bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just defending someone slightly...  (Read 19463 times)

gmik

Re: Just defending someone slightly...
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:09 PM »

Unveiling 21:8 (Concordant Literal)

8 Yet the timid, and unbelievers, and the abominable, and murderers, and paramours, and enchanters, and idolaters, and all the false-their part is in the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.

This thread has gotten sorta high-jacked....back to Xander

THE TIMID???!!!!   Timid is lumped in w/ murderers, etc.....please help explain !!!!

Gluttony is a sin also....Isn't sin sin???  No degrees of it.

Why is homosexuality worse than being timid???

I have known a fellow for years who is a celibate homosexual-no boyfriends ever- a virgin!!!  He prays to God continually to make him straight.  Hasn't happened yet.  He goes to church, leads a good life as any, but hasn't been delivered.

As Ray said about smoking the same can be said about my friend...The Lord will deliver Him when He will and not before and maybe never.....and yet the Christian world feels differently about him than if he smoked or was fat!!

don't judge lest ye be judged

believerchrist100

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »

8 Yet the timid, and unbelievers, and the abominable, and murderers, and paramours, and enchanters, and idolaters, and all the false-their part is in the lake burning with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.

THE TIMID???!!!!   Timid is lumped in w/ murderers, etc.....please help explain !!!!

Gluttony is a sin also....Isn't sin sin???  No degrees of it.

I have known a fellow for years who is a celibate homosexual-no boyfriends ever- a virgin!!!  He prays to God continually to make him straight.  Hasn't happened yet.  He goes to church, leads a good life as any, but hasn't been delivered.

As Ray said about smoking the same can be said about my friend...The Lord will deliver Him when He will and not before and maybe never.....and yet the Christian world feels differently about him than if he smoked or was fat!!

Not exactly, there are degrees of sin. For instance consider this parable:

"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with MANY STRIPES. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with FEW STRIPES. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (Luke 12:47-48)

The one who doesn't know the Lord's will and disobeys is less guilty than the one who knows his master's will, but disobeys anyway. There are numerous examples of degrees of sin. No doubt all sins are serious and worthy of death which is the wages of sin (Romans 6:23), but there are still degrees of sin.

Hope this helps.

And oh yes, to answer the question on why homosexuality is worse than being timid, here's a scriptural answer:

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

JohnMichael

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 11:54:56 PM »

"Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

Just want to clarify that this is not limited to ONLY homosexuality. This includes ANY sex outside the commitment of marriage.

gmik

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 11:59:03 PM »

hmmm..much to ponder....thanks but degrees or not the timid and the murderer go to the LOF..

it all goes round and round tho-  God made the homosexual to be that way, and will punish him anyway.

we are sinning machines as Ray has said

God will sort it all out-its all in His Plan...

Sorry if that sounds like a wimpy phrase to get out of discussion.  Late and going to bed ;)

JohnMichael

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 12:09:27 AM »

By Gmik:

God made the homosexual to be that way, and will punish him anyway.

This was something I wrestled with for a long time back in my church days - most of my life actually. I rejected Christianity at 17 because of it. I felt like God betrayed me. I didn't think it was fair. It seemed more like God was being cruel rather than loving. I used to think, "Why couldn't I have been straight or a woman? Why couldn't I have been normal?" etc. Basically, the pot was questioning the Potter.

I don't profess to know why exactly He did this, but I keep faith that He has a purpose for it. From His perspective, there is a whole different story that I can't see. Some day, I hope to know what His side of the story is.

Living on faith ain't easy sometimes though ;D
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:45:18 AM by JohnMichael »

HopeinChrist480

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 10:48:58 AM »

THE TIMID???!!!!   Timid is lumped in w/ murderers, etc.....please help explain !!!!

Gluttony is a sin also....Isn't sin sin???  No degrees of it.

I have known a fellow for years who is a celibate homosexual-no boyfriends ever- a virgin!!!  He prays to God continually to make him straight.  Hasn't happened yet.  He goes to church, leads a good life as any, but hasn't been delivered.

