bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pastor Fired for not believing in Hell  (Read 3830 times)

deftarchangel

Pastor Fired for not believing in Hell
« on: July 15, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »

Came across this article quite by accident.  Hope the moderators don't mind that it links towards a blog, but I found the story, and the blog writer's reaction, quite interesting.

http://endtimeobserver.blogspot.com/2011/03/pastor-fired-for-not-believeing-in-hell.html

I had thought about posting a comment, but I figured it would be pointless to drum up an argument that will, in the end, convince or change no one's mind.  The thing that I found interesting was that the author himself acknowledged and warned that it appears "this denial-of-hell phenomenon to be a bigger issue facing the church world in the months and years to come."  I also found it humourous that he pointed to one guy (Bishop Carlton Pearson....never heard of him) as an example of what happens to those who also choose to reject the doctrine of hell.

Nice to know that we're all drifting into apostasy and Satan's one-world-religion!   8)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Pastor Fired for not believing in Hell
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:46:36 PM »

I think we'll let the link stand. 

On a side note, my old denomination (Southern Baptist Convention) just passed a resolution at the last convention re-affirming belief in eternal punishment.  I don't know if it was the reporter's take, or a clear part of the resolution, but it was mentioned it was in response to the "Love Wins" book.  I wouldn't have expected anything else. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Revilonivek

Re: Pastor Fired for not believing in Hell
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »

Interesting that Christendom want to believe in an eternal hell. Jews believe their Gehenna to be temporary. 12 months maximum. Check it out if you dont believe this. Where did eternal hