bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LOVE OF GOD  (Read 10652 times)

geokuhns

THE LOVE OF GOD
« on: July 03, 2011, 01:35:13 AM »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: THE LOVE OF GOD
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 02:01:40 AM »

very interesting stuff george. 

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 06:04:54 AM »

There are no accidents!

Great symmetry to human limitation, may appear as chaos, yet there remains the signature of great Design, Purpose and Order that comprise the thoughts of our Creator who is Love.

Rom 5:20  Now Law was brought in later on, so that transgression might increase. But where sin increased, grace has OVERFLOWED;
Rom 5:21  in order that as sin has exercised kingly sway in inflicting death, so grace, too, may exercise kingly sway in bestowing a righteousness which results in the Life of the Ages through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thanks George!

Arc

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:07:59 AM »

I hate to rain on the parade but  Love of Satan equals 130%.  Babylonian gobbledygook.  Some minister in some church in the last week has given a sermon with this message and all the people were amazed.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 09:55:11 AM »

LOL Craig ~         

"..rain on the parade" over takes hard work, knowldege, attitude, the love of God and even leaves the love of Satan in the dust in a wopping lead of 149% ! ~ :D   

~ light hearted banter! ~ .... 187% ~

SEVEN MEANS COMPLETE ~  LOF 7 ~  :D :) ;D

Arc

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 12:59:47 PM »

I hate to rain on the parade but  Love of Satan equals 130%.  Babylonian gobbledygook.  Some minister in some church in the last week has given a sermon with this message and all the people were amazed.

Craig

IMO, there is a lot of "seduction" in this video.  It pulls you in, frame-by-frame, with mathematical facts which ultimately are used to seduce you into accepting its final message.  Even the music is perfectly inserted to add to the build up. :D

I receive emails, on almost a weekly basis, with beautiful, loving messages from well meaning "Christians" that usually instruct me to forward on to someone I love or want to bless.  I never forward these "chain messages" on, because IMO, they are full of superstitions. :P

René

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 02:58:21 PM »

Going off topic a little here George ~ :)

Rene raises a very important issue!

Some of the most beautiful heartfelt messages I’ve seen, carry the sting of the superstition hook at the end of them that if snagged, can do more damage than good tempting attention to  issues of superstition in religious hobbyist mode of offense.

To return the complement and sentiment in corresponding to some of the magnificent messages I received, I recently sent back a response by forwarding something I found insightfully useful which, not on purpose, went not too far over the head of the recipient hitting the apple on their head, right to the pip! I tried not to hit too far over the head into the tree! Lol or too far down into their feelings to gouge out an eye or hit them in the heart to kill the friendship.

Sure, it’s great to drop the bow and arrows and sit under the tree to indulge in the fruit of the Spirit, yet that can only be enjoyed where there is the purged and purified absence of even the slightest stain or whiff of hypocrisy in us.

Messages with tag on superstition, are to be overcome by us Godly Marksmen and women of the Kingdom of Christ.
After all, we have a lot of arrows we can tag onto some of those meaningful cries for fellowship crying out of bondage in Egyptian persecution.

After getting my response, the person who sent me the heart felt message with the sting attachment, did not return back and stand under the tree with another apple of superstition on their heads waiting for me to shoot . To my happy surprise, feelings weren’t hurt and the next message I received had no sting to be seen and I didn’t even have to lend focus upon the word suspicion or seduction!
I think what can happen is they can leave the tree and go find someone else to shoot at them or what happened in my case, the next message was really perfect...no sting attached and really sweet and endearing and might I say, very humbling.

Few know what we know. Fewer know how to know what we know. There are even less who even want to know.
 We with gladness, lay our lives down for the sheep. ~

It took me a very long time to get this strategy under my belt. I had to ache and grieve under the insidious tags put upon some of the most beautiful messages! It wasn’t easy.

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:08:49 PM »

I'm still practising! ~ :D

I think it is worth it though if the apple is a hang mans noose around the neck of the person standing under the tree!

Arc

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »

The first part is fun and made possible by the number zero.

The second part? If you don't speek English, you're ...

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 03:25:50 PM »

lol Denny...Zero is not a number ~  :D...it's a placer! ~but so what! ~ :D :D

As for the not speaking english...maybe this is true...

According to the linguists, all human languages obey Law. It's a really weird law, but it's not that hard to understand. Start off by getting a big fat book. Then, count the number of times each word appears in that book. You might find that the number one most popular word is "the" (which appears 2,000 times), followed by the second most popular word "a" (which appears 1,800 times), and so on. Right down at the bottom of the list, you have the least popular word, which might be "elephant", and which appears just once.
Set up two columns of numbers. One column is the order of popularity of the words, running from "1" for "the", and "2" for "a", right down "1,000" for "elephant". The other column counts how many times each word appeared, starting off with 2,000 appearances of "the", then 1,800 appearances of "a", down to one appearance of "elephant".

