bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: In need of some clarification.  (Read 25371 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: In need of some clarification.
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »

Dear Zander

Throughout this Thread,  you exhibit vast reserves of patience, longsuffering and level headed integrity. Our brothers and sisters do the same as they rush to assist your quest and thirst to understand. 

In response to the maturity shown in the dialogue unfolding in this discussion, permit me to elaborate upon the perspective from where I view the dilemma that promotes your valid question.

We know that we are of the Body of Christ. There is One Body, and that IS Christ. At first glance, this might seem basic, rudimentary and acceptable, yet within this simple statement of Truth remains a vital spirit quickening realization.

We are of God. There is nothing outside of God. All is of God.

As the Body of Christ of which we are, then as fingers on a hand we are as one to another. One is the index the other is the pinky etc. Paul expounds this concept as follows.

Rom 12:5  So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

The discussion regarding the race and the winner points to the One who has already won the race. That One is Christ Jesus.

The discussion regarding first and second resurrection, harsh stripes and light stripes are also as one occurrence, as One Body of Christ.

If you be the hands and you get a wrap across the knuckles, then the Hands get the many stripes and the rest of the Body feels it albeit at a lighter stripe distance.  ~ We are one.

We are loved of the Father as The Father loves His Son.

I see no hierarchy in the Kingdom of God. 

Luk 22:26  But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.

Mar 10:31  But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Arc

rumpelstiltskin

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »

Hello Marques

I think we may be assuming an 'all or nothing' mentality when it comes to judgment in the next age. Not everyone to be judged in the next age LOF will be judged with wrath & indignation.

Jesus only heavily reprimanded the leaders of the church, not the blind masses. We have to remember that most non-believers didn't freely choose to be non-believers, but rather they were/are blinded [Matt 13:11, John 12:40, 2 Cor 4:4].

Even those who sit in church pews each Sunday and give an 'Amen' to all the souls they believe will be cast into a literal Hell, do so out of ignorance. Almost all would repent just as fast as Paul if there minds were opened at any time.

Those who know the truths of God, but deny them for their own personal gain, will be the ones judged with wrath & indignation. Not because they freely chose to me stubborn, but like Pharaoh, God has hardened their hearts to show His great signs & wonders [Ex 7:1-3].

Now that is something I have been searching after for years, coming from a family of non-believers, THANKYOU!! :) :) :)

Tom
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:22:49 PM by mharrell08 »
If you want to know what God thinks of money,just look at the people he gave it to
Dorothy Parker

daywalker

« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2011, 02:32:30 PM »

I think we may be assuming an 'all or nothing' mentality when it comes to judgment in the next age. Not everyone to be judged in the next age LOF will be judged with wrath & indignation.

Jesus only heavily reprimanded the leaders of the church, not the blind masses. We have to remember that most non-believers didn't freely choose to be non-believers, but rather they were/are blinded [Matt 13:11, John 12:40, 2 Cor 4:4].

Even those who sit in church pews each Sunday and give an 'Amen' to all the souls they believe will be cast into a literal Hell, do so out of ignorance. Almost all would repent just as fast as Paul if there minds were opened at any time.

Those who know the truths of God, but deny them for their own personal gain, will be the ones judged with wrath & indignation. Not because they freely chose to me stubborn, but like Pharaoh, God has hardened their hearts to show His great signs & wonders [Ex 7:1-3].

This is the conclusion I've been led to believe, too. I recall the time when Jesus saved the adulteress woman from being stoned, and the time He spoke with the woman who had been married 5 times and now was living with a man she wasn't married to. Neither time did He rebuke them, but instead showed great mercy to one, and revealed Who He was to the other. But then compare these with how He spoke with the Pharisees and Sadducees. He never hesitated to expose any of their flaws, and He did it out in the streets, the synagogues, the houses... in public for all to see! The message He was sending is so clear to me now, that it's amazing that I didn't see it before, and even more amazing that millions of "professing" believers don't see it!

But all in God's Timing.  :)

Daywalker  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.