dance scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBHhSVJ_S6A

Favourite love story, just wish they could change the music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLcZkXCV1e8

Current favourite action movie. Awesome clip as Willis steps out of speeding car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFfMfN5AvE

Samson covered the favourite cowboy movie.

Jassy

lostANDfound

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 07:06:04 PM »

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!  is no one going to comment on stacey's video?  are we all just nodding our heads here? yes, yes, God, Brahmin, Allah, they are all the same?  sorry to single you out stacey but that video is NEW AGE GARBAGE.
remember paul in athens, surrounded by statues of their various gods.  and he found one called "the unknown god". did he say, "ok athenites, you got it right here, all these gods you worship, they are one, they are it, they are god."  NO!!!!!!!  what on earth is an IDOL if everything anyone calls god is GOD!!!!??????    i hope and pray i am not the only one to take issue with this absolute blasphemy sneaking it's way on this forum.   

acts 17:16  Now while Paul was awaiting them at Athens, his spirit was grieved and roused to anger as he saw that the city was full of idols. 17So he reasoned and argued in the synagogue with the Jews and those who worshiped there, and in the marketplace [where assemblies are held] day after day with any who chanced to be there. 18And some also of the Epicurean and Stoic philosophers encountered him and began to engage in discussion. And some said, What is this babbler with his scrap-heap learning trying to say? Others said, He seems to be an announcer of foreign deities--because he preached Jesus and the resurrection.  19And they took hold of him and brought him to the [c]Areopagus [Mars Hill meeting place], saying, May we know what this novel (unheard of and unprecedented) teaching is which you are openly declaring?  20For you set forth some startling things, foreign and strange to our ears; we wish to know therefore just what these things mean--  21For the Athenians, all of them, and the foreign residents and visitors among them spent all their leisure time in nothing except telling or hearing something newer than the last--  22So Paul, standing in the center of the Areopagus [Mars Hill meeting place], said: Men of Athens, I perceive in every way [on every hand and with every turn I make] that you are most religious or very reverent to demons.
23For as I passed along and carefully observed your objects of worship, I came also upon an altar with this inscription, To the unknown god. Now what you are already worshiping as unknown, this I set forth to you.  24The God Who produced and formed the world and all things in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade shrines.  25Neither is He served by human hands, as though He lacked anything, for it is He Himself Whogives life and breath and all things to all [people].(A)

Extol

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »

Hi lostANDfound,

Stacey posted the video to show us one of his favorite movie scenes--which is the first one in the video. It doesn't seem to me that that scene promotes any false gods.

lostANDfound

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »

are we to ignore the fact that the clip parallels a teaching which is popping up more and more in the background here?  are we to ignore the fact that no one commented on what should be an eyebrow-raising theology?  are we to ignore the fact that stacey did not qualify his post with "and just ignore the rest of this blasphemous garbage"? 

Stacey

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 10:00:59 PM »

Hi lostandfound, I'm sorry the video offended you, really I am. I didn't think that much about it and Extol is right, I posted it for the first part of it. It was the only one I could find with that scene in Kingdom of Heaven.

Its a little late but, for the video I posted above, just ignore everything after the Kingdom of Heaven scene.  :)

Stacey

Samson

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 11:19:09 PM »

Thanks for the Levity John From Kentucky,  ;D

I'm not known for much of a sense of Humor, as most of you know, but I'm somewhat regretting that I started this Thread. I didn't realize it would enter the ridiculous, didn't even notice anything unusual about Stacey's Video. My wife claims that We saw that Movie, I didn't recall any New Age propaganda. However, New Age Philosophy doesn't interest Me one iota and has no affect on Me whatsoever, not one iota. We don't want to be overly righteous or overly wise in Our own eyes. Ecclesiastes. 7:16. Notwithstanding all of the above, We still need to consider Our guests that view the Forum.

Admittedly, a few Cuss words were in some of My Movie scene excerpts, I didn't realize this until later viewing the entire scene of each and every one of these. It's really hard to find favorite scenes, based on riskay content. Decide to let it fly, surprised that no one noticed those rare cuss miscues on my part. Well, hopefully things will calm down & We can get on with Life.

Kind Regards, Samson.

JohnMichael

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 02:05:12 AM by JohnMichael »

lostANDfound

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »

I didn't realize it would enter the ridiculous, didn't even notice anything unusual about Stacey's Video.

didn't notice anything unusual about the video?  well now we know where you stand sampson.  let the record show, i most decidedly find something wrong with that video. and if i'm in the minority here, which it seems i may well be, so be it. 
if it is "ridiculous" to pursue this, in an effort to preserve the integrity of this forum, so be it.  i'm saddened that so many innocent threads have been shut down in a hurry, and that video is left open for this long.  i'm saddened to see this sick new age-ish filth seeping into the fabric of this forum.  but God is in charge.  so be it.

Kat

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 01:23:14 AM »

This forum is moderated, but if someone wants to find fault they can.  Though I think that anyone should be careful in judging a brother.

Mat 7:1  "Judge not, that you be not judged.
v. 2  For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you.
v. 3  Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

Ecc 7:16 Do not be abundantly self-righteous, And do not be thinking yourself superlatively wise; Why should you make yourself desolate?

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 05:29:43 AM »

All the videos are offered without guile and with joy of fellowship here.~ :)

Here is one that fits in with how God Loves His creation. IMO That is the Agape Sovereign fearless 100% Love of God... :)

http://www.flickspire.com/m/Share_This/HundredZero?lsid=0cfd94a08d1f0160c14488686eb5af94

Live and let Love~ :)...fearlessly....

Stacey

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 06:16:57 AM »

Amen Arc, really liked that video.
Stacey

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »

Hey let's cool it here.  This board is for light hearted banter and fun stuff.  Samson started a thread about movies.  There was no deep spiritual message in it, just movies scenes he liked.  Stacey did the same and stated this about his post...

The first part of the following video is one of my favorite movie scenes eve

The first part....Stacey didn't create the clip and he can't edit the clip.

Some of you are waaaay too serious.  I think we should be able to have some fun, life is too dark otherwise.  We all should be a bit more happy because we know the Good News!  Jesus said His yoke is easy and his burden is light.  Easy and Light, why do we continue to lift?  Why do we try to fit into preconceived molds and fit others in there with us?  We can't mold ourselves only God can do that, what bothers one person may not even be noticed by another.   If you don't find a particular post fun or interesting then skip over the topic, don't let it cause any heartburn.

Movies........Some may enjoy a good film, maybe even R rated with foul language.  At one time I did, but I find my tastes have changed I no longer want to spend money to see a movie and get cussed at.  But that is me, I don't have any problem with those who do, if God wants them to stop they will, if He wants me to start again I will.

You know what one of my favorite clips is?  It is from a movie I saw nearly 30 years ago  Porkey's.  Any time I hear the word tallywacker I remember that scene and I smile and laugh.  Does that make me a bad person, will that keep me from the elect?  I don't know and neither does anyone here, only God knows.

Craig
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.