bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A child's perspective of heaven  (Read 7075 times)

John

A child's perspective of heaven
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:09:10 PM »

The following is a conversation between my almost 3 year old granddaughter, Caroline Rose, and her mother, my daughter Carrie.  Please bear in mind that my daughter and her family are members of the Catholic church and therefore have a different view of religious matters.
Caroline:  Mommy, where is God?
Mommy:  In heaven
Caroline:  Mommy is my great mother (great grandmother) in heaven?
Mommy:  Yes
Caroline:  Mommy, great mother was sick and went to heaven?
Caroline:  Mommy, our dog Georgie is sick, will he go to heaven?
Caroline:  Mommy, is Shelly's baby in heaven?  (Carrie's friend had a miscarriage).
Mommy:  Yes, Aunt Shelly's baby was sick and went to heaven.
Caroline:  Mommy, is God sick?  Is that why He's in heaven?
Mommy:  No, God lives there and takes care of the people who are sick and come to Him.
Caroline:  Mommy, when I get sick will I go to heaven?
Mommy:  I hope not for a very, very long time! 

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: A child's perspective of heaven
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:39 PM »

Caroline:  Mommy, is God sick?  Is that why He's in heaven?

What a perfect deduction little Caroline made, considering what she was told! ;D   I love the innocent and unpretentious questions and responses that young children say. :)

René

cjwood

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 02:47:14 AM »

thanks for posting that one john.  it is wonderful to be able to be around young children, and interact with them. fascinating really.  rené, your observation about "is God sick?", is spot on.

i enjoyed the good laugh your post brought john. thanks again.

claudia

Duane

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:41:56 AM »

Isn't is sad that heaven is so generic that all loved one's and even pets go there when they die but the "lost people" are doomed to eternal torture??
Makes one want to be a pet, for eternal security! (in jest)

Samson

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »

Isn't is sad that heaven is so generic that all loved one's and even pets go there when they die but the "lost people" are doomed to eternal torture??
Makes one want to be a pet, for eternal security! (in jest)

Duane, Your above statement regarding " The Pet " is so true and consistent regarding a Male's deductive reasoning and even Caroline Rose(John"s Grand Daughter). Young innocent ones haven't been deceived long enough to just give "Pet" answers(No Pun intended),  ;D, like Adults. I remember a relative of mine stating a certain Dog of theirs going to Heaven recently, but Wicked Humans supposedly are less apt to get an opportunity, like this Dog. An Analytical Mind takes this to it's foregone conclusion and it doesn't make a lick of sense.  ::).

Kind Regards, Samson.

Duane

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:27 AM »

I always kind of wondered, if a dog is loved by it's owners and dies, or gets killed --the child/community is told that the dog is "in heaven" but what about the mailman's opinion re: the dog who bit him??
Who died for the dog's sin against humanity by biting the mailman?  Do horses, turtles (except Longhorn's) parakeets et. al go to heaven?  What kind of managerie would heaven be like?  Do the pets have a spiritual body (with no teeth)?  Who cleans up after the pets??
This kind of obsurdity could go on and on to the point of, what animals are excluded? Boa's? pigs? cows?
No!  the 4-H girl had a pet holstein cow (that won ribbons) that died--heaven for the cow??
What about " pet-peaves"? LOL

longhorn

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »

If Hank the turtle is not in a least the 2nd resurrection I'm really gonna be miffed.

Longhorn

Linny

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »

Duane! How funny you said that. I have said before I was always a good sheep.  :-\
But my dear husband would sit in the pew as a child and wonder about these things. He said it wasn't fair that he would have to go to hell when a stupid dog could do whatever and get into heaven. He would think he'd be better off had he been born an animal!

Oh, and Longhorn, you always crack me up.  :-*

Duane

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »

I wrote a PM to Langhorn that Hank would be chosen as one of "the Few' and would be FINALLY free of his "earthly shell" that restricted him from being "all the turtle he thought he could be"!  With his new body, Hank could "boo-ga-loo" with the the best of 'em. LOL
I thought I would share that spiritual insight with everyone as it was too eye-opening to limit (waste on) Longhorn.   ;)

P.S. Also with pets being in heaven, I never thought of that faithful family elephant in Africa, who moved logs for 40 years without complaining.  Certainly he would deserve a place in heaven, or the kangaroo in
Australia.!   Enuff, already!

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 10:16:42 PM »

Not sure if this is true. If it is, that's awesome! God's accuracy may be observed in the hatching of eggs.
For example:
-the eggs of the potato bug hatch in 7 days;
-those of the canary in 14 days;
-those of the barnyard hen in 21 days;
-The eggs of ducks and geese hatch in 28 days;
-those of the mallard in 35 days;
-The eggs of the parrot and the ostrich hatch in 42 days.
(Notice, they are all divisible by seven, the number of days in a week!)
God's wisdom is seen in the making of an elephant.. The four legs of this great beast all bend forward in the same direction. No other quadruped is so made. God planned that this animal would have a huge body, too large to live on two legs... For this reason He gave it four fulcrums so that it can rise from the ground easily.
The horse rises from the ground on its two front legs first.
A cow rises from the ground with its two hind legs first. How wise the Lord is in all His works of creation!
God's wisdom is revealed in His arrangement of sections and segments, as well as in the number of grains.
-Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind.
-Each orange has an even number of segments.
-Each ear of corn has an even number of rows.
-Each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains.
-Every bunch of bananas has on its lowest row an even number of bananas, and each row decreases by one, so that one row has an even number and the next row an odd number.
-The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in all kinds of weather.
All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks, and the Lord specified thirty-fold, sixty-fold, and a hundred-fold - all even numbers.
God has caused the flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day, so that Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the flowers that were open and those that were closed!
The lives of each of you may be ordered by the Lord in a beautiful way for His glory, if you will only entrust Him with your life. If you try to regulate your own life, it will only be a mess and a failure. Only the One who made the brain and the heart can successfully guide them to a profitable end.

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »

oneloved, i just read your post reply.  i sat amazed at the preciseness and creativity of our Lord God.  awesome stuff.  just awesome.  how great is our Creator!!!   8)

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 07:58:04 PM »

Me too onelovedread  ~  :)  ,,,beautiful thoughts and observations!

Thank you for posting

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.