bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mississippi River Flood  (Read 3724 times)

Kat

Mississippi River Flood
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »

I know everyone has been hearing about the Mississippi river going way out of its banks causing record flooding first in Memphis Tenn and now coming down through Mississippi and headed for Louisiana. The river crested in Vicksburg yesterday and should start going down in a few days. I am on the Mississippi coast, so I am not threaten by the flooding. But all of my extended family live throughout this area (near Vicksburg), so far none have been flooded and if the levee will hold a few more days (which it should) they wil be out of danger of that happening.

Well this link shows some extraordinary measures that some homeowner have gone to to save their homes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1388660/Mississippi-River-flooding-Residents-build-homemade-dams-saves-houses.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Mississippi River Flood
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 03:55:47 AM »

Glad you are safe from the rising water Kat. Those are some terrible pictures in the link you provided.

I'm in Houma Louisiana at the moment. Impatiently watching for the rising water to reach the dock here. It was projected to reach this area 8 days from the time the Morganza Spill Way was first opened and today is day 8. Right now the water is only slightly higher than normal. Time will tell but we are hoping for a lot less water now than what was initially projected by the Corps of Engineers.

We would normally be in Morgan City when dockside but there the water has already covered some of the docks. Morgan City is in the direct pathway of the Morganza which was opened to relieve the pressure on the levee's in Baton Rouge and New Orleans. 

Even though we are about 30 miles South and West of the Mississippi River we could still see some high water due to the fact that most all of the water ways here are connected through the Inter Coastal Waterway.

The water rising here at or around this time of the year is a normal thing. It happens every year when the snow melts up North and starts coming this way through the Mississippi River but this year is far worse than normal with the combination of all the terrible flooding in recent weeks along with the regularly expected high water. 
Stacey

One Love

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »

Hey Kat
These pictures just gave me a different perspective in my suffering, hope it stays well with you & your extended families.
God Bless.

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 10:41:51 AM »

Kat: 

Glad you are safe.  I don't know how many forum members are affected from the flooding or the tornados; my prayers go out to all;  I live in Canada and have been watching CNN and other US newscasts;  so far, amazingly, is that no one as yet has blamed God; maybe those who have lost a loved one might and haven't been interviewed yet.   We have flooding in Canada also but I couldn't visualize the totality of such a disaster until seeing the link that you posted re Missississipi flooding.   As Gordon stated "it gives me a different perspective on my suffering" and sure gives us a wake up call.  I just hope we heed it.  I wonder how do these people move on.  How many lose their faith or grow stronger in faith.  It's amazing tho that God does give encouragement in these disasters by the strength and resilience that he gives to some in order to help others.  I commend those who put their lives at risk to help others; thats love!!

On a side note, I just couldn't fathom why New Orleans would rebuild in the same area after their disaster, spending billions of dollars and possibly still be at risk for another disaster.  The money could have been used to relocate people and build homes for them in a less riskier environment and help rebuild businesses and agriculture.  Now with the Missississipi flooding....deja vu possibly for New Orleans?  This is my Canadian perspective.  God does confound the wise and it's all of God in the end.

May God's blessing be upon you in keeping you and your family safe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.