bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for my dear wife.  (Read 7064 times)

Drew

Please pray for my dear wife.
« on: May 31, 2011, 12:58:25 PM »

Without going into great detail; my wife has been suffering for many years with degenerative cartilage in all of her joints which means that they are basically bone on bone. This creates much pain which is controlled with heavy doses of aspirin. So far, she says, this (the aspirin) gives her a certain amount of relief but she has just learned to live with a certain amount of discomfort (I know that it's more than a little). Added to that she has, what we believe, is arthritis in her right hand which distresses her because she is a computer graphics artist (she has mentioned that the pain limits her creativity). She complains very little (I catch her grimacing often) but when she does it breaks my heart that I can't do anything for her.  Bothers and sisters, please pray for her. :(

gmik

Re: Please pray for my dear wife.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 02:23:09 PM »

will do..

I can sympathize a bit as I have some of the same issues.

thanks for sharing and I hope our prayers will help her get some relief.

Drew

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »

Thank you gmik! I am already praying for you as well. Since you are dealing with some of the same issues, you certainly understand to a degree. Like minded souls understand that it isn't optional to give thanks in everything and we also know that it is impossible to do that, from the heart, apart from Him. She is aware and we had a brief conversation last night in that regard. It is a blessing, however, to share this request with brothers and sisters at this season.  :)
I was just remembering Gordon's post on Names. My wife's name is Lou Ann.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:18:24 PM by Drew »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 05:20:49 PM »

What a lovely thought Drew..."it is impossible....apart from Him..."....

Please give your lovely wife an extra hug today....she is part of all of us as we all wake to the Love of God...~ :)

You have done so much for her already, simply to have asked for prayer on her behalf...

Arc

Drew

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 05:32:45 PM »

And your response was also lovely, indeed! I wept for a moment because of it. Thank you for praying, Arc. God truly is everywhere. SA doesn't seem so far away when He's a factor. It's getting toward bed time for you and yours, eh. Pleasant dreams. ;)

HopeinChrist480

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »

I pray for your wife that she may be healed. May God choose to bless both of you.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 07:01:28 PM »

Hi Drew,

I'm sorry to hear your wife is dealing with so much pain daily. I think it says a lot that you are aware even though she does not complain, it's really good to see you're that sensitive to her. I pray that God will have mercy on Lou Ann and that you may be a comfort to her.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

JohnMichael

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »

Hi Drew,

I will pray for healing and comfort for you and your wife.

John

Drew

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

Thank you all. I must admit that it has only been relatively recent that the Lord in me has clearly said "I came not to be served but to serve...". That He would continue to prove that out in me for the sake of Lou Ann and my adult children who are living with us. Amen.

Samson

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:17:14 AM »

Without going into great detail; my wife has been suffering for many years with degenerative cartilage in all of her joints which means that they are basically bone on bone. This creates much pain which is controlled with heavy doses of aspirin. So far, she says, this (the aspirin) gives her a certain amount of relief but she has just learned to live with a certain amount of discomfort (I know that it's more than a little). Added to that she has, what we believe, is arthritis in her right hand which distresses her because she is a computer graphics artist (she has mentioned that the pain limits her creativity). She complains very little (I catch her grimacing often) but when she does it breaks my heart that I can't do anything for her.  Bothers and sisters, please pray for her. :(

Hi Drew,

Sorry to hear about Your Wife's painful condition, will Pray for Her endurance & hope that some strategy is found to either improve Her condition or reduce the amount of pain She currently has to endure. I don't know if there is such a thing. Never heard of that type of condition, IE- Bone rubbing against Bone, sounds like a lack of synovial lubricating joints too. Since Your Her Husband, You need Prayers too.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Drew

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 12:51:31 PM »

Bone against bone may be an overstatement, however, it is her description of how it feels. The degeneration of the cartilage is her Doc's diagnosis; years ago, the same Dr. did reconstructive surgery on one knee. She has tried supplements that are supposed to retard the degeneration, at least, but also aid in regeneration!? She (we) are predisposed toward natural remedies.
Absolutely, I am her husband; I have neglected her in many ways but I have a new heart (understanding) and want and need God's wisdom, there is no doubt. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. You well know!
Thank you, brother Samson.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:04:58 PM by Drew »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 01:14:26 PM »

Hi Drew

It is wonderful to think beyond one's physical location into the bigger picture...it is winter here in SA...cold and not miserable if we keep knowing that when others are in the dark and asleep, there is an entire boarderline of people waking up and still further...there are even more who have been awake all day ahead of us and there are those that will be waking up as we enter into the sunshine of the day ahead... :)... GOOD MORNING to YOU!...Have a wonderful day...and don't be forgetting to give that wonderful lady of yours a big HUG...this is the day the Lord has made...~ all sweet dreams and sunshine!

Arc

Drew

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 02:11:59 PM »

WOW, Arc! What a beautiful perspective!!! And yes, I took your advice yesterday and I will take it again this day. Thank you. Great Peace have they who trust the Lord. ;) Are you having a beautiful sunset?

