bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cain's Question  (Read 3181 times)

JohnMichael

Cain's Question
« on: July 02, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »

I am not putting this in General Discussion because I don't feel this topic is of great importance, but it is a question that causes me to ponder.

Gen 4:9  And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

I will admit that I used this particular answer on my parents once when I was younger to no avail. My brother had broken one of my mom's knick-knacks, and she asked me, "Why weren't you watching him?" I replied, "Am I my brother's keeper?" Needless to say, the rest of the incident did not go in my favor. :D

I've always viewed this response as Cain "cocking an attitude" with God. However, do the Scriptures answer this question? Are we our brother's keeper?

This is just for fun and intellectual discussion (why I put it in off topic). Feel free to give Scriptures to support your viewpoint.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.