bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Discipline begats humbleness  (Read 4739 times)

orion77

Discipline begats humbleness
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:24:12 AM »

Dt 8:2
And remember all the way which Yahweh your Elohim caused you to go these forty years in the wilderness, that He might make you humble, to probe you so as to know what is in your heart, whether or not you shall observe His instructions.

Dt 8:3
So He made you humble and let you hunger; then He fed you with the manna which neither you had known, nor had your fathers known, that He might make you realize that not on bread alone shall the human live, for by every utterance from the mouth of Yahweh shall the human live.

Dt 8:4
Your garment has not worn out on you, nor did your foot swell these forty years,

Dt 8:5
So you know with your heart that just as a man disciplines his son, Yahweh your Elohim is disciplining you.

Dt 8:6
Hence observe the instructions of Yahweh your Elohim so as to walk in His ways and to fear Him.

Isa 61:1
The spirit of My Lord Yahweh is on Me, because Yahweh anoints Me to bear tidings to the humble. He sends Me to bind up the broken hearted, to herald to captives, liberty, and, to the blind, the unclosing of the eyes, and, to the bound, to take the jubilee,

Isa 61:2
to herald an acceptable year for Yahweh, and a day of vengeance for our Elohim. To comfort all mourners,

Isa 61:3
to give rejoicing to the mourners of Zion, to give to them beauty instead of ashes, the oil of elation instead of mourning, the muffler of praise instead of dimness of spirit. And they are called arbiters of righteousness, the planting of Yahweh, to beautify Himself.

Should we count our blessings, and glad to be disciplined by our Father to make us humble?  Seems like this is His plan for His people in each generation.

Isa 66:2
Yet all these were made by My hand, and all these are coming to be Mine,"  averring is Yahweh.  "Yet to this one will I look: to the humble and smitten spirit, and he who trembles at My word.

Isa 66:5
Hear the word of Yahweh, you who tremble at His word,  "Say do your brethren, who are hating you, who are isolating you on account of My name,  `Yahweh will be glorified!'  Yet He will appear in your rejoicing, and they shall be ashamed.

Ps 51:15
O Yahweh, open my lips, That my mouth may tell forth Your praise.

Ps 51:16
For You are not delighting in sacrifice, that I should give it; An ascent approach You are not holding dear.

Ps 51:17
The sacrifices to Elohim are a broken spirit; A broken and crushed heart, O Elohim, You shall not despise.

Ps 147:3
The One healing the broken heart And binding up their grievous wounds;

Ps 147:4
The One counting the number of stars, He is calling them all by their names.

Ps 147:5
Great is our Lord and vast in vigor; As to His understanding, there is no enumeration of it.

Ps 147:6
Yahweh is bolstering up the humbled ones, Abasing the wicked to the earth.

Seems the more and more I read His word, and through many keys that were opened through Ray's site, the more the church world is in total opposition to the word of God.  Do they speak these things in honesty?

Seems many like to preach and teach for praise from others, instead of directing the praise to God, who alone deserves it.  I thank God, I came upon this site, it is a refuge for the humble ones of God.

God bless,

Gary
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 10:26:28 AM by bobbys43 »

MG

Re: Discipline begats humbleness
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 03:01:01 AM »

Thank you. I needed to read these scriptures tonight.

danagonzalez

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 04:02:21 AM »

Thank-you, Orion77, these are good scriptures. I've had very humbling week and I'm glad.  I don't want to be a prideful fool and I sure do need reminding about it....Dana :-[

orion77

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 02:50:52 PM »

I think this is an interesting story, how God humbled King Nebuchadnezzar, who was king of Babylon. 

(Dan 4:30)  The king spoke and said, Is this not great Babylon that I have built for the house of the kingdom, by the might of my power, and for the honor of my majesty?

(Dan 4:31)  The word was still in the king's mouth when a voice fell from the heavens, saying, O King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is declared: The kingdom has been taken from you!

(Dan 4:32)  And you shall be driven from men, and your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field. You shall be fed with the grass like oxen, and seven times shall pass over you until you know that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of men, and that He gives it to whomever He desires.

(Dan 4:33)  The same hour the thing was fulfilled on Nebuchadnezzar. And he was driven from men, and he ate the grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of the heavens, until his hair had grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws.

(Dan 4:34)  And at the end of the days, I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted up my eyes to the heaven, and my understanding returned to me, and I blessed the Most High. And I praised and honored Him who lives forever, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and His rule from generation to generation.

(Dan 4:35)  And all those living in the earth are counted as nothing. And He does according to His will among the army of Heaven, and among those living in the earth. And no one is able to strike His hand or say to Him, What are You doing?

(Dan 4:36)  At that time my reason returned to me, and the glory of my kingdom, my majesty, and my brightness returned to me. And my advisers and my nobles sought to me. And I was reestablished in my kingdom, and excellent greatness was added to me.

(Dan 4:37)  Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and honor the King of Heaven, for all His works are truth, and His ways are justice. And He is able to humble those who walk in pride.

To be humbled by God produces the sacrifice He accepts, which is a broken heart and a contrite spirit. 

(Psa 34:18)  Jehovah is near to the broken of heart; and He saves the crushed of spirit.

(Psa 51:17)  The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

God bless,

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.