bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Work in Progress - Part 2  (Read 3609 times)

JohnMichael

Work in Progress - Part 2
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:52:07 PM »

Hey Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

I just wanted to take a moment and tell of the joy that is happening since my last testimony post. It definitely shows that although we may see only darkness and dismay, God is still right there working His miracles.

Since my last post, I have stopped having sexual relations (total time being about two months). God placed a conviction on me that I shouldn't do it anymore. I will be honest: I fought with Him over it for about a week and a half. I would say things such as, “God, this isn't fair. Why should I be denied this? Why do I have to be singled out? This is completely, and totally 200% NOT FAIR. [carnal man/beast talking in full force]” The response was, “Who will you serve - Me or your flesh?” Words cannot express how utterly humbling that question was. He knew the answer I'd give even though I didn't at the time. I continued to wrestle with it, and then one day (thanks to a certain sister on the forum for being a vessel ;) ), the realization really sunk in that when God asks us to give up something, He gives us something far, far, far, FAR greater and better in return. My desire to be with and follow Him overrode my desire for fleshly pleasure – all His doing.

Then, I wrestled with how to tell the other person involved that I could no longer participate in sexual relations. I couldn't for the life of me think of a way. I thought about breaking it off completely, but my conscience condemned me for it – it felt like a sin. I thought of lying to avoid being alone with the person, but that also felt like a sin. I had reached my wit's end trying to wrestle with what to do. I felt dirty for even contemplating committing one sin to keep from committing another. Just when I was feeling completely frazzled, mentally, another sister from the forum was a vessel just at the right moment, and suggested to just tell the person the truth. Finally, at long last, I had an option that felt right and didn't stain my conscience.

I told the person about the conviction. I said, “I love you, and I would do anything for you – except disobey God. I can't do that because He put the desire in me to obey Him. I can only hope that you understand.” The other person was very quiet and didn't open up about it until later that night. It was in that conversation that I received a tremendous shock. His response was: “OK. I don't understand this, and I may not like it. However, WE will obey God. God said no more of that, and I'll just have to get used to it. I wouldn't dare ask you to disobey Him.” Mentally, I was floored. I was expecting anything but that.

Some might be thinking that because the relationship is still there that that somehow belittles this marvelous miracle of God. God knows what He's doing, and in His time, the relationship will end as well. By His Grace, I have full faith in that.

There is a new battle now – the lust for women that is slowly creeping its way in on top of the remaining lust for men (though that one is diminishing). While lust of any kind is a sin, I have never, ever, been sexually attracted to a woman. My desire in all of this is to be an eunuch for Him. I don't want to be attracted to anyone. I'm tired of lust – in any form: sick and tired and fed up with the lot of it. However, God knows what He's doing, so I'm keeping faith by His Grace. His Will will be done – not mine.

Jer 18:6 (YLT) As this potter am I not able to do to you? O house of Israel, an affirmation of Jehovah. Lo, as clay in the hand of the potter, So are ye in My hand, O house of Israel.

Throughout all of this, I cannot thank Him enough. I cannot say, in words, how truly Wonderful, Mighty, Glorious, Merciful, and Awesome our God is. Words fail me. I'm left struck in awe. Our God is truly Faithful and True! Glory to Him in the absolute Highest! There is Joy and Peace growing inside me at long last – despite the raging of the storm.

Hopefully, God will use this to comfort and strengthen someone. I take no credit for any of this. All is of Him, and all Glory, Honor, Praise, and Majesty belongs to Him.

Blessings & Joy to you all,
John
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:55:58 PM by JohnMichael »

Ireland

Re: Work in Progress - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 04:31:06 PM »

John, Wow, I am just so thankful to see your attitude and your love of God. I am sure he is placing this in you and may you endure the process. Trust me when I say I feel your pain. To go year after year and not be able to find a believing spouse is almost impossible to do. My faith has really been diminished the last few years due to the frustration of not having a mate to share this truth with. It was fine the first few years being alone and learning these new truths, but after many lonely years and even trying a marriage that did not work out mainly because of different beliefs. Well, you know. It just wears on you. May God keep us all and see us through this.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »

John;

Sin is sin..we all have our lusts and personal demons that we battle day in and day out.  Your desire to be obedient is clear and God will make a way for you in the end.  I'm very glad that he is giving you the victory but it's one step at a time and one day at a time and their may be regressions at times as well.  No condemnation from any of us.  God be with you and give you complete victory in His timing as he will for us all.

Doug

Drew

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »

JohnMichael,

I REJOICE with you Brother. Admittedly, I hadn't been aware of your particular struggle so I was taken by surprise. However, when we believe that God is true to His word and He clearly says that "No trial has taken you except what is human.", then we shouldn't be surprised when one of our brothers or sisters is going through what you are describing. I can identify with you in that the Lord recently said to me that I was to leave a few idols of the heart behind as well. You just mentioned in one of your recent posts that some things are better left unsaid; that's  the case in this instance. If it would edify in any way, I would be specific! My prayer for you is the last portion of 1Cor.10:13; God is "faithful Who will not be leaving you to be tried above what you are able, but, together with the trial, will be making the sequel also, to enable you to undergo it."

Blessings my Brother,

Drew

Duane

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »

JohnMichael...I am sooo proud of you for being so submissive to God's will and so vulnerable in sharing the particulars of your situation.  It would be so pious of us to say that WE haven't had situations that were hard to alter in trying desperately to please God.
May God continue to give you strength-- as WE all can identify with temptations of assundry sorts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 19 queries.