"And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with MANY STRIPES. But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with FEW STRIPES. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." (Luke 12:47-48)

The one who doesn't know the Lord's will and disobeys is less guilty than the one who knows his master's will, but disobeys anyway. There are numerous examples of degrees of sin. No doubt all sins are serious and worthy of death which is the wages of sin (Romans 6:23), but there are still degrees of sin.

Hope this helps.

And oh yes, to answer the question on why homosexuality is worse than being timid, here's a scriptural answer:

How can it be sin to not have a knowledge of God's will? It cannot. The person who knows His will and disobeys has committed sin. Therefore, there cannot be degrees in this case because innocence and knowledge are different from another. Fornication is a sin but this verse doesn't indicate degrees of sin, either. My point is that sin is sin. All sin is evil. Sin can still be sin and there also be degrees of sin. The degrees of sin argument would fit well into the doctrine of blasphemy against The Holy Spirit, a sin that would not be forgiven in this age or the age to come which is The Millennial Reign of Christ. A sin that's not unforgivable.

daywalker

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »

THE TIMID???!!!!   Timid is lumped in w/ murderers, etc.....please help explain !!!!

Gluttony is a sin also....Isn't sin sin???  No degrees of it.

I have known a fellow for years who is a celibate homosexual-no boyfriends ever- a virgin!!!  He prays to God continually to make him straight.  Hasn't happened yet.  He goes to church, leads a good life as any, but hasn't been delivered.

Hope this helps.

How can it be sin to not have a knowledge of God's will? It cannot. The person who knows His will and disobeys has committed sin. Therefore, there cannot be degrees in this case because innocence and knowledge are different from another. Fornication is a sin but this verse doesn't indicate degrees of sin, either. My point is that sin is sin. All sin is evil. Sin can still be sin and there also be degrees of sin. The degrees of sin argument would fit well into the doctrine of blasphemy against The Holy Spirit, a sin that would not be forgiven in this age or the age to come which is The Millennial Reign of Christ. A sin that's not unforgivable.

I think the point this person was making is that those who know God's Law and disobey will be punished more severely than those who disobey in ignorance. Take the laws of the road for example. There's so many different laws, and they all vary from state to state. If you're driving cross country, there's a good chance you may break one or more state laws without even knowing, because back in your home state, it's completely legal. Sometimes, when a cop pulls you over, and they see you're from another state, they may let you off with a warning when you tell them you didn't know that what you did was against their state's law. But, that same cop would be a lot less forgiving to someone who lives in that state because they should know their laws.

Daywalker  8)

believerchrist100

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »

Exactly what I was trying to say daywalker.

Patrick
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:16:26 PM by believerchrist100 »

gmik

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »

My son spent 3 months last fall backpacking in SE Asia.....Millions of people have never heard the Name of Jesus....I sure hope they are not accountable as we are...from what my son says...many are living a hell on earth...

The Christian world would condemn these people..I am so glad they will be w/ us at the end when God is All in All.

HopeinChrist480

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011, 06:44:18 AM »

Luke 12:47-48 (Concordant Literal)

47 "Now that slave who knows the will of his lord and does not make ready, nor yet does aught with a view to his will, shall have many lashes.
48 Now he who does not know, yet does what deserves blows, shall have few lashes. Now to everyone to whom much was given, from him much will be sought, and to whom they committed much, more excessively will they be requesting of him.

These verses are one of many reasons why I do not believe that the never-ending torture doctrine is true. Few lashes, many lashes, NOT END-LESS LASHES. It's the will of God that man need stay away from sin. The verses don't indicate varying degrees of sin but punishment. It's not a sin to have no knowledge of His will, however, humanity has a fallen-nature and in knowing this we may also know that all have sinned anyway, with the exception of Christ. People may be ignorant of the nature of sin but this doesn't take away from the fact that sin is sin. All have sinned and all sin is deserving of judgement. Would God put the ones who have ignorance of His will through judgement now or in the lake of fire? I think that God puts the poor and poverished people of countries through judgement now ( I don't have any Scriptural proof of this at the moment.) as they have never even heard the name of Jesus Christ. How then could they know the will of the Lord?

