bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing myself...  (Read 5646 times)

moxicarose

Losing myself...
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:01:26 AM »

The other night I had dinner with some of my deeply atheist family members. One of them, my sister, is a more recent atheist, as she and I were raised together in the same reformed baptist household. The others are family by marriage. I have struggled in the past with some gripping sadness over the spiritual condition of my family, but more recently, as God has allowed me to digest and learn from the teachings here, I have been becoming almost blissfully devoid of worry or concern over it. This is not to say that I am not praying for them and hoping that they might learn truth, but I don't feel so much anxiety about them anymore! I am hopeful that this feeling will be something that God gives me for everything in my life, so that I can truly be 'anxious for nothing'. And believe me, I'm good at worrying..:/ The realization that I've been given a peace that I didn't have before made me feel like I'd lost a part of myself, but, in a really good way...(maybe like losing a baby tooth?)

All I know is, I'm ready to lose more..I'm longing for this peace over my life and to overflow into those lives around me. :)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Losing myself...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 06:18:42 AM »

Thank you Moxicarose, for your evidence, testimony and joy reflecting the Peace of Christ that surpasses the understanding of the world in every good gift that comes from our Father God!

Arc

gmik

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »

Seems like, I am a bit more comfortable w/ atheists than holier than thou babylonians!!

Most babylonians think we are closer in belief to atheists than them.

IMO

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »

All I know is, I'm ready to lose more..I'm longing for this peace over my life and to overflow into those lives around me. :)

Great post Jessi...lot of wisdom in your comments.  :)

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 01:49:19 PM »

Hi Jessi,

The realization that I've been given a peace that I didn't have before made me feel like I'd lost a part of myself, but, in a really good way...(maybe like losing a baby tooth?)

Ah yes, we do need to lose more and more of ourself and that is a good thing  :)

John 3:30  He must increase, but I must decrease.
v. 31  He who comes from above is above all; he who is from the earth is earthly and speaks from the earth. He who comes from Heaven is above all,

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »

The other night I had dinner with some of my deeply atheist family members. One of them, my sister, is a more recent atheist, as she and I were raised together in the same reformed baptist household. The others are family by marriage. I have struggled in the past with some gripping sadness over the spiritual condition of my family, but more recently, as God has allowed me to digest and learn from the teachings here, I have been becoming almost blissfully devoid of worry or concern over it. This is not to say that I am not praying for them and hoping that they might learn truth, but I don't feel so much anxiety about them anymore! I am hopeful that this feeling will be something that God gives me for everything in my life, so that I can truly be 'anxious for nothing'. And believe me, I'm good at worrying..:/ The realization that I've been given a peace that I didn't have before made me feel like I'd lost a part of myself, but, in a really good way...(maybe like losing a baby tooth?)

Though it's true that "a fool says there is no God", I'd much rather stand before "the judgment seat of Christ" as a former Atheist, than as one who taught the He was going to torture trillions of humans in flaming eternal fire! Thank God for having the mercy on me to release me from that crime!

I am glad to hear you've been given some peace regarding your family's spiritual position. I will pray along with you that He continues to give you more for other areas in your life. God bless.

Christopher

GaryK

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »

I have been becoming almost blissfully devoid of worry or concern

I am hopeful that this feeling will be something that God gives me for everything in my life, so that I can truly be 'anxious for nothing'.

Absolutley uplifting post.    Inspirational testimony for all.    Good for you.

gk

Inthewilderness

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »

I have been losing stuff for three or four years now.  But, there is some great stuff that replaces what you lose.  Peace, love, joy, patience, etc.  At least for me.  I still struggle with wishing I could get other people to see it.  Well, I suppose wishing for others to see isn't bad, it just hurts when others do not see.  On many levels.  Thanks for sharing! :)

Beth

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »

Jessi,
 Thanks for this beautiful testimony! It's such a comforting moment when we stop worrying about our "lost" friends and family members; putting away our own efforts and entering into His rest (Heb. 4). The Gospel is truly Good News! Even if it appears bleak at times, all--even atheists--will be saved!
1 Corinthians 15:22-23: "for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive, and each in his proper order..."

Jesse  ;)

moxicarose

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 03:53:32 AM »

Seems like, I am a bit more comfortable w/ atheists than holier than thou babylonians!!

Most babylonians think we are closer in belief to atheists than them.

IMO

I find myself somewhat terrified of the "babylonians" at times, and that is one of those areas I'm excited for God's peace to overthrow in me..:D

moxicarose

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 03:59:04 AM »

Jessi,
 Thanks for this beautiful testimony! It's such a comforting moment when we stop worrying about our "lost" friends and family members; putting away our own efforts and entering into His rest (Heb. 4). The Gospel is truly Good News! Even if it appears bleak at times, all--even atheists--will be saved!
1 Corinthians 15:22-23: "for even as in Adam all die, so also in the Christ all shall be made alive, and each in his proper order..."

Jesse  ;)

Thank you! I really needed to be reminded of that...entering into His rest. I have been bombarded lately with some 'scriptural proof' regarding 'proper observing of sabbath rest' from a well meaning person, and I know in my head that entering His rest is letting go completely of 'working' to gain merit or approval, and trusting God to work through and in me...

my heart is weak, though...So glad He's already working on it!

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 04:29:22 AM »

Amen moxicarose! This is a Super Testimony. Isn't it a huge relief when some of God's truths finally start to sink in and the weight of the world begins to lift off our shoulders? You know what I mean? To begin to know without a doubt that the Father will see to it our unbelieving friends and family will eventually be converted and saved is a tremendous revelation and burden lifting experience.
Stacey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.