bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My Journey from Genesis to Revelation  (Read 12083 times)

daywalker

My Journey from Genesis to Revelation
« on: June 09, 2011, 07:19:30 PM »

Hello All,

I apologize as I know this is technically "bragging" but I'm so excited about it and I don't know very many people who'd care too much. Three months ago, I decided I wanted to read the Entire Bible from Genesis 1 through Revelation 22 in order. I actually expected it to take about a year... there's no way I would've thought I'd be 273 days short!! (I'm not the type of person who can read for hours upon hours but somehow I just got locked in...  ;) )

Anyway, well, here's my journey... Peace! Daywalker  8)

*each day below is when I began reading each book*

Day 1: Thurs, Mar 10th... Genesis
Tues, Mar 15th... Exodus
Mon, Mar 21st... Leviticus
Wed, Mar 23rd... Numbers
Mon, Mar 28th... Deuteronomy
Weds, Mar 30th... Joshua
Weds, Mar 30th... Judges
Fri, Apr 1st... Ruth
Fri, Apr 1st... 1 Samuel
Tues, Apr 5th... 2 Samuel
Fri, Apr 8th... 1 Kings
Mon, Apr 11th... 2 Kings
Tues, Apr 12... 1 Chronicles
Thurs, Apr 14... 2 Chronicles
Mon, Apr 18... Ezra
Tues, Apr 19... Nehemiah
Wed, Apr 20... Esther
Thurs, Apr 21... Job
Fri, Apr 22... Psalms
Thurs, Apr 28... Proverbs
Sat, Apr 30... Ecclesiastes
Sun, May 1... Song of Solomon
Mon, May 2... Isaiah
Sat, May 7... Jeremiah
Wed, May 11... Lamentations
Wed, May 11... Ezekiel
Tues, May 17... Daniel
Tues, May 17... Hosea
Wed, May 18... Joel
Wed, May 18... Amos
Wed, May 18... Obadiah
Wed, May 18... Jonah
Wed, May 18... Micah
Wed, May 18... Nahum
Wed, May 18... Habakkuk
Wed, May 18... Zephaniah
Wed, May 18... Haggai
Wed, May 18... Zechariah
Thurs, May 19... Malachi
Thurs, May 19... Matthew
Sun, May 22... Mark
Mon, May 23... Luke
Thurs, May 26... John
Sat, May 28... Acts
Thurs, June 2... Romans
Fri, June 3... 1 Corinthians
Mon, June 6... 2 Corinthians
Tues, June 7... Galatians
Tues, June 7... Ephesians
Tues, June 7... Philippians
Tues, June 7... Colossians
Tues, June 7... 1 Thessalonians
Tues, June 7... 2 Thessalonians
Wed, June 8... 1 Timothy
Wed, June 8... 2 Timothy
Wed, June 8... Titus
Wed, June 8... Philemon
Wed, June 8... Hebrews
Wed, June 8... James
Wed, June 8... 1 Peter
Wed, June 8... 2 Peter
Wed, June 8... 1 John
Thurs, June 9... 2 John
Thurs, June 9... 3 John
Thurs, June 9... Jude
Thurs, June 9... Revelation

Day 92: Thurs, June 9... Bible Completed!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: My Journey from Genesis to Revelation
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »

I'd brag if I did the same thing. Congrats. How much of it do you remember?

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »

Well done, Chris.  I'm still not sure I could make it through Numbers.   :D 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Joel

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »

Hey Chris,
I have read the Bible through several times, don't know how long it's took to do so.(over a period of 35 to 40 years)
But one thing I have realized is that all the information is there tucked away some place in the old gray matter, and when I need answers sometimes the Spirit will remind me of a certain verse, or a phrase that will be the answer to a question or a problem I am facing.
What you have done is definitely time well spent. 8)

Joel

mmijares

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:21:01 PM »

That is definitely impressive Daywalker!
I wish I could do the same now.

However, although I have had read (2x?) the whole bible when I was much younger, now I don't intend to do it again.  What I need, want, desire to do is to read and read and read and absorb and absorb Christ's ALL WORDS.  I don't know why.  Of course the epistles (and of course the other books) are edifying too.  I just want to keep more (if not all) of Christ's words in my heart a lot closer.

Anyway, I wonder if you skipped reading the genealogies and the measurement, etc. of the temple in the OT...  I did, haha.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 05:18:46 AM »

Time is flexible! What can take a day, can take a life time. What can take a life time, can take a day.

Time can slow down or speed up!

Arc

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:13:11 AM »

I have never read the bible cover to cover from Genesis to Revelation.

Years ago I had a friend who read the bible cover to cover three times. But she could not tell me much of what she read. And, even if she could remember, she read it with 'church' eyes.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »

...yea....never judge a book by its cover ~ :D

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »

It was when I decided to read the bible cover to cover that I stumbled upon BT. Once I read through Deuteronomy and saw that tithing was not what my church was teaching, I eventually searched the internet and found Ray's tithing paper.

I eventually finished, but not in order. And like Joel said, every now and again, the Lord will bring a certain passage to mind when the subject arises. That's the favorite thing I got out of the experience.  :)

Great job Chris,

Marques

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »

I'm too busy reading Ray's papers to stop and read the bible. Just joking ;D

gmik

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 02:15:03 PM »

;D :D  Dear One, been there and done that too!!!