Romans 3:23 (Concordant Literal)

23 for all sinned and are wanting of the glory of God.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 07:01:08 AM by HopeinChrist480 »

Samson

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 09:41:20 AM »

47 "Now that slave who knows the will of his lord and does not make ready, nor yet does aught with a view to his will, shall have many lashes.
48 Now he who does not know, yet does what deserves blows, shall have few lashes. Now to everyone to whom much was given, from him much will be sought, and to whom they committed much, more excessively will they be requesting of him.

These verses are one of many reasons why I do not believe that the never-ending torture doctrine is true. Few lashes, many lashes, NOT END-LESS LASHES. It's the will of God that man need stay away from sin. The verses don't indicate varying degrees of sin but punishment. It's not a sin to have no knowledge of His will, however, humanity has a fallen-nature and in knowing this we may also know that all have sinned anyway, with the exception of Christ. People may be ignorant of the nature of sin but this doesn't take away from the fact that sin is sin. All have sinned and all sin is deserving of judgement. Would God put the ones who have ignorance of His will through judgement now or in the lake of fire? I think that God puts the poor and poverished people of countries through judgement now ( I don't have any Scriptural proof of this at the moment.) as they have never even heard the name of Jesus Christ. How then could they know the will of the Lord?

HopeInChrist,

Not to grasp at Straws, but the phrase that you used in your above Post: humanity has a fallen-nature Is technically not accurate. Why ! Because for Humanity(Mankind) to have a "Fallen Nature" implies that they(Mankind) would have had to fall from something. In other words, it implies that their was originally something better and it Fell and became something worse. Humanity was created with a Heart that's exceedingly weak, automatically prone to Sin. Adam and Eve were incapable of Not Sinning, they were Created to be sinning machines. Christendom incorrectly uses the term: Fallen Nature, to imply that Mankind was created Morally & Spiritually Perfect and could have resisted Sinning, but they chose to Sin because of their "Free Will,"but in reality they  couldn't resist sinning under the circumstances that they were given. Some quotes of Ray's Below in Blue.

And so it was GOD, and none other than GOD, Who intended from the beginning that Satan and man SIN! That does not make God a sinner, for a sin is a "mistake," a "missing of the mark," a "falling short of the glory of God," and God has NEVER MADE A MISTAKE OR FALLEN SHORT OF TOTAL PERFECTION! God knew what He was doing and how things would turn out BEFORE He created ANYTHING! "Declaring the end from the beginning..." (Isa. 46:10). Satan and man are "accountable" for their sins, because they sinned willingly from their heart, but God takes "responsibility" for their sins, and therefore had already provided them a Saviour BEFORE the foundation of the world:

"For the creature [and/or creation itself] was MADE subject to VANITY NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [that’s God] Who HATH SUBJECTED the same in hope. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the WHOLE CREATION groans and travails IN PAIN until NOW" (Rom. 8:20-22)!

The force of these verses in Rom. 8:20-22 is inescapable. It was God HIMSELF Who subjected the whole creation to vanity, and He didn’t ask anyone’s permission before He did it. And it is only God Himself Who will deliver the whole creation from the bondage of corruption, pain, and suffering. Make no mistake about it: God is the Creator of evil, and He takes full responsibility for the deliverance from the consequences of all the evils that have caused the creation to "groan and travail in PAIN until NOW" as Paul describes. God takes responsibility for the temporary failures of creation so that He can take all the credit and glory for its successes.

It was not possible for Satan NOT TO SIN -- he was created for the express purpose of being God’s Adversary, and so, of course, he was a sinner "FROM THE BEGINNING"!

It was not possible for Adam and Eve NOT TO SIN -- they were created for the express purpose of being molded into the "image of God," and so of course, they had to eat of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil or they would have NEVER reached this first spiritual step in becoming LIKE GOD (in His IMAGE), a step of paramount DIVINE REQUISITE:

"And the LORD God said, Behold [consider, to perceive, to know, to understand], the man is BECOME AS ONE OF US [Hebrew for ‘God’ is elohiym which is the plural of elowahh, hence ‘us’], TO KNOW GOOD AND EVIL..." (Gen. 3:22).

Knowing "good and evil" is one of the most essential requisites in being formed in the image of God. To truly "know" both good and evil they HAD to partake of its source, which was the "TREE of the knowledge of good and evil," which then DEMANDED that they SIN in order to obtain this "knowledge." NO OTHER TREE IN THE GARDEN POSSESSED THIS NEEDED KNOWLEDGE!

And so it was GOD, and none other than GOD, Who intended from the beginning that Satan and man SIN! That does not make God a sinner, for a sin is a "mistake," a "missing of the mark," a "falling short of the glory of God," and God has NEVER MADE A MISTAKE OR FALLEN SHORT OF TOTAL PERFECTION! God knew what He was doing and how things would turn out BEFORE He created ANYTHING! "Declaring the end from the beginning..." (Isa. 46:10). Satan and man are "accountable" for their sins, because they sinned willingly from their heart, but God takes "responsibility" for their sins, and therefore had already provided them a Saviour BEFORE the foundation of the world:

"But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was FOREORDAINED BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, but was manifested in these last times for you" (I Pet. 1:19-20).

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb [Christ] slain from the FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD" (Rev. 13:8).

God provided the circumstances so that Mankind was incapable of avoiding Sin, Read below !

Is anyone so naive and blind as to believe that God had prepared a Lamb, a Sacrifice, His SON, to be slain for the sins of the world at a time when theologians would have us believe God didn’t even KNOW there was shortly coming such a thing as SIN? God knew; God is smart! It was God Who created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil It was God Who placed it right in the middle of the garden to catch Eve’s eye. It was God Who made the tree particularly attractive and desirable. It was God who placed in the humans the desires and passions that would CAUSE them to partake of the forbidden fruit. It was God who placed Satan the serpent in the garden to tempt Eve and fill her head with the glories of enlightenment. It was God Who had ALREADY made preparation for their salvation through the slain Lamb of God.

Only ignorant and foolish theologians would ever charge God of being ignorant of the conduct and behavior of His own creation. It was not the temptation or deception entering INTO Eve that caused her to sin and bring separation from her Creator and God. It was what was already in her that caused her to sin. Proof:

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies" (Mat. 15:19).

Notice it: "And when the woman saw [in her heart] that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eye [in her heart], and a tree to be desired [in her heart] to make one wise [an idol of the heart], she took [’For out of the heart proceed ... thefts...’] of the fruit thereof, and did eat" (Gen. 3:6).

Did you notice that last phrase "...and did eat"? It was not the "eating" of the fruit that made her a sinner -- she had ALREADY sinned by looking, lusting, and fantasizing about her potential wisdom. It was AFTER she sinned that she "did eat."

THE WORST SIN THAT WAS EVER COMMITTED & WE DID IT.

Sorry, but John Hagee’s "Romans only" theory has just bit the dust. So again: Who crucified our Lord and Saviour? And who is it that are to be forgiven because they know not what they do? "YOU ALL," "ALL THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL," "THE HEATHEN," "THE PEOPLE," "THE KINGS OF THE EARTH," "THE RULERS," and "HEROD, PONTIUS PILATE, WITH THE GENTILES!!! Do you still think your name is left out of this list somehow?

The whole world is accountable for crucifying their Saviour Jesus Christ. But as it was done in "ignorance" (for they know not what they do), the whole world will be forgiven. So what do these things have to do with the lake of fire? Everything! I am trying to show you the mind of God. This is the way God thinks, and feels, and forgives, and LOVES! Since you haven’t learned these things in Sunday School, or Wednesday night Bible Study, or Sunday sermons, or even theological seminary, I am showing you them now. Weigh God’s Words very carefully.

The worst sin ever committed by the worst sinners in the history of the universe, was the cruel beating and crucifixion of Jesus Christ -- the Perfect Man and Son of God! Does anyone really believe that Ted Bundy’s crimes were worse than Crucifying the Son of God? Did the men immediately responsible (ultimately I’ve shown that we ALL were responsible) for His crucifixion show any remorse or repentance except Judas? Yet, Jesus Christ asked God to "forgive them" at the very time that they showed no remorse whatsoever.

