bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LOVE OF GOD  (Read 10655 times)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: THE LOVE OF GOD
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 04:52:12 AM »

George I enjoyed the video. The first part of it especially. The second half of it not so much. By the authors alphabetical calculator it makes it possible to come up with outrageous conclusions.

However, by Grapes analogy I have come to realize that I may be sleeping 122 days out of the year and for another 122 days I am doing something else  :)

Wait just a minute here,  ;D Not so fast there Grape!

What about the work we do while we are at home? IF you gonna include only the working hours of the work day than why not the working hours of the off time? I wish to exercise my right to include the working part of the off time too!

For every Saturday or Sunday yard work or honey do lists were handed out, those hours must be included.

How many of us have worked on our paid vacations, hmmm? Oh yeah buddy, those hours must be included in the calculation also. What about the hours of the day we think about work? The planning to work?

I have conveniently took a little time out of my working day (although I am still thinking on the job at hand) to re-calculate the calculation in a manner I will not disclose here. My figures are correct as you can clearly see by viewing the results only.  ;)

Results are from a 365 day year to be more accurate.  :)

Days of the year we work = 273.75  :o

Days of the year we rest  = 91.25  

See? Now that's better.  8)

On another thought. Who would dare to tell their wife or significant other that all the hours of the days she has spent raising children amongst all the other work she does through out the day, while the man of the house was away at work could not be considered as working hours? Not me.  :)

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:37:23 AM by Stacey »
Stacey

grapehound

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »

Ya got me there Stacey! But are you on the same medication?

Try this  one:
Three guys sit down in a restaurant and order the same meal @ $10 a plate.
When the $30 bill arrives, they each pay $10.
As the waiter is tilling the money, the manager tells the waiter that they are good regulars and to give them a $5 discount.
The waiter takes 5 X $1 bills and heads toward them.
He slips $2 into his pocket and tells them that they get 10% off !

He hands each guy $1.

Question is:
Each guy has paid $9 for his meal.  3 X 9 = 27 + £2 in the waiters pocket = $29.

What happened to the other dollar?

Happy Landings

Grape x

Stacey

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 08:32:37 AM »

30 – 5 = (the discount) =============== 25
25 + 2 =(the 2 in the thieving waiters pocket) = 27
27 + 3 =(1 to each customer) =========== 30

There is no missing dollar. Stop using the calculator with your meds Grape!  :)
Stacey

mharrell08

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:25 AM »

Ya got me there Stacey! But are you on the same medication?

Try this  one:
Three guys sit down in a restaurant and order the same meal @ $10 a plate.
When the $30 bill arrives, they each pay $10.
As the waiter is tilling the money, the manager tells the waiter that they are good regulars and to give them a $5 discount.
The waiter takes 5 X $1 bills and heads toward them.
He slips $2 into his pocket and tells them that they get 10% off !

He hands each guy $1.

Question is:
Each guy has paid $9 for his meal.  3 X 9 = 27 + £2 in the waiters pocket = $29.

What happened to the other dollar?

Happy Landings

Grape x

The 3 guys combined total was $25 (manager told the waiter to give them $5 discount, not 10% off) , the waiter pocketed the additional $2 for himself. That equals $27 and then you add the $3 each guy received as part of his discount. From the guys perspective they received a 10% discount, when in reality, they were supposed to receive more than 15% off.

That is one sneaky waiter...

Edit: Looks like you beat me to the punch Stacey.  :)

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »

I know Stacy and Marques are right but this riddle has always gave me fits.  The thing I can't wrap my head around is this, when you give the customers back $1 then they have only paid a total of $27, when you add the $2 the waiter kept it equals $29.  When you look at it this way were is the other dollar?

Craig

bpenelli

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:46 AM »

I know Stacy and Marques are right but this riddle has always gave me fits.  The thing I can't wrap my head around is this, when you give the customers back $1 then they have only paid a total of $27, when you add the $2 the waiter kept it equals $29.  When you look at it this way were is the other dollar?

Craig

They did each pay $9 which is the $25 plus the $2 in the waiters pocket. It's the adding of the $2 in the waiter's pocket a second time that causes the confusion.
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Stacey

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:57 AM »

There are 3 separate things happening here. Forget the 2 dollars the waiter stole for a minute.

The managers discount.

He gave a 5 dollar discount and the till received 25. Done deal in Managers eyes. The customers should have got back the 5 but the waiter’s lust for the money conjured up his own deal. 25 + 5 = 30

The waiters discount.

He gave a 10 percent discount. Now we have new numbers to work with. The discount is now only 3 dollars not 5 with the new deal. The till should have received 27 and 3 back to the customer and  figuratively speaking, it’s now another done deal but wait,  there's more! 27 + 3 = 30

The waiter’s theft.

The 2 dollars the waiter stole cannot be used in the waiters discount at all, it is only relevant in the Managers deal. He took the 2 from the Managers deal not his own. The customer never knew about the Managers discount and actually paid only 27. The waiter did not steal from the restaurant but he did steal from the customer, 2 dollars out of the Managers 5 dollar discount.

The figures are never 27 + 2

Stacey

grapehound

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 10:46:10 AM »

OMG! What have I started here!
The prize goes to the dude bro from NJ. bpenelli.
but I'm with Craig on this one.

You can have anything from the top shelf!; if I ever get around to building it.

Come on guys, there must be dozens of these out there.
Whatcha got?

Grape

PS Hey George, you started this!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 08:06:13 AM by grapehound »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.