Anyone ever read the Chronological Bible...thats hard to get thru...I couldn't make it past a few pages.

daywalker

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 02:19:31 PM »

DENNIS: Thanks! I remember EVERY SINGLE WORD........ just kidding  :D .... You know I find myself continually amazed whenever I read the bible of all the things that pop out at me which go against the "church" doctrines that there are so many Christians out there who have read all these verses and not seen the Truth. But this only goes to show just how good God is at keeping the blind, blind and only opening the eyes of whom He wants to see. I feel so blessed just knowing what I know! I don't deserve to know...

DAVE: Yeah, Number was tough. Leviticus even tougher though.

JOEL: I've read all the books of the bible multiple times, but never before from start to finish. I hear what your saying too. I thank God every day for eSword as so often I've had a verse pop in my head or part of a verse and if it weren't for eSword I probably would still be looking for them.

MMIJARES: Believe it or not, I did read them. A bit exhausting, but I didn't want to be accused of "cheating". LOL

ARC: I enjoy your words of wisdom and tid-bits that you leave here and there throughout the forum.  ;)

MARQUES: Thanks bro! Funny thing I'm noticing as I read through the books of the bible more and more, I find a few verses that I knew already, but didn't realize they were in the same chapter...or sometimes part of the same passage or sentence! It makes me laugh a little...

ONELOVEDREAD: Hahaha, I totally hear ya! There's a few books that I've wanted to read but have been putting them off because I was determined on completing this mission.

GMIK: Ya, that definitely was a hard one!  :)

Thanks everyone! For the record, I didn't just gloss over the whole book; I took notes.... Lots! Ironically, several notes I took were ones I had already written down in the past but forgot. I would come along a verse and think "wow! I never saw that verse before!" But then later when I went to add it to my notes folder on my computer, I saw that I HAD already seen it, and taken notes on it, but forgot! I guess I've been learning a bit TOO MUCH, having a hard time organizing it all! LOL

Daywalker  8)

JohnMichael

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 03:13:51 PM »

Hi Daywalker,

I had a PM conversation with Kat about this one time. As I told her, I used to hate reading the Bible. I liked the stories, but the "so-and-so beget so-and-so, had so many sons and daughters, lived so many years" to infinity and beyond parts, or the diameters of the Temple, the Ark, or the Ark of the Covenant were an excellent cure for Insomnia.

After coming to the Truth, I suddenly find myself reading those very parts with captured interest. I never saw these verses before (for example):

Psa 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. [The word "good" is not supposed to be in there.]

Prov 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

If that doesn't fly in the face of "free will," I don't know what else would. I read right over those verses before. Just goes to show that whomever He has made blind will stay blind until He decides to give sight.

John

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 03:18:38 PM by JohnMichael »

daywalker

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 06:20:00 PM »

Hi Daywalker,

I had a PM conversation with Kat about this one time. As I told her, I used to hate reading the Bible. I liked the stories, but the "so-and-so beget so-and-so, had so many sons and daughters, lived so many years" to infinity and beyond parts, or the diameters of the Temple, the Ark, or the Ark of the Covenant were an excellent cure for Insomnia.

After coming to the Truth, I suddenly find myself reading those very parts with captured interest. I never saw these verses before (for example):

Psa 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. [The word "good" is not supposed to be in there.]

Prov 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

If that doesn't fly in the face of "free will," I don't know what else would. I read right over those verses before. Just goes to show that whomever He has made blind will stay blind until He decides to give sight.

John

Hey John,

What's even more amazing is when you present these two and several other simple, straight-forward verses to "free-willers" they basically deny that they are true! One time I used Paul's conversion as a perfect example of God overcoming man's free will and the person told me that I couldn't use Paul as an example because he was an exception!  ??? I responding with the question, so basically are you saying that Paul didn't have a free will? This email conversation was over a year ago, and I'm still waiting for an answer.........

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

If Christians only knew how hopelessly enslaved they are by the Babylonian System that falsely teaches them they are free!  :(

Daywalker  8)

Wonone

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 01:54:13 AM »

It is a blessing reading all your posts! Love you and bless you all!

I have been promissing myself another Genesis to Revelation journey for last two decades of my life, but the truth is BT has put the spanner into the works ;D. The big picture is still being adjusted  :o ... Just read Isaiah 40 - 45, and wow, what a Yahweh! Finally it is all making sense! PTL.

gmik

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 03:14:59 AM »

Hey Welcome....Wonone...post #1.....glad you are joining us.  BT does have a way of "finally making sense" to all of us!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »

...there is no where you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be....all you need is Love ~ ....it's easy ~ :D :) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4p8qxGbpOk

....all together now....~ :D  everybody...~  :)

Arc

Drew

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »

Hi Arc.
So, you're a Beatles fan too? Great music and great lyrics. Sounds like they almost believed in a Sovereign God, eh? They're destined to if they didn't! ;)

Drew

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2011, 06:54:55 PM »

~ :)....

...they sure sang for their supper...God knows their hearts!...I hope they have found peace that the world will not have given them.

Arc

Duane

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 01:00:31 AM »

I have read the Bible through many times in my lifetime but I enjoy it more NOW that B-T HAS OPENED MY EYES SO I KNOW WHAT
I'm reading!   It is interesting now to read "The Daily Bread" or hear Dr. Stanley on T.V. and KNOW WHAT THEY DON'T KNOW!
We, the FEW, are a priviledged bunch because God, thru Ray, has given us the "inside scoop" not available to the "called".  It is, like
knowing the secret code that unlocks the gems of God's word, or being the only sighted person, walking with a group of blind people
through an art gallery.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.