If you then plot on the right kind of graph paper, the order of popularity of the words, against the number of times each word appears you get a straight line! Even more amazingly, this straight line appears for every human language - whether it's English or Egyptian, Eskimo or Chinese! Now the DNA is just one continuous ladder of squillions of rungs, and is not neatly broken up into individual words (like a book).

So the scientists looked at a very long bit of DNA, and made artificial words by breaking up the DNA into "words" each 3 rungs long. And then they tried it again for "words" 4 rungs long, 5 rungs long, and so on up to 8 rungs long. They then analysed all these words, and to their surprise, they got the same sort of Zipf Law/straight-line-graph for the human DNA (which is mostly introns), as they did for the human languages!

There seems to be some sort of language buried in the so-called junk DNA! Certainly, the next few years will be a very good time to make a career change into the field of genetics.

So now, around the edge of the new millennium, we have a reasonable understanding of the 3% of the DNA that makes amino acids, proteins and babies. And the remaining 97% - well, we're pretty sure that there is some language buried there, even if we don't yet know what it says. It might say "It's all a joke", or it might say "Don't worry, be happy", or it might say "Have a nice day, lots of love, from your friendly local DNA".

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2001/04/04/133634.htm?site=science/greatmomentsinscience

It might also say God's Love is the more than 100%....lol ~ :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 03:31:23 PM »

~...should have said Zero is a "placer" ~ as I understand or IMO ~

Arc

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 03:40:03 PM »

lol Denny...Zero is not a number ~  ...it's a placer! ~but so what! ~ 

But Wikipedia say zero is a number: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0_(number)

And as a programmer I'm forced to start most of my counting from the number zero (0 thru 9 = 10 places). That's why zero is a number to me.

geokuhns

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 03:42:36 PM »

I have reviewed the video several times before and after I posted it. I cannot find anything wrong with it. I am BLOWN AWAY by how a positive message could generate so many "negative" comments.  ??? ??? ??? I could go on and on but it might only produce more negativity. Oh well. It's the 4th of July weekend and I guess some want to just blow things up.  >:(

Peace and goodwill - I hope,
George

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 03:56:01 PM »

You're right Denny ~ :)

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still ~ :)

Zero, for me, is not a quantity ~ it's more like a Space not a Volume. I get what you are saying and sure, from where you are evaluating the Zero, sure, it's got to be a number for you, and I get that.

You say potatoe and I say potatoe...

George...no one got blown up ~  :D

Happy 4th of July!

Arc

Foxx

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 07:09:31 PM »

Craig

-_-'  ...Yeah, I think I'll agree with Craig this time. I don't see the spiritual usefulness in taking human expressions such as "give 101%" proves mathmatically any measure of God's love. It just seems really cheesy and drummed up nonsense that is contrived by much of the church as being cute, quaint or to some awe-inspiring...

I mean, there is nothing amazing about this sort of thing to me. At first the person took single words that added up to less than a 100% and then he combined as many words as possible to get 101% ?? So if we take out the conjunction in his final phrase God's love would only be 99% ?!Sorry...pointless.

Am I off base here? Not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just trying to be on the level with everyone here.

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 02:03:46 AM »

well george, for what its' worth (and it appears lately my opinion isn't worth even 2 cents  :D), i enjoyed the video.  it was fun.  i guess at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter one way or the other about this video, but, i do believe there is a language of precision, evident in all of the Grand Designer's creation, and that is interesting to me.  amazing to see His handiwork in all things.  :)

claudia

grapehound

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 06:36:21 AM »

Excellent number-play George! I think the guy that pulled it together should find himself a hobby though!
Whilst we’re about it, how about this one:

For sake of simplifying the arithmetic, let’s say a year, for this purpose has 366 days.
Well, we don’t actually work all day. On average I think the figure is 8 hours.
Can we conclude then, that we work for 1/3 of the day(24 hours)?

OK. So we really only work for 1/3 of 366 = 122.
So we work for 122 days in every year?

Not so fast!

There are 52 Saturdays and 52 Sundays to take into account. Two 52’s = 104.

We work 122 days minus 104 days. 18 days !

A couple of weeks vacation?  14.

Oh! So we only work 4 days a year?

Don’t be silly; we get those off through sickness or bank holidays.

Nobody really works at all!

It’s ALL in the MIND !

Grape, (Still taking medication.) x

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 07:56:51 AM »

Excellent analogy Grape!

There is a conclusion.

We work whilst we are sleeping ~ :)

Arc

grapehound

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »

Amen

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »

~ Amen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.