bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meeting with church elder  (Read 5598 times)

ned

Meeting with church elder
« on: July 10, 2006, 02:41:38 PM »

Hello fellow believers. As a new member, I would like to (and will soon) share my testimony.

For right now, I would like to ask for prayers, comments and thoughts about a meeting one of my (past) church elders has called me to. 
I have just left my church (last Sunday Jul 2 officially) and I gave the 5 elders of my church a letter as to why I was leaving. Tonight I am meeting with one of the elders to "have a conversation" about my letter.
I keep thinking that the truth God has shown me is so obvious, that when I share it with others how can they not believe? But after trying this (with other church believers for the last 6 months) I now understand the scripture that tells me they are deceived and God himself has turned them over to lies and they will believe only what he has purposed them to believe.  I marvel at God's word when I see it in action in this way, they are literally blinded to the truth! They even say words that are scriptural and to us (who have been graced with the truth) it is the very power of God, yet they themselves deny the truth. It is almost unbelievable! So, I now no longer look forward to meeting with other "church" believers and expecting them to understand the truth. I pray for their understanding but ultimately God chooses who he wills to understand. Nonetheless, please pray and provide feedback as God leads you, I know this elder is going to think it is I who am deceived.
Thank you for your consideration.
Marie

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Meeting with church elder
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 03:09:03 PM »

Hello fellow believers. As a new member, I would like to (and will soon) share my testimony.

For right now, I would like to ask for prayers, comments and thoughts about a meeting one of my (past) church elders has called me to. 
I have just left my church (last Sunday Jul 2 officially) and I gave the 5 elders of my church a letter as to why I was leaving. Tonight I am meeting with one of the elders to "have a conversation" about my letter.
I keep thinking that the truth God has shown me is so obvious, that when I share it with others how can they not believe? But after trying this (with other church believers for the last 6 months) I now understand the scripture that tells me they are deceived and God himself has turned them over to lies and they will believe only what he has purposed them to believe.  I marvel at God's word when I see it in action in this way, they are literally blinded to the truth! They even say words that are scriptural and to us (who have been graced with the truth) it is the very power of God, yet they themselves deny the truth. It is almost unbelievable! So, I now no longer look forward to meeting with other "church" believers and expecting them to understand the truth. I pray for their understanding but ultimately God chooses who he wills to understand. Nonetheless, please pray and provide feedback as God leads you, I know this elder is going to think it is I who am deceived.
Thank you for your consideration.
Marie

Marie,

If you go, my prayres are with you.  My opinion is to stay home.  You will most likely be horse whipped and brow beaten.
But, all is of God.

Craig

mongoose

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 03:14:05 PM »

Marie,  Welcome to the forum.  Leaving a church is hard and most of us here have done that ourselves at some point.  I pray that this forum will be as big of a blessing to you as it has been for me.  Everyone here has been absolutely wonderful and loving.  Like Craig, I can't offer you much hope for how your conversation this evening will go.  I agree with his opinion.....stay home.  Most likely this will not go well and things will be said that may be hurtful.  Remember, only God can change a person's mind.  Arguing with someone who is blinded is not fruitful.  No matter how this goes (or whether you decide to go or not), it will be according to His will.  Remember that God loves you (and the elder who you may meet with) and is working everything according to His will.  You are under no obligation to explain your reasons for leaving.  My prayers are with you as well.  Peace and love to you.

mongoose

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »

Make a list of every single other thing you could be doing instead of going to this meeting.  Take that list and  lay it on the table.  Blindfold yourself, take a bottle and spin it, whichever the open end of the bottle lands on is GUARANTEED to be more productive than said meeting... That includes stuff like cleaning out the cat liter box. ect...ect.

Peace in Christ

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 09:10:21 PM »

Longhorn you are a hoot!!

Marie, have you read Ray's new paper about witnessing??  That might help somewhat. What is the elders purpose??? Will they lose a beloved sister in the lord or a generous giver?? Whatever you decide God has willed and He will help you.  Our prayers are with you. Let us know the outcome one way or another.

My church hasn't bothered about it-haven't heard from them and we were tithers! Oh well.

jenniferonline

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 12:42:51 AM »

Marie,

Been there.  Who knows at this point in time why God chose to reveal what He has to you, to us... to some and not all.  There is a reason, but i don't make the shoes, i just sell them (sorry, i'm a little tired and i don't really sell shoes). On a shallow level..I miss church socials, functions, physical worship, guitars, drums, bible studies.. Abba Father is the only One that can satisfy our thirst.  He's proven that a few times, and will need to again shortly, (atleast for me) i'm sure.  If you do go, there may be no visible purpose for having went to said meeting and you may, like me, end up leaving in tears wondering 'why me?'.   Who knows what seeds will take hold or will be scattered on the rocks.  Either way, God is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will (He's workin it out sister-girl).

I will pray for you tonight.  Even if you already went.  :)

Jen

gmik

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 01:12:42 AM »

Welcome Jen.   Good Word!

ned

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »

Thank you everyone for commenting on my issue.  I was quite surprised that almost all of you thought I shouldn't go, however, I did go, and it was a blessing.  The elder could not criticize me, could not prove me wrong and at one point he even said I was right, although I don't think he even realized he said it.  God is awesome!  I think a seed was planted in this elders' heart, and maybe not today or even tomorrow, but one day he will be reading the bible and a light will turn on for him, that is just my gut feeling, I know it has to be God's will if this is to be so, and so I leave it (obviously) in His hands.
Thanks again for your words of wisdom and prayer.  Last night when I was speaking to this elder, it occurred to me that God has so planted His will in my heart, because it feels so right when I speak about God that I just want to jump on the rooftop and yell it out to the world! My prayer is that God would bring more people into my life to share His Word with.
OK, I'm rambling now...thanks for listening.
In His Name,
Marie

mongoose

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »

Marie,  I'm glad you had a good experience with this.  If you are led there by God to plant a seed, it should go well.  I have tried sharing with a couple of people a long time ago because I believed that was what I was supposed to do (not because I felt led to do so) and it wasn't so good.  You followed what you felt God wanted and that is exactly what you should do. It is wonderful to hear back from you about your positive experience.  Peace and love to you.

mongoose

gmik

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 09:31:02 PM »

amen!

jenniferonline

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 02:18:31 AM »

What a relief!  I'm so glad it turned out to be a blessing.  I had a couple of people verbally attack me in the middle of the aisle right after church when i merely suggested to a friend that I was *researching* one of the church's doctrines: everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus as their saviourwas going to burn in hell forever.  It reminded me of a sci fi movie called the invasion of the body snatchers when at the end the guy points at the woman and let's out a horrible screech as if to say... "There's one we haven't gotten yet!!"  sorry... i've liked sci fis and nova since i was a kid...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.