bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why forums?  (Read 4244 times)

jerry

Why forums?
« on: July 10, 2006, 06:17:12 PM »

Im wondering if forums really help or replace coming together as a group,Ive been involed in several and it seems kind of ugh void or somthing its not real fellowship and kind of inpersonal.To follow christ is somtimes a walk alone,some are like the churches of God(wchg) you feel worse after church than you did befor you got there......Jerry.

MG

Re: Why forums?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 07:02:50 PM »

I've searched for others for 15 years. It has just been my brother and myself for that long after God took us out of the church. I find it very refreshing to come here and be able to ask questions and talk about things that others actually understand. Not only have I felt like an alien in the world, but also like I speak a different language than everyone else does. No one has understood me except my brother. I have found no other place to come together. Paul did a lot of his fellowshiping and teaching through written letters when he couldn't be with them in person. I think this is similar.

jerry

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:54:41 AM »

Thanks MG and bobby I been talking to a freind of mine that I use to keep the sabbath and holydays with and  my step daughter is in prison on a drug charge and has been reading the bible and praying said she wants to start coming over to have bible study,I think maybe one day some kind of study group can get formed and I have my daughter to so thats four people,if its Gods will maybe something interesting can get started for a while a least.I like this forum dont get me wrong its helpful,but I think we should be out there gathering Gods lost sheep,I have it in my mind that the great sheperd has sheep out there that need to come together and comfort one another,like in the 35th chapter of ezekiel have you guys ever read that chapter it sure a beautiful description of how much Jesus loves all his lost sheep,He says in verse 16 I will feed my flock and I will make them lie down"says the Lord, wow!!! how loving,all those lost sheep will finaly be safe with their master.Another thing this chapter made me see a long time ago is God has sheep out there that he has already called out of the world and the worldly ministers and church members have rejected and pressed out with there selfrightousness and judgemental attitudes,they might pay a heavy price one day,but there out there,God will be done...................Jerry 

danagonzalez

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 03:21:36 AM »

Hi Jerry,  I feel a little strange talking on a forum, but I'm hoping to get used to it.  After trying it with an alien question at least I feel less isolated now. I like to read a post and find out what other believers are learning from the bible.  That is helping me to realize that  others are actually reading their bibles like I am.  I don't think that there are many at church who are.  I think people might even be more comfortable writing out their conversations and input.  I would love to have a bible study in my area with the truths as explained the way Ray teaches.  But, until then this is my only place to fellowship and share.  I'm really glad to be here, ya'll are a blessing, thank-you, Dana  :)

mongoose

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 11:26:38 AM »

jerry,
   I lurked at this forum just reading for quite a while before I started posting. Me talk with people over the internet...no way.  Then I felt like I had to respond to a post one day and...well, now I'm here posting more often.  I agree that it would be nice to have people to talk with in person but like so many here, I don't have that right now.  Without this forum, it is just me since I know nobody away from here who has the truth.  Yes, we often seem to have to walk alone when we walk with Christ but to be able to ask questions and talk with others who have similar beliefs is so wonderful.  It is like writing letters (as MG said), only using the computer.  Yes, perhaps it would be best if we could also find "lost sheep" in our own areas and I think it is great that you are trying to organize something like that.  But not all of us are called to teach or do that.  This provides all of us a place to come and talk with like-minded believers....a place where we can be safe to ask and answer questions and learn.  Would I have chosen this format if I had been the one making the decision....no way.  But I thank God that He led me here.  Peace and love to you.

mongoose
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.