bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help  (Read 6298 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Help
« on: June 15, 2011, 03:56:25 PM »

I'm looking for some help, because I am too busy to do it myself.  I want scriptures showing that God directs everything.  He is in complete control and we have no free will.

I want specific verses that can be put in a list like the 100 Verses Proclaiming the 'Salvation of All thread

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11798.0.html

Straight up scripture with no ambiguity, will there be 10 or 100 or more?

Craig
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:16:20 PM by Craig »

Daddysgirl

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:31:44 PM »

Well, my two most favorite:

Ephesians 1:11

King James Version

11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will and;

Isaiah 46:10

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

Just love these 2 portions of scripture :)

Matty

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »

Hey Craig,here are a few...Would you like some fries with that too?  ::) :D 

Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Psa 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Pro 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Pro 1:33  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Pro 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Isa 48:17  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Psa 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Psa 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Isa 58:11 ...And the LORD shall guide thee continually,

Jer 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Psa 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine
heart.

Peace...Mark

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »

Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

Ecc 3:14  I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it

Eph 1:10-11  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

Dan 4:34-35  And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Prov 16:9  A man’s heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps.

Jer 13:23  Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Then may you also do good who are accustomed to do evil.

Matt 19:25-26  his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 10:26-27  they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Luke 18:26-27  they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Prov 21:1  The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD,Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.

Isa 14:27  For the LORD of hosts has purposed, And who will annul it?His hand is stretched out, And who will turn it back?”

Acts 5:38-39  And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it—lest you even be found to fight against God.

Rom 8:28  Now we are aware that God is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are called according to the purpose

Rom 11:36  For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Col 1:16-17  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creepers creeping on the earth.
Gen 1:27  And God created man in His image; in the image of God He created him. He created them male and female.
Gen 1:28  And God blessed them. And God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply and fill the earth, and subdue it. And have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the heavens, and all animals that move upon the earth.

Luk 11:2  ...........Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away...

Craig

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »

I'll start the list here of the replies like I wanted.  All the scripture you have given so far is helpful but these are what I'm looking for.

1)  Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will and;

2)  Isaiah 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure.

3)  Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

4)  Pro 16:9  A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

5)  Isa 48:17  Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

6)  Psa 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

7)  Isa 58:11 ...And the LORD shall guide thee continually

8.)  Jer 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

9)  Isa 46:10  Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure

10)  Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

11)  Eph 1:10-11  That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

12)  Prov 21:1  The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD,Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.

13)  Isa 14:27  For the LORD of hosts has purposed, And who will annul it?His hand is stretched out, And who will turn it back?”

14)  Rom 11:36  For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

15)  Col 1:16-17  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

16)  Luk 11:2  ...........Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

17)  Dan 4:34-35  And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation: And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

18)  Psa 25:12  Who is this--the man fearing Jehovah? He directeth him in the way He doth choose. (YLT)

19)  ob 42:2 "I know that You can do all things, And no plan of Yours can be thwarted."

20)  Psa 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. [The word "good" is an added word.]
                The original reads, "The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."

21)  Jer 18:6 ... Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

22)  Isa 64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

23)  Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

24)  Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

25)  Joh 15:16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...

26)  Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

27)  Joh 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

28)  Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ["in the thing" is a spurious phrase not in the original.]

29)  Job 14:16  For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?

30)  Rom. 11:36  "For OF Him, and THROUGH Him, and TO Him, are all things: to Whom be glory for ever.  Amen"

31)  Phil. 2:13  "For it is GOD which works in you both to WILL and to DO of His good pleasure" 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:53:20 AM by Craig »

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »

Yea, it's going to be tough to get many without the ambiguity.

I'm surprised you didn't list the quote from King Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel chapter 4. That entire ordeal was a huge statement from God declaring His sovereignty.  :)

Craig

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »

Yeah you are right, I added it.

Craig

Kat

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »

Job 12:10  In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.

Psa 25:8  Good and upright is Jehovah, Therefore He directeth sinners in the way.
Psa 25:12  Who is this--the man fearing Jehovah? He directeth him in the way He doth choose. (YLT)

dogcombat

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:24:27 PM »

Craig,

These are from Ezekiel 36 (KJV)

Ezekiel 36 (King James Version)
Page Options

Add parallel

<<
    <
    =
    =
    >
    >>

Show resources
Ezekiel 36

King James Version (KJV)

Ezekiel 36

6 Prophesy therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say unto the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen:

7 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that are about you, they shall bear their shame.

8 But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come.

9 For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown:

10 And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded:

11 And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

12 Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men.

15 Neither will I cause men to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord GOD.

24 For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

I highlighted where the Lord spoke I Have, I WILL, and CAUSE  to show that He indeed is sovereign.

Ches

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 01:46:01 PM »

Here's a good one:

Job 42:2 "I know that You can do all things, And no plan of Yours can be thwarted."

JohnMichael

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 02:47:32 PM »

Psa 37:23  The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. [The word "good" is an added word.]

The original reads, "The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way."

Jer 18:6 ... Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Isa 64:8  But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Joh 15:16  Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you...

Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Eph 1:12  That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Joh 12:31  Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
Joh 12:32  And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Joh 12:40  He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

Isa 65:1  I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Isa 55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ["in the thing" is a spurious phrase not in the original.]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 03:23:32 PM by JohnMichael »

tau

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 06:50:22 PM »

Here is few more  :)

2Sa 22:37  Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.
Job 14:16  For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin?
Psa 119:133  Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.
Jer 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Joel

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »

a couple more. :)

Romans 9:17
For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Joel

JohnMichael

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 02:22:54 PM »

Rom 8:28  And we know that God works all things together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
Rom 8:29  For whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be the First-born among many brothers.
Rom 8:30  But whom He predestinated, these He also called; and whom He called, those He also justified. And whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.