bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sons of Noah  (Read 5423 times)

gmik

sons of Noah
« on: June 18, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »

Has Ray or anyone ever talked about Noah's sons??  Did they Actually repopulate the entire world?  It is hard to think of Asians and Africans and so many other ethnic groups coming from Ham, shem and Japheth. 

I don't want a debate here....just I can't find anything that Ray says..so anything from Ray will be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Well, while I am on it I think that Noah and the world wide flood was discussed at Ray's Nashville conf.

mharrell08

Re: sons of Noah
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »

Has Ray or anyone ever talked about Noah's sons??  Did they Actually repopulate the entire world?  It is hard to think of Asians and Africans and so many other ethnic groups coming from Ham, shem and Japheth. 

I don't want a debate here....just I can't find anything that Ray says..so anything from Ray will be appreciated.  Thanks!!

Well, while I am on it I think that Noah and the world wide flood was discussed at Ray's Nashville conf.

Excerpt from 2008 Nashville Conference (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8385.msg79731.html#msg79731):

But now I want to show you something from the bible.

Gen 10:1  Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
v. 2  The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
v. 3  And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
v. 4  And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
v. 5  By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands…

By these three sons they didn’t form the nations of the isles.  By these they divided the isles of the Gentiles.  See that?  These were the take charge people. These were the people that knew a lot… they knew how to build arks.  They had instruction from God.  They were trained by their father Noah.  They went out to the isles of the Gentiles.

Gen 10:5  …divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

What tongues?  You mean Ham, Shem and Japheth spoke three different languages?  Can you see this?   Did you ever see that in the bible before?  No.

I’ve got hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages more on the flood.  I didn’t bring it with me.  Even what I brought with me I can’t go through it all.  So we’ll end with that.  Is that enough?  Are you convinced now?  The earth is very old and there was no global flood.  But there was a flood, and God destroyed the whole land and everything that was in it.  Then he went out and his three sons kind of took charge, divided up the nations and the Gentiles.  Of course they all went their wrong ways after that as well. 

So in concluding this series I want to talk a little bit about the creation and something that I found.  Maybe you won’t think there is anything to it, I don’t know.  I thought it was very profound.

I only posted a snippet from this subject...you can follow the link for additional info.

Marques

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 08:00:32 PM »

Hi Marques and Gena,

As Gena says I don't want a debate here, but something eludes me.
If the flood was local and there were other extensive tribes in other continents and "adam" was taken from those other tribes and enlightened by God, aren't we still left with the question of where the other tribes came from and how they arrived on the earth? Was there a first couple who reproduced offspring on other continents? OR Do we suppose that they were planted here en masse by God, fully developed to survive but without intellect? Or did they evolve from amoeba in the sea?
I confess that I am confused by this dialog and perhaps am missing some details that were previously discussed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Indiana Bob

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »

I confess that I am confused by this dialog and perhaps am missing some details that were previously discussed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Indiana Bob

The link from my comments above will take you to the 2008 conference transcript. It was at this conference that Ray began to teach about a number of subjects from the book of Genesis, including whether Noah's flood was local, the length of a day or 'yom', and how God obtained knowledge.

This conference started on a Saturday and lasted until Sunday morning. But on Friday, there was a small, informal session with Ray where he spoke at length on the idea that Adam & Eve were not the first humans. He only briefly mentions this at the actual conference:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8385.msg76394.html#msg76394--------------------------------------

So He made the fowl of the air and the fish in the sea and on the next day before He made the first humans…  I’m not sure that was Adam and Eve, because Adam comes along in chapter 2.  But God said in verse 25, “And God made the wild-beast of the land after its kind, and the tame-beast after its kind, and every creeping thing of the ground, after its kind.”

Ray taught that he believes there is a significant amount of time between God creating male & female in Genesis chapter 1 and God making Adam & Eve in Genesis chapter 2. Not only that, Ray also showed the Hebrew has different words to describe God 'creating' males & females in Genesis 1 compared to God 'making' Adam & Eve in Genesis 2:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9502.msg80842.html#msg80842----------------------------------------------

In Genesis it says, “in the beginning God created,“ the word is bara and it means to bring in something new, something really new.  In Exodus 20, it says “for in six days God made…”  First of all, even the translators knew not to put create.  They put “created” in Genesis 1:1, but not in Exodus 20:11.  Why didn’t they put, for in six days God created the heavens and the earth?  Because He didn’t do that in six days.  Then what did He do in six days?  He “made” the heavens and the earth.  What’s the difference?  All the difference in the world. 

In Genesis 1:1, He brought into existence everything that exists in the universe.  From day one through day six He formed all of that into everything as we now see it in the universe.  Two totally different operations.  Totally, totally different, they are not synonymous. 

The word bara (created) and the word asah (made) are two different words and they mean two different things.  In the beginning He created it all, it was all there.  But it wasn’t until certain things transpired before He began His work of asah.

And again, this was spoken at length only at the informal session, not the actual conference. We have had a few members, who have believed that there were earlier humans than Adam & Eve for some time, take the information from this informal session and brought it to the forum. That's why it continues to come up from time to time.

If anyone does not agree with this premise of earlier humans, just know it's not worth debating. If it offends you, I can only suggest to steer clear of the subject when it arises. The moderators try not to let it run too rampant, but the purpose of the forum is about Ray's teachings, whether formal or informal. Too many members attended the informal session to just ignore.

Hope any and all members understand,

Marques

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »

Thanks for the help Marques,
Bob

gmik

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 01:20:35 AM »

Thats exactly what I wanted.  Thank you so much.  I was thinking it was the conference of 2007??  This takes some time to read (well, reread and rehear in my case) and study!!

Thanks again Marques.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.