Will the Father HEAR these words and ANSWER these words of Christ’s prayer? Are these just the sentimental words of Jesus that will not be heard or answered by a HARSH God in Heaven? Just Whose "words" are these, anyway? Where did these words of Jesus "forgive them" really come from?

Hope this helps to give us a better perspective about sinning, Samson.

HopeinChrist480

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:36 AM »

HopeInChrist,

Not to grasp at Straws, but the phrase that you used in your above Post: humanity has a fallen-nature Is technically not accurate. Why ! Because for Humanity(Mankind) to have a "Fallen Nature" implies that they(Mankind) would have had to fall from something. In other words, it implies that their was originally something better and it Fell and became something worse. Humanity was created with a Heart that's exceedingly weak, automatically prone to Sin. Adam and Eve were incapable of Not Sinning, they were Created to be sinning machines. Christendom incorrectly uses the term: Fallen Nature, to imply that Mankind was created Morally & Spiritually Perfect and could have resisted Sinning, but they chose to Sin because of their "Free Will,"but in reality they  couldn't resist sinning under the circumstances that they were given. Some quotes of Ray's Below in Blue.

"For the creature [and/or creation itself] was MADE subject to VANITY NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of Him [that’s God] Who HATH SUBJECTED the same in hope. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the BONDAGE OF CORRUPTION into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the WHOLE CREATION groans and travails IN PAIN until NOW" (Rom. 8:20-22)!

The force of these verses in Rom. 8:20-22 is inescapable. It was God HIMSELF Who subjected the whole creation to vanity, and He didn’t ask anyone’s permission before He did it. And it is only God Himself Who will deliver the whole creation from the bondage of corruption, pain, and suffering. Make no mistake about it: God is the Creator of evil, and He takes full responsibility for the deliverance from the consequences of all the evils that have caused the creation to "groan and travail in PAIN until NOW" as Paul describes. God takes responsibility for the temporary failures of creation so that He can take all the credit and glory for its successes.

It was not possible for Satan NOT TO SIN -- he was created for the express purpose of being God’s Adversary, and so, of course, he was a sinner "FROM THE BEGINNING"!

It was not possible for Adam and Eve NOT TO SIN -- they were created for the express purpose of being molded into the "image of God," and so of course, they had to eat of the forbidden tree of the knowledge of good and evil or they would have NEVER reached this first spiritual step in becoming LIKE GOD (in His IMAGE), a step of paramount DIVINE REQUISITE:

"And the LORD God said, Behold [consider, to perceive, to know, to understand], the man is BECOME AS ONE OF US [Hebrew for ‘God’ is elohiym which is the plural of elowahh, hence ‘us’], TO KNOW GOOD AND EVIL..." (Gen. 3:22).

Knowing "good and evil" is one of the most essential requisites in being formed in the image of God. To truly "know" both good and evil they HAD to partake of its source, which was the "TREE of the knowledge of good and evil," which then DEMANDED that they SIN in order to obtain this "knowledge." NO OTHER TREE IN THE GARDEN POSSESSED THIS NEEDED KNOWLEDGE!

"But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was FOREORDAINED BEFORE THE FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD, but was manifested in these last times for you" (I Pet. 1:19-20).

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb [Christ] slain from the FOUNDATION OF THE WORLD" (Rev. 13:8).

God provided the circumstances so that Mankind was incapable of avoiding Sin, Read below !

Is anyone so naive and blind as to believe that God had prepared a Lamb, a Sacrifice, His SON, to be slain for the sins of the world at a time when theologians would have us believe God didn’t even KNOW there was shortly coming such a thing as SIN? God knew; God is smart! It was God Who created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil It was God Who placed it right in the middle of the garden to catch Eve’s eye. It was God Who made the tree particularly attractive and desirable. It was God who placed in the humans the desires and passions that would CAUSE them to partake of the forbidden fruit. It was God who placed Satan the serpent in the garden to tempt Eve and fill her head with the glories of enlightenment. It was God Who had ALREADY made preparation for their salvation through the slain Lamb of God.

