bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Appreciation for Writing/Questions  (Read 7218 times)

mikejody

Appreciation for Writing/Questions
« on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »

Greetings all,

A friend sent me the website for Ray's writings a few days ago and I've been studying a lot and appreciating much of what is written. Specifically God saving every man, woman and child is a delight and joy to read as I've thought Scripture taught this for a long time as well.

I have a question regarding Ray's denomination or religion. I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find it anywhere. Is Ray a member of a particular denomination and/or does he attend church?

Also, I see where Ray is going to be starting a study in his home, is there a way we can find out when and where this will be? I'd love to attend and listen and learn some more from Ray himself.

Thank you all for the writings here, I'm really appreciating much of what I'm reading.

grace and truth,

Mike

JohnMichael

Re: Appreciation for Writing/Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums.

Question 1: Unlike Babylon, we are not part of a particular "church" (lowercase c on purpose) or denomination. We are simply a group of people that God brought to bible-truths to learn His Truth. We are followers of Christ, yoked with Him.

Question 2: If you are interested in attending Ray's Bible Studies, they are held on the first Sunday of every month at his home. You will have to contact him for further information if you desire to attend.

Hope this helps,
John

mikejody

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »

Thank you so much, John.

So just to be clear, by your answer here you understand churches (lower case c)/denominations to be part of Babylon that true believers are to come out of. I take it that means that Ray (and I assume those who study his writings) do not go to a particular church/Babylon?

The main reason I was asking was because I was hoping that Ray would "call the elders" since he was sick. Possibly he has already done this. We are just praying for him is all and hoping to hear good news about his health!

Thank you for letting me know about Ray's study, I do hope it is near us as we would love to go.

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums.

Question 1: Unlike Babylon, we are not part of a particular "church" (lowercase c on purpose) or denomination. We are simply a group of people that God brought to bible-truths to learn His Truth. We are followers of Christ, yoked with Him.

Question 2: If you are interested in attending Ray's Bible Studies, they are held on the first Sunday of every month at his home. You will have to contact him for further information if you desire to attend.

Hope this helps,
John

markn902

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:00:35 PM »

Hi
I can't speak for everyone here but I do not go to any church and the freedom that has brought is monumental! I have bible studies with family and Jesus is the teacher. Ray does not go to any church and has said in one of his emails/responses that he is a "member of the body of Jesus Christ" as it is stated in the scripture. (I believe I quoted that correctly)  :)

Linny

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:13:06 PM »

Hi Mike and welcome!
Here are some responses by Ray about church...

Funny you should ask "where" one should go to worship, and where I go to worship.  Someone once asked Jesus this very question, and so I will give you His answer:

"The woman said unto Him, Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet.  Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and you [you Jews] that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship....Jesus said...You worship you know not what...but the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers [do you want to be a "TRUE" worshipper?] shall worship the Father IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH:  for the Father seeks such to worship Him" (John 4:19-23).

If you go to "a church" composed of people who are NOT "like-minded believers of the truth," as yourself, how is it that you think that you can "fellowship" with them?  "Be ye NOT unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what FELLOWSHIP has righteousness what unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness....WHEREFORE COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE, says the Lord...." (II Cor. 6:14-18.  See also Rev. 18:4).

God be with you,
Ray 

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1584.0.html ---

The sugar-coated candy religion of Christendom appeals to lusts of the carnal mind. When God begins to humble us of our carnal mind the church looses its luster and the candy is no longer sweet.  God isn't calling us to a feel-good religion.  What feels good is the truth, even if the truth is often painful it still feels good because the destiny of Christ's religion is eternal righteousness and love for all.  There certainly is nothing good about a heaven that allows its guests to view their grandmothers and grandfathers, and maybe even their own children, being tortured in a fire of an eternal hell.  As Paul stated: "Yes woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel."

God be with you,
Ray 

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1304.0.html ---

No, you will not have success in converting your pastor.  Neither would I have success at such an impossible task.  People ask me about "where to go to church" almost on a daily basis. They know that their church and all other churches that they know of, do not teach the truth (worse: they teach lies and heresy).  And so they think that maybe I know of a church a few blocks from where their home or a few miles from their home that does teach all of the truths of God.  Sorry, there is not such thing that I am aware of.

If there were churches scattered through BABYLON THE GREAT WHORE, then there would be no need for God to admonish those whom He is choosing, to "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE" (Rev. 18:4).  Are we to just come out of her spiritually, but remain good social friends with them on a weekly basis?

Church is not now and never was, a physical building to congregate in to worship God.  Could all the hundreds of thousands of Israelites congregate inside the tiny little tabernacle in the wilderness?  Could ALL JUDEA congregate in the tiny Temple in Jeruslem every sabbath?  The synagogues became corrupted and the churches today are corrupted.  So where do you want to go?  If you want fellowship why not join a social club and keep the false religion out of your fellowship.

Jesus taught us that we are to worship God in spirit and in truth, not in this mountain or in Jerusalem, or in a building, or another other "place" that is corrupted.  I can't tell people what to do. If "christian fellowship" means more to them than "Godly worship," then I guess they just  have to keep looking.

Being a follower of Jesus Christ was never designed to be a "feel good religion" as many christian churches promise if you join their particular tents on living a worldly life for Jesus.  I truly never miss, "CHURCH"!  I "go to church" every time I open my Bible."

Revelation of John 14:8:
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation of John 18:2:
And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Revelation of John 18:4:
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.

NOT FORSAKING THE ASSEMBLING OF OURSELVES TOGETHER
In Hebrews 10:25 were are admonished as follows:
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching."

That this is speaking of believers congregating together to worship and study God’s Word, there can be no doubt. However, there is a much deeper meaning to this "assembling" that few have ever seen. I never saw it myself until I read a paper by J. Preston Eby, entitled: "FORSAKE NOT THE ASSEMBLING."

I will quote an excerpt or two from his paper:
"The Greek word for ‘assembling’ is EPISUNAGOGE. The word, literally, is a verb meaning to synagogue. It is a compound of the Greek prefix EPI with the word SUNAGOGE from which we get our transliterated English word Synagogue. EPI means super – imposition – that which is above, higher than, highest, upon. SUNAGOGE means a meeting, assembly, or gathering. Putting these two words together, EPI-SUNAGOGE means THE ABOVE SYNAGOGUE, THE HIGHER MEETING, THE HIGHEST ASSEMBLY, THE HIGHER-THAN-ALL-GATHERINGS!

It bespeaks of something far greater than merely collecting so many breathing bodies together in one place.
It is a meeting in a higher realm, on a higher plane, in the high places of the Spirit, and in the heights of Truth. It is a gathering together in a dimension above. It indicates an assembling IN THE SPIRIT…"
(All Caps belong to Mr. Eby).

This Greek word episunagoge is used only one other time in Scripture, and that is in II Thes. 2:1:
"Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together [Gk: episunagoge] unto Him."

In Hebrews 10 we are admonished to "assemble" in an high meeting, a meeting in the SPIRIT! In II Thes. 2 this meeting in the Spirit will become a literal meeting with our Lord.

And so, back to our question once more: Which denomination should we join? Where should we go to Church? Where should we "forsake not the assembling of ourselves together?" In a physical building of some physical denomination? No. WE are to episunagoge (assemble) on a higher plane, in a higher realm, in a spiritual assembly, IN THE SPIRIT!

Kat

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum  :)

Also, I see where Ray is going to be starting a study in his home, is there a way we can find out when and where this will be? I'd love to attend and listen and learn some more from Ray himself.

Ray had monthly Bible studies up until his illness a few years ago. When he determines to have oa Bible study it will be announced on his BT site and here. We did have one a couple months ago and he does want to have a follow up to it. He is researching and studying and it may well take months before he is ready to have another one.

I want to give you some links to some of the stuff we have available here that you may want yo check it out.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Videos
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8227.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Ray's 2008 Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8256.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

JohnMichael

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 01:37:40 PM »

Thank you so much, John.

So just to be clear, by your answer here you understand churches (lower case c)/denominations to be part of Babylon that true believers are to come out of. I take it that means that Ray (and I assume those who study his writings) do not go to a particular church/Babylon?

The main reason I was asking was because I was hoping that Ray would "call the elders" since he was sick. Possibly he has already done this. We are just praying for him is all and hoping to hear good news about his health!

Thank you for letting me know about Ray's study, I do hope it is near us as we would love to go.

Responding to the part I bolded, the general answer to your question is yes. Any church you see on the highway or roadside is a daughter of Babylon. Ray writes about this in his paper, "The Synagogue of Satan - There's One Near You." http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html God does indeed command His chosen to "Come out of her, My people that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not her plagues." (Rev 18:4)

There are some who may still attend churches for various reasons, but they no longer see the messages in the same light as they did when they were still spiritually blind and deceived. First comes the physical, then the spiritual. :)

Blessings,
John

Edit: Misquote fixed
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:52:38 PM by JohnMichael »

markn902

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 01:21:21 AM »

boy they nailed it in the last few responses."Revelation of John 18:4:
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues. "

that is a huge step for all of us when it happens..we let go of the importance and reverence that we gave to "learned" people in the church. Up to this point we gave our trust and hearts to pastors, elders, priests, what have you.

At this point we smash that middleman and learn true faith in what we cannot see or touch. It's scary as some of these values have been taught to us since we were little children and we have come to associate these organizations with God and vice versa. At first it goes against the grain of everything we feel but as we go forward we feel something else. This something else is Love..liberating, all encompassing, and true.

Sorry to go all dramatic on ya but I am recounting how it felt for me. I hope it feels the same way for you  :)

grapehound

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »

Way to go Markn902 !

Linny, thanks for those awesome links of Rays.

Grape x

Wonone

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:42:15 AM »

God is good! Truly good!

About an hour ago, as in a fog, it struck me: If I am too grow, I need the fellowship of similar minded people, who wrestle with similar questions! And BT forum came to mind.

Then, do not tell me it is an accident, I come across Linny's:
If you go to "a church" composed of people who are NOT "like-minded believers of the truth," as yourself, how is it that you think that you can "fellowship" with them?  "Be ye NOT unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what FELLOWSHIP has righteousness what unrighteousness? and what communion has light with darkness....WHEREFORE COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE, says the Lord...." (II Cor. 6:14-18.  See also Rev. 18:4).

God truly directs our steps. It is astonishing to what extent God is in control!

Blessings and welcome Mike!

Lazar

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 01:46:45 PM »

Hello Mike, and welcome to the forum!

I thought this may be of great help for you and the questions you have regarding Ray and his teachings. Along with his articles on the main BT site, he has also provided many answers in his emails to various people. Here is a categorized list of all his emails. I recommend saving this link in your favorites:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3108.0.html

Godspeed,
Christopher  8)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 03:21:23 PM »

God is good! Truly good!

About an hour ago, as in a fog, it struck me: If I am too grow, I need the fellowship of similar minded people, who wrestle with similar questions! And BT forum came to mind.

Then, do not tell me it is an accident, I come across Linny's:

God truly directs our steps. It is astonishing to what extent God is in control!
Blessings and welcome Mike!

Lazar

Welcome Mike and welcome to you, as well, Lazar. :)

Lazar, your comments are right on target and I am delighted you are being blessed to see these truths!

René
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.