bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How God provides/Duane can't shut up!  (Read 3367 times)

Duane

How God provides/Duane can't shut up!
« on: July 08, 2011, 01:11:26 AM »

WOW!  There I am in Binghamton, having scheduled surgery at the VA hospital in Syracuse at 12 noon.  The van to Syracuse is "first come first served" so I got there real early to sign up.  When I got there the 8 passenger quota was already FULL and 4 extra people had to go up each needing surgery! So, VA asked each of the signed if they would be willing to reschedule so we EMERGENCIES were sure to get there. 
Some did, but I still had no ride at 11:00!  A lady in back of me sensed the problem and asked me what day I needed a ride.  I said "today-
RIGHT NOW!"  She said "hop in my car and I will drive you up (75 miles one way) and I won't accept money for gas!"  I called my wife and
away we went!  When we got there, she got a wheelchair for me, pushed me up to the 4th floor and made sure everything was settled.  Then
I thanked her again and she left.
HOWEVER, on the way I asked her WHY she was doing this for me --a man--and a total stranger!  She said "this morning I asked God if he would use me to be a blessing to someone else and YOU ARE MY ANSWER TO PRAYER!  it turned out to be mutual because I found out that she was "religious" but dissatisfied with "the church".  SOOOOO, I thoroughly introduced her to BIble-Truths, our Biblical philosophy, and the 3 main prblems with the King Jmes Version and what is being taught in "the church".  She REALLY absorbed it!  Hopefully I will hear more from her-- as she would also like to meet Betty (my wife).
That was THE BEGINNING!  I always take a hard copy of Ray's articles with me when I go for an over-night in Syracuse.  Everywhere I sat
people asked me what I was reading!  SOOOO, in EACH lounge people eagerly listened to me answer regarding Bible -Truths reading and soon the whole lounge was listening and asking questions about US!  Then, on the way back (in the filled van) several passengers WANTED and GOT the web-site as we discussed our beliefs and doubts about established religion.  One rider has already written back to me!
SOOOO, for two straight days I got LITTLE READING done because I "evangelized" for God and BIBLE-TRUTHS!
I guess God called me to "evangelize/preach" because that is what I am DOING ALL THE TIME!! (however, I find myself mostly LISTENING, as people are "starved for the truth" so I ask God to help me "fill in the blanks".
It is VERY TRUE that GOD CHOOSES, we don't lead, but if God can USE my SALESMAN'S MOUTH for His purpose, so be it!  STRANGELY, I had NO RESISTANCE because I fully expected "persecution" and welcome it --but EVERYONE was receptive!  WHEW!
The surgery was partially successful so I have to go back July 20th for surgery on the 21st.  YES! I am taking my B-T hard copy and will take
EVERY OPPORTUNITY to repeat the above!  Betty sez "Duane, generally speaking--you're GENERALLY SPEAKING!"  :-)

judith collier

Re: How God provides/Duane can't shut up!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 03:23:19 AM »

Duane, good work!! So many people are starting to mention God and wanting to talk about Him. judy

grapehound

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:52:06 AM »

Way to go Duane!  For all the world’s sham, it’s hard to resist a ‘living epistle’ in full flood!

Every blessing,

Grape

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »

That is SO Wonderful Duane! A God moment, walking in the Love of God, feeding His Flock all gathered round you in the lounge!

Father can really lift our spirits and hearts and give our understanding wings of light into the dark of souls thirsting for Truth.

You say you went to surgery! yet...they were in surgery too, spiritual surgery as Christ in you was giving them life....hope and His Peace.

Arc

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:35 AM »

no surgeons scalpel can compare to the sharpness, exactness, and deep cutting of the Sword of His Word.

btw, i enjoyed reading what bette said about you GENERALLY SPEAKING.  :D

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.