bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I tell you the truth"  (Read 10879 times)

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: "I tell you the truth"
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 11:15:10 PM »

2 Samuel chapters 11&12
Nathan the prophet came to David and confronted him concerning the death of Uriah and David's other sins.
Nathan first told him a story that represents a truth (parable) and when David pronounces judgement, Nathan said to David "Thou art the man" literal.
The prophets in the Old Testament most always said "Thus Saith the Lord" before the Word of God that they were bringing came forth.
Jesus didn't need to say that because he is the Lord. Saying "Thus saith the Lord" or "I tell you the truth" are to me both ways of getting the hearers to pay close attention to what is to follow, and assures the hearer that it is God speaking to them.
It's all Spiritual Words representing Spiritual concepts. :)

Joel

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 12:06:45 AM by Joel »

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 03:53:03 AM »

Matthew (18:3)-(24:2)-(25:45)-(26:26,34)
Mark 11:23
John (6:26,32,53)-(8:45)-(13:21,38)-(16:7,20)-(16:23)-(21:18)
Luke (9:27)-(12:44)-(21:3)

All above verses uses the words of Christ "I tell you the truth" (Can't be a parable!)

Christ, after all, was made flesh here on earth and He never lies, right! but why that phrase?
Is it in the original manuscripts?

I don't quite understand where your going with this?
Can you be clearer about your intentions on this topic?

If your leaving me to speculate, I would assume that your saying Christ lies because he tells stories that are not literally true.
Which is why you are questioning why the phrase may or may not be in the scriptures?

Also, all the scriptures you posted, what do they have to do with any of the parables?
You say,"I tell you the truth" can't be a parable, who said it was?
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

One Love

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 07:23:25 AM »

Hi Akira
I don't quite understand where your going with this?
Can you be clearer about your intentions on this topic?

If your leaving me to speculate, I would assume that your saying Christ lies because he tells stories that are not literally true.
Which is why you are questioning why the phrase may or may not be in the scriptures?

Also, all the scriptures you posted, what do they have to do with any of the parables?
You say,"I tell you the truth" can't be a parable, who said it was?

Read the whole thread, then I presume you might get it! If you still don't then read again or pray for enlightenment.

One Love

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2011, 07:53:45 AM »

No Marky Mark
I'm not saying anything "I'M ASKING" if you look at the full thread you'll see that KAT gave me Mr. Smith's quote and I realised then & there that that was the answer I'm looking for, not to confuse you or any other, here is the final answer:
When Jesus speaks with this phrase, "I tell you the truth" the parable after that becomes literal, like the widows mite in Luke 21:3. It is no more a parable but a true literal happening.

Here's the quote from Mr. Smith that KAT sent:
"Verily, verily, [truly, truly--what Jesus is about to say is the TRUTH,

I'm content with the answers I got, thank God, so I'll end this topic with this post.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »

I'm content with the answers I got, thank God, so I'll end this topic with this post.

Per Gordon's remarks above, I will lock this thread now. :)

René
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.