Drew

Grace

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2011, 02:31:47 PM »

WOW, Arc! What a beautiful perspective!!! And yes, I took your advice yesterday and I will take it again this day. Thank you. Great Peace have they who trust the Lord. ;) Are you having a beautiful sunset?

Drew

:)  ;D

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:34:05 PM by Grace »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2011, 03:14:31 PM »

...I missed the sun set...and no wonder...in the cold grey winter...the sky is not as dazzling as in the summer time when the horizon lights up into a fire of orange, red and extraordinary fields of azure blue and white, purples and pinks. If you have ever experienced a sunset in a such flagrant opulence as I try to convey in my words here, then you'll know what I am talking about. It is a soul resounding experience of the vivacious creativity of Love putting a show on for us. God is Love.

The show surrounding me as I sent my message into the Forum, is warm and inviting like a hot bowl of soup on a winter day that is a grey cold color of slate in the sky, with the etchings of spider like fragility of the trees stripped bare by the icy cold. I typed the message from my warm room where the last roses from the summer garden, seem frozen in time and defy the conditions of the chilly whether outside!

A warm hug to you all enjoying the warmth of God with and among us...
When you give that special lady a hug, look her in the eye and smile too...a warm smile can break the chill of the harshest winters...~ :)

Arc

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »

When you give that special lady a hug, look her in the eye and smile too...a warm smile can break the chill of the harshest winters...~ :)

drew, i also pray for your wife, and yourself.  your words are genuine and reflect the love you have for your wife.  i have noted in blue above, a statement made by our arcturus, because it is such a short statement yet it speaks volumes to anyone who suffers from chronic pain, day in and day out, year after year.  this statement represents exactly how sometimes a chronic pain sufferer isn't looking for a cure by their family members, but instead just a hug and a smile.  compassion.   :)  drew, it is apparent that God the Father of Jesus Christ is working in your heart to understand and reflect this compassion towards your wife.  i have suffered with fibromyalgia and degenerative disc disease for the past 10 yrs and can empathize with your wife's frustrations.  my own husband (of 19yrs) is an unbeliever/agnostic.  i have seen him try to adjust to these medical conditions, see-sawing between being sympathetic and then screaming loudly at me that he is ''so frustrated that these conditions of mine affect what he wants to do".  and sometimes he will list how each major symptom caused by the fibro or degeneration, affects specific things that he would like to do but can't because my sleep patterns stay screwed up, or the pain gets so bad whenever i overdo around the house/yard/babysitting my great-nephew, that i can't do this or do that with him.  i sincerely do understand his frustration.  chronic pain in anyone is frustrating and can affect the whole family.  i guess what i am trying to say here drew is that i commend you highly for the compassion you are showing your wife, and want to thank you for the support you are giving your wife.  please forgive me drew, and everyone else if i have gone on too long.

claudia

Drew

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2011, 05:52:34 AM »

Thank you Claudia for your kind words of encouragement toward me ( I am undeserving and yet the Father is doing His Mighty work in me toward Lou Ann and I am thankful for that) and for your empathy toward Lou Ann. Yes, I took Arc's suggestion, that I give my Lady a hug and to look into her eyes and smile before I did, as coming from God; the response was beautiful to behold. I will continue to do just that, regularly, by God's grace. Mr. Smith's teaching and the blessed fellowship with you and other forum members is more than I expected. Oh, and no, you didn't say too much. What and how much was perfect and in the fullness of time. The evidence of God's "...working in us to will and to do His good pleasure" becomes clearer to me daily or almost so. I ask God to reward you and your husband with Blessings beyond what you could ever expect. What you are going through certainly sounds to be similar to what Lou Ann is experiencing. May God be Gracious to you. Amen. ;)

Drew

jingle52

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »

Hi Drew,
I'm so very sorry to hear about your wife's pains, I definitely agree with Claudia and commend your dedication to your dear wife who needs the assurance that you are there for her and that she is not a burden to you. It is so very important what you are doing. I pray that she will find a remedy to help her pains and suffering.
I have a friend who has been using fish oil capsules for a month and alternating it with arnica tablests the next month and she swears by it. She has been suffering from sciatica and rumetoid artheritis for a very long time now and has been feeling much better since starting this method. Drew, check this out with your doctor and see what he says... not everybody believes in homeopathic or alternative medicine...
God in His Mercy will help you find a way.
Blessings.

Claudia, I'm so sorry to hear about your medical problem too. I will pray that you find a solution and maybe check out the fishoil remedy too?
I do not want to seem eager with remedies, but I feel for you and hope your chronic suffering is alayed somewhat.
A big hug to you and Lou Ann.
Blessings

crazy4bam

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »

Drew,

I will pray for your wife and for you. I hope that you both feel all the love and support you both have here. You remind me of my lovely husband, he is strong when I am weak and he is always there to hold me when I need to feel that strength. Your wife and I are very lucky to have such strong, loving husbands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.