Only ignorant and foolish theologians would ever charge God of being ignorant of the conduct and behavior of His own creation. It was not the temptation or deception entering INTO Eve that caused her to sin and bring separation from her Creator and God. It was what was already in her that caused her to sin. Proof:

"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies" (Mat. 15:19).

Notice it: "And when the woman saw [in her heart] that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eye [in her heart], and a tree to be desired [in her heart] to make one wise [an idol of the heart], she took [’For out of the heart proceed ... thefts...’] of the fruit thereof, and did eat" (Gen. 3:6).

Did you notice that last phrase "...and did eat"? It was not the "eating" of the fruit that made her a sinner -- she had ALREADY sinned by looking, lusting, and fantasizing about her potential wisdom. It was AFTER she sinned that she "did eat."

THE WORST SIN THAT WAS EVER COMMITTED & WE DID IT.

Sorry, but John Hagee’s "Romans only" theory has just bit the dust. So again: Who crucified our Lord and Saviour? And who is it that are to be forgiven because they know not what they do? "YOU ALL," "ALL THE PEOPLE OF ISRAEL," "THE HEATHEN," "THE PEOPLE," "THE KINGS OF THE EARTH," "THE RULERS," and "HEROD, PONTIUS PILATE, WITH THE GENTILES!!! Do you still think your name is left out of this list somehow?

The whole world is accountable for crucifying their Saviour Jesus Christ. But as it was done in "ignorance" (for they know not what they do), the whole world will be forgiven. So what do these things have to do with the lake of fire? Everything! I am trying to show you the mind of God. This is the way God thinks, and feels, and forgives, and LOVES! Since you haven’t learned these things in Sunday School, or Wednesday night Bible Study, or Sunday sermons, or even theological seminary, I am showing you them now. Weigh God’s Words very carefully.

The worst sin ever committed by the worst sinners in the history of the universe, was the cruel beating and crucifixion of Jesus Christ -- the Perfect Man and Son of God! Does anyone really believe that Ted Bundy’s crimes were worse than Crucifying the Son of God? Did the men immediately responsible (ultimately I’ve shown that we ALL were responsible) for His crucifixion show any remorse or repentance except Judas? Yet, Jesus Christ asked God to "forgive them" at the very time that they showed no remorse whatsoever.

Will the Father HEAR these words and ANSWER these words of Christ’s prayer? Are these just the sentimental words of Jesus that will not be heard or answered by a HARSH God in Heaven? Just Whose "words" are these, anyway? Where did these words of Jesus "forgive them" really come from?

Hope this helps to give us a better perspective about sinning, Samson.

Thanks, Samson. I remember reading this study by Mr. Smith, before. The 'fallen-nature' doctrine of devils is something that I went back to without realizing. You will find that I may in fact do this from time to time as the effects of heresy that I've heard most of my life haven't fully left as of yet. Most of the time, all I need is a reminder to get back-on-track. Yes, God created us as sinners. One circumstance that I recall when reading it before was that my eyes were opened to the Truth that God created us this way to bring us back up again. Here's Romans 8:18-23 in Concordant Literal.

Romans 8:18-23 (Concordant Literal)

18 For I am reckoning that the sufferings of the current era do not deserve the glory about to be revealed for us.
19 For the premonition of the creation is awaiting the unveiling of the sons of God.
20 For to vanity was the creation subjected, not voluntarily, but because of Him Who subjects it, in expectation
21 that the creation itself, also, shall be freed from the slavery of corruption into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
22 For we are aware that the entire creation is groaning and travailing together until now.
23 Yet not only so, but we ourselves also, who have the firstfruit of the spirit, we ourselves also, are groaning in ourselves, awaiting the sonship, the deliverance of our body.

Thanks, again!

