bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAMES:....  (Read 4597 times)

One Love

NAMES:....
« on: May 21, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »

Nick names, pet names, bible names, boys names, girls names, etc. (1) Can we pray for people who uses other names, will God know them by their "other name"

(2) Calling your children by "nick names" does it make you feel better and them lesser?

My great great great great great Grandfather was Jacob; his son was Abraham;  His son was Isaac;  His son was Emanuel;  his son was Timothy; His son was Thomas;  HIs son was Charles [oops] and his son (my father) was David. Quote by Mr. Smith.

I've noticed a long topic of this on this forum but my questions are different, just two questions, 1 & 2.

Duane

Re: NAMES:....
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 09:19:49 PM »

The Bible says that God knows the very number of hairs on our head, He is aware of every sparrow that falls, and He knows the billions and billions of stars by name, I am sure He won't get confused over a few nick names.
God is omniscient.  AMEN!

Drew

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »

You answered my question! Thanks!

Peace  ;)

gmik

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »

I agree w/ Duane.

My daughter and I call her husband John.  The entire rest of both sides of family call him Jeff.  I have never thought that God would be confused by that. 8)

Drew

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »

Thanks Gordon,
Now I really get it! No facetiousness intended Brother.  :)

One Love

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »

I don't think He is limited by that, at least I wouldn't think He would be.

OH, My Grace, How lovely you are, like our forum friend quoted,
What that means is we can offer a post and it might feel good to us, yet it is bitter to others and very often than not, the bitter posts we enter, may be the ones that are sweetest to others or more fruitful to edify and show the way forward.

The message is this. Keep on keeping on....about this Forum...it is a NOW Forum...not a yesterday Forum or a tomorrow Forum but a today is the day Forum.

Its best to say what you say, feel what you feel, mean what you write and move on in the liberty of knowing that we care, we share and we are all in that same boat...just at different rowing places!

"IT"S HOW WE FEEL FOR THAT MOMENT" Carry on posting, I love it!
AMEN.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.