bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A question on the updated transcript on humility  (Read 4152 times)

markn902

A question on the updated transcript on humility
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »

Hi and thanks for posting the transcript

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.msg114261.html#msg114261

I have a general question for the forum and it regards #7 on the last post

(7) 1Thes 5:20  Do not despise prophesying.

Don’t despise those that teach you, your inspired speakers. Don’t be offended at anything that they say. If they have the Spirit of God they are doing this for your habitation, your welfare, your future.

My question is this where do others find teachers? I think we can all agree that Ray is one and I would consider several members on this forum as being that way for me but other than this forum I don't actually seek out others insight except my wifes as we have bible studies. I don't look to pastors or priests anymore. yet I can say I feel the Spirit of God "teaching" in all kinds of situations

So heres the question
Excluding the forum where ,if any, do others find "inspired speaking" or what would you define as such?

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: A question on the updated transcript on humility
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:35:39 PM »

Amo 8:11  Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

This prophesy is applicable in our day I believe.  'Inspired' speakers....there are virtually none so I don't go looking for them.  There are so many false prophets, false teachers and preachers in babylon that I no longer pay attention to the prophesy of the day and those who claim various dreams and visions.  The Lord himself has to teach us, if we don't get revelation from him directly were not going to get it period!  Even with Ray, as valuable as he is to us can't teach us anything unless the Lord gives us the ears to hear his words and the revelation about what those words really mean.  When I stumbled across Ray's writings several years ago I rejected most of them out of hand although he made points in the tithing paper I couldn't argue with.  It was a period of over a year that God was opening my eyes to some of the truths I now hold dear.  There is indeed a famine for hearing the words of the Lord in the land and just about everything you come across is cankered and tarnished so personally I don't bother looking at them anymore.  If God has something for us then in time he will direct us to it and if there is something we need to hear then he will lead us to it in his time.  YMMV of course.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:45:13 PM »

The next verse seals it for me.

1Th 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

"Don’t despise those that teach you, your inspired speakers. Don’t be offended at anything that they say. If they have the Spirit of God they are doing this for your habitation, your welfare, your future."

I don't seek after anybody.  I didn't ask to have the one teacher I call 'teacher'.  What I 'learn' from others is often as much about what NOT to believe as what to believe.  A person does NOT have the Spirit of God because he or she claims to have it.  We know them by their fruits--good or bad--what kind of spirit they have.  The Lord is working in all things, but NOT always for the reasons we may think, or that others may claim.

Just me talking, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life in doctrinal 'trial and error'.  I have proven to my own full satisfaction that what Ray teaches on B-T is good.  IF there is ever a "post-Ray Smith" period of my life, it will be me teaching myself from the foundation of the gospel I've recieved here.  Ray has said there will be no successor to his teaching ministry.  I have no plans now or ever to look for one, outside of the Spirit of God working in me to teach myself.  I've probably disqualified myself from teaching others, and I know many others have disqualified themselves from teaching me.

If that sounds like I'm ignoring the advise, it may be that I'm just trying to 'read all the words'.   

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:51:12 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

markn902

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:46:18 PM »

Yeah I agree with both responses I was just wondering what others thought. I guess I really don't have any great spiritual truths to seek out from others at this point. It's just living every day with the reality of the truths I have been blessed with.  :) which can be tough..Im glad for this forum it is the only place I can come to with biblical questions and get a sound response. I usually find that the question has already been asked at some point so I read through old posts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.