bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: October 21, 2011 - Mark your Calendars  (Read 9359 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead

HopeinChrist480

Re: October 21, 2011 - Mark your Calendars
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:15:46 PM »

I guess he still hasn't learned his lesson.

:'(

Linny

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 12:01:36 AM »

It depends on the lesson. The one he learned is that people will still send him money.  ;)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:51:29 AM »

For those in Judgement upon "the House of God" ...the world already doesn't exist in the sense that the cares of the world are converted to the yoke of Christ whos burden is light.

Arc

Marky Mark

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 01:07:35 PM »

I guess he still hasn't learned his lesson.

Jer 18:4  And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.

Isa 30:28 ..... and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.

Isa 30:8  Now go, put it in writing before them on a board, and make a record of it in a book, so that it may be for the future, a witness for all time to come.
Isa 30:9  For they are an uncontrolled people, false-hearted, who will not give ear to the teaching of the Lord:
Isa 30:10  Who say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Do not give us word of what is true, but say false things to give us pleasure:

Exo 4:11  And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Isa 8:20  To the Law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because no light is in them.

Peace...Mark

crazy4bam

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

::)I believe this man needs to really, really read the bible! I forget where the scripture is but I believe it says "not even I know the day or the hour" I also think somewhere it says "I will come as a thief in the night". Mr. Camp also needs to give up his fortune this time, like all the people who followedhis saying the first time. ::)

Drew

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »

Someone may have already posted by now but Matt. 24:36 says:"Now, concerning that day and hour no one is aware, neither the messengers of the heavens, nor the SON; except the Father ONLY." How could he miss it? I don't know. However, it is all of God. ;)

dogcombat

Re: October 21, 2011 - Mark your Calendars UPDATE
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 04:21:48 PM »

Harold Camping suffered a stroke over the weekend.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/rapture-preacher-suffers-stroke-975352.html

I take no joy in his suffering.  May God's mercy be with him (for Camping is SPIRITUALLY BLIND and cannot see).

Ches

daywalker

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

For those in Judgement upon "the House of God" ...the world already doesn't exist in the sense that the cares of the world are converted to the yoke of Christ whos burden is light.

Arc

What an amazing reminder! Thanks! Back in my churchianity days I could never even remotely consider (what I though was) Christ's "burden"--of knowing He will destroy the majority of humanity, including friends and family in eternal judgment--as a "light" burden.  ???

Daywalker  8)

aktikt

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »

I have been considering this verse awhile.  In what way is the burden light?  It seems like we go through grievous pain and correction (James).  How is it light?
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 09:35:57 PM »

Hi aktikt,

Here is an email that will help you understand that verse better.

http://bible-truths.com/email3.htm ------------

Please pray for me. I know I am a spiritual coward and it shames me deeply.  
Do you know any scriptures for encouragement and renewed faith?

[Ray Replies]

I would be happy to give your some Scriptures of encouragement.

When we can see our faults and weaknesses and admit them instead of denying them, we are already on the way to recovery.

Of Course, Jesus is the answer to EVERYTHING. But maybe you have already heard that, but it may not mean that much to you. How does that really work in the real world?

Notice in Matt. 11:20 what Jesus was doing AND WHY HE WAS DOING IT:  

"Then began he [Jesus] to UPBRAID [reprove or correct them very sharply] the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, BECAUSE THEY REPENTED NOT"

That is the very same problem we have all had in our lives, WE DON'T REPENT OF THE THINGS THAT WE KNOW ARE WRONG.  Repent means to see it, acknowledge it, and get rid of it!

When you repent of your sins and evils you automatically feel better and God Himself will give you rest (SPIRITUAL REST) from all your very heavy burdens. A guilty conscience is probably the worst burden that anyone can carry. But you will never, ever, get rid of a guilty conscience until you begin to REPENT and change your ways.

Down a few verses Jesus tells us what will happen if we will REPENT and start to OBEY His commandments:  

"Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I WILL GIVE YOU REST! Take My yoke [this means to live your life with all its trials and tribulations, by living it CHRIST'S WAY] upon you, and LEARN OF ME [read your Bible and DO WHAT CHRIST SAYS TO DO and DON'T DO WHAT HE SAYS NOT TO DO]; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and YOU SHALL FIND REST UNTO YOUR SOULS.  For My yoke is easy [it will enable you to overcome the world, because Jesus overcame with world with His humble and meek attitude] and my burden light" (Matt. 11:28-30).

When you find that you're too weak to overcome your sins and faults, IT WILL DRIVE YOU TO YOUR KNEES!  You will call out to God, because you will know in your heart that you do not have the POWER to stop all of your sins. When you cry out to God He will hear, and He will give you strength and power to do what seemed so hard before.

Notice what fruit the Spirit of God will produce in your life:  

"But the fruit of the Spirit is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GENTLENESS, GOODNESS, FAITH, MEEKNESS, SELF CONTROL: against such there is no law" (Gal. 5:22-23).

We all want these qualities in our lives, but they only come by crucifying our old carnal, selfish selves.  The key is to: REPENT and OBEY. Read Matthew chapters 5, 6, and 7. They are filled with the things we are to do to find peace with God and peace with ourselves.

There are many Scriptures of encouragement, and you will learn them as you read and study God's Word. But you need a starting point and you need it RIGHT NOW!  STOP DOING the obvious wrong things that you are doing and go to God in prayer and ask Him to CLEAN YOU UP!  Trust me, he will answer your prayer.

Ray
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:51:29 PM by Kat »

aktikt

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 12:49:04 AM »

Thanks for your effort Kat.  I needed to hear this.
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Nan

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »

I did, too

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 09:48:31 AM »

Don't forget, today's the day. 

Craig

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 12:59:10 AM »

kat, your timely posting is so needed. sometimes i think i need to go back and start all over reading rays' bazillion old emails. and the lake of fire series. and all the sections on the bt homepage. so much there. so many, many, many hours of labor on ray's part. so grateful to ray. so thankful to our Lord.  :)

regarding mr. camping, one day he will be correct.  ;)

claudia

JohnMichael

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 02:42:07 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/radio-prophet-gone-airwaves-judgment-day-eve-011922225.html

Maybe, just maybe, this false prophet has been finally silenced. October 21st came and went without even a hiccup. Mr. Camping is spiritually blind, so I hold no ill will toward him. His teachings, on the other hand, are repulsive.

Seems like there's always been those that think that they can defy our Lord when He said, "No man knoweth the day, nor the hour..." and how He will "come as a thief in the night".

In Him,
John

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 03:42:47 PM »

I think he keeps getting more than just the date wrong.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 04:45:11 AM »

I forgot all about his new date!
oh well :-\

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 08:26:38 PM »

He's gotta keep tho 15 minutes going...bills to pay!
Elaine

indianabob

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 03:52:33 PM »

Correct Cypress,
Once a preacher gains a large following and hires employees and publishes and schedules speaking tours, he needs to maintain the flow of contributions. He has to keep people excited or they just lose interest and drop out.
Isn't that why knowing the truth about our real tasks provides us freedom, freedom from worries about pleasing people by saying all the "right things"?
We don't need to be constantly encouraged by what the preacher tells us, God takes care of the motivation personally, internally and faithfully.

Indiana Bob
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.