:D

Kat

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 12:58:06 PM »

Hi HopeinChrist,

All have sinned and all sin is deserving of judgement. Would God put the ones who have ignorance of His will through judgement now or in the lake of fire? I think that God puts the poor and poverished people of countries through judgement now ( I don't have any Scriptural proof of this at the moment.) as they have never even heard the name of Jesus Christ. How then could they know the will of the Lord?

You say that you "think that God puts the poor and poverished people of countries through judgement now." Is that because you think that they are going through enough suffering now? Judgement in the lake of fire is not just recieving punishment. It's main purpose is to teach righteousness.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

Yes there will be those who will find correction for all their sinnful ways very tormenting, "many stripes." But I also think that there will be those eager to learn the truth and only need light correction, "few stripes." I think of John the Baptist and the phophets of the OT raised in the second resurrection, I would imagine that they will require some correction so as to overcome their carnal fleah, but maybe only a little.

But at this time judgement has begun on a few that God has chosen to prepare ahead of the rest, the Elect.

1Peter 4:17  For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

1Co 11:31  But if we judged ourselves truly, we would not be judged.
v. 32  But when we are judged by the Lord, we are disciplined so that we may not be condemned along with the world.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 03:33:17 PM »

You will find that I may in fact do this from time to time as the effects of heresy that I've heard most of my life haven't fully left as of yet. Most of the time, all I need is a reminder to get back-on-track.

Well, you're definitely not alone here! We are all emptying out our closet daily.  :D ;D

judith collier

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 05:36:38 PM »

Hi all.
Just came back from Nev. after a stay with my sister and brother-in-law. She mentioned her husband was considering joining a church. He has never attended anything Christian what-so-ever. He observed many good works by a church group.
So, like an idiot i talked to him. This man is 64 yrs. old and a lawyer so I never stood a chance to begin with, that's how bright I am. Dear God i mentioned the word "sin" and he about came unglued. but, thanks to training here and the holy Spirit I quickly remembered I cannot "save" anybody and I quickly reversed my tactics.
So, thanks to this thread I do not feel so bad because i said, "well, let's call it "missing the mark". I felt like I was a coward but better to let God have a go with him than me. I let the whole subject go, but i will pray for him to find the "Truth" which is Christ!
love, judy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 06:36:57 PM »

Hi Judy ~ welcome back...it is very difficult to learn not to take the bait...of good intentions!

Wonderful to see that Wisdom brought to you the Peace that passes understanding of the world and you ditched the baggage without causalities to your sweet heart and insight!

Arc

Revilonivek

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 06:37:07 PM »

The whole point here is to remember this,

Jesus died because God loves us so much, He wanted us to show us, he wanted us to SEE The Way past sin. He died so we could do the same. In Jesus, we see the full embodiment of God's character: compassionate, ultimately concerned about injustice, self-sacrificing, and unconditional.

God revealed his radical grace for all, It wasn't until I began to really understand grace: nothing we do (or don't do) will change God's love for us, When that radical truth finally started to set in, I asked, "Why? Why would God give us such grace and love for nothing in return?"

And then it hit me like a ton of bricks: so we could live fearlessly, love fearlessly, and act fearlessly for His glory with your life toward everyone. Unconditional love toward all, Both great and poor, worst sinners and good sinners alike. We are no different from that homosexual guy or that tax collector, or a thief. Once we unite, it is the Kingdom of God in perfection.

Just my two cents.

Denise

mharrell08

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2011, 09:48:34 PM »

OK i dont know if i'm being misunderstood, maybe its the way i'm writing it.

Forget the Cursing of parents.  Lets forget that entirely for a second.  Pretend it never even came up.

Aaron's point (the way i see it) was that in Leviticus they ordered children to die.

Aaron's point being now that Children are NO longer ordered to die in the New Testament.

The way i see it, Ray didnt address that today, we no longer order children to die.  He instead talked about the other bit.

Anyway, its not really a huge deal.

Actually, all sinners are required to die, as the OT states. It's just not in the literal sense that most assume it to be:

Rev 20:12-14  ...the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

I know that wasn't your main point Zander, just an observation that came to mind.  :)

Thanks,

Marques
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 17 queries.