bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you guys hear... srsly?  (Read 5886 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Did you guys hear... srsly?
« on: July 11, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »

About the firefighter at an angels game who fell over the ledge 20 feet to his death trying to catch an incoming baseball into the stand?

He was with his son at the game, his son was 6 years old. I can't help but cry hearing that, its so sad :( Thats not fair... why Father? My heart just breaks hearing this... :(

Its not fair :(
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

JohnMichael

Re: Did you guys hear... srsly?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:45:36 PM »

Where do the Scriptures say that men are not to have emotions?

Alex, before that man was born, God had already determined how he would die. That was apparently the chosen end for him for this life. Is it tragic? Yes. Does it make sense? No (not from OUR perspective, anyway). However, God knows what He was doing, and it does help to know that that man will never know anything but life. That is extremely merciful if you think about it. His children and wife, however, will have to deal with the pain of his loss, and hopefully God will be merciful to them and comfort them.

John
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:54:35 PM by JohnMichael »

believerchrist100

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »

Alex, before that man was born, God had already determined how he would die. That was apparently the chosen end for him for this life. Is it tragic? Yes. Does it make sense? No (not from OUR perspective, anyway). However, God knows what He was doing, and it does help to know that that man will never know anything but life. That is extremely merciful if you think about it. His children and wife, however, will have to deal with the pain of his loss, and hopefully God will be merciful to them and comfort them.

John

Good point, it doesn't and there is no better witness of this than our Lord Jesus Christ. On two occasions, he wept even though he knew it was the will of the Father and even though he knew that he would Resurrect Lazarus in the latter example from the dead in a short time.

"As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he WEPT over it and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes." (Luke 19:41-42)

"Jesus WEPT." (John 11:35)

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:37 AM »

About the firefighter at an angels game who fell over the ledge 20 feet to his death trying to catch an incoming baseball into the stand?

He was with his son at the game, his son was 6 years old. I can't help but cry hearing that, its so sad :( Thats not fair... why Father? My heart just breaks hearing this... :(

Hi Alex,

When I saw the video of the man going over the railing, and heard that he died from the fall, I was shocked and saddened.  Later, when I heard that his little son was at the game with him, I only felt more grief. :( 

It is only because of the faith and knowledge I've gained in the last few years, that I am able to hear and see such horrible events without feeling hopeless and discouraged. I know with confidence that everything that happens in this life has a purpose and fulfills God's ultimate plan, and that plan is perfect

Our heavenly Father's ways are always fair and always just.  Trust and believe. :)

René

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 03:06:18 PM »

Hi Alex,

When I saw the video of the man going over the railing, and heard that he died from the fall, I was shocked and saddened.  Later, when I heard that his little son was at the game with him, I only felt more grief. :( 

It is only because of the faith and knowledge I've gained in the last few years, that I am able to hear and see such horrible events without feeling hopeless and discouraged. I know with confidence that everything that happens in this life has a purpose and fulfills God's ultimate plan, and that plan is perfect

Our heavenly Father's ways are always fair and always just.  Trust and believe. :)

René

I know, that looking at from the perspective of our Father, this is very true. But looking at it from a human perspective, it hurts and It doesn't stop the pain. I feel absolutely horrible for the poor child who went home without his daddy, and wonders where his daddy is now. Who has to grow up without one. It hurts.

I'm not hopeless, i'm never without hope, but I won't say I didn't cry hearing about this.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »

John

Emotions are good, especially for women and children.  But when you are a man with responsibilities, then maybe thinking correctly and using good judgment is more important than getting caught up in the emotions of the moment.

Good enough?

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.