bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Gen 1:27) And "creating".... Need help with this translation.  (Read 4409 times)

avoiceuphere

I have searched the forum for this answer before I posted. I like the CL translation of "creating" as it lines up with the other scriptures and God's final plan. I am having a hard time finding this word translated creating in any other version of the scripture and the Strong's does not specify it this way. What other concordance or tool can I use to see how the translator in the CL came to this conclusion? I have only been at this a year and I know I am lacking tools and the correct reference material. Any help would be appreciated. I heard one of Ray's audio or maybe read one and he mentioned this verse and the CL translation.

(Gen 1:27)  And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female He creates them.

Best,

-Jeremy

mharrell08

Re: (Gen 1:27) And "creating".... Need help with this translation.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »

I have searched the forum for this answer before I posted. I like the CL translation of "creating" as it lines up with the other scriptures and God's final plan. I am having a hard time finding this word translated creating in any other version of the scripture and the Strong's does not specify it this way. What other concordance or tool can I use to see how the translator in the CL came to this conclusion? I have only been at this a year and I know I am lacking tools and the correct reference material. Any help would be appreciated. I heard one of Ray's audio or maybe read one and he mentioned this verse and the CL translation.

(Gen 1:27)  And creating is the Elohim humanity in His image. In the image of the Elohim He creates it. Male and female He creates them.

Best,

-Jeremy

FYI: http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Gen&c=1&v=1&t=KJV#conc/27

This is a link to the Blue Letter Bible site. It has an online concordance and if you look to the right of the word 'created', you will see a link for 'Tense'.

A tense is used in grammar to express distinctions of time (examples: Past, Present, Future) for a verb. As you can see from the concordance provided, the tense of this word 'create' is the imperfect tense. And the imperfect tense is used to show an action that happened in the past, but also, continues to happen. A 'continuing action' but one that did not start in the present, for better terms.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kat

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:28 AM »

Hi Jeremy,

Here are a few emails that Ray talks about sources he uses in his studies.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3558.0.html -----

I use a Nelson #1755 King James Bible for study and teaching.
I also recommend: The Concordant Literal Translation, Rotherham's Emphasized Bible,
and The Emphatic Diaglott.
Get e-Sword for you computer, and/or Strong's Expanded Exhaustive Concordance,
and Wigram's The Englishman's Hebrew and Greek Concordances.
And maybe a good Bible Dictionary. (I don't know of a good one, so just buy one).
That's all you need.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3559.0.html ---

e-Sword is keyed to Strong's Concodrance numbers. That's why you
also need Wigram's which is also keyed to Dr. Strong's Concordance, but it has
the benefit of seeing where every Hebrew and Greek word is translated differently
from the word or words that one might look up in Strong's Concordance alone.
You can add other translations to e-Sword to compare translations, but only the
King James is used to show from which Hebrew or Greek word each translation
in the King James comes from.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7786.0.html -----------

I use an exhaustive Concordance like Strong's, and Wigram's Englishmans  Hebrew and Greek Concordance,  not to learn doctrine, but to verify the facts that God has shown me from Scripture.  I have no way of explaining how God shows me the Truths of His Word. Many people have asked me "who" taught me the things I write about, or what "books" I learned these things from?  I have learned a few things from a man, before I proved them for myself from the Scriptures.  Universal reconciliation and the truth concerning tithing would be two examples.  But the hundreds of pages of material that I write concerning these and other Truths, I learned from no man.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5271.0.html ------------

I mostly ask God to show me His truths as I read the Scriptures. Most of the time my mind is opened to a specific truth, which I then explain from those Scriptures themselves. Also, I often go to my Concordance and different translations to help verify for my readers, that which I see is truly Scriptural. I have a dozen different translations, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible, Wigram's Englishman's Greek and Hebrew Concordance, a Bible dictionary, and that's about it. I have "e-Sword" on my computer for quick location of any word in the Bible.  I do not learn what I teach out of books. But I do use books often to help verify what God is showing me.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3700.0.html ---------

I sometimes spent five or ten hours on one word or phrase in the Scriptures. Sometimes weeks. Sometimes I entertain a thought or Scriptural phrase FOR YEARS AND YEARS before God opens my understanding to it. Then I take twenty minutes to write it down in a paragraph. Why would you not rather read my paragraph than take YEARS AND YEARS to come to the same understanding by your own independent study?  I wish I had someone to go to like me to learn the things that often take me years to learn. Have you read all of the material on my site at least three times? Do you UNDERSTAND all of the material on my site?  Then maybe you need to start reading again. Paul told timothy to STUDY. If it didn't require study, then I don't think Paul would have told Timothy to study, nor would Paul have (in his old age) requested that they bring him the scrolls that he left behind.  Also trust me when I tell you that a lot of great study tools will not teach you the truths of the Scriptures . Most Bible Scholars have a hundred times more Biblical study aids than I have.  Only God can show you His Truths. Study aids can help verify those truths, but those study aids will not teach you spiritual truths.

God be with you,
Ray

avoiceuphere

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »

Thank you both! This is great info. As soon as I am off work I will be hunting and searching, I already see the nuggets twinkling in these replies! Thank you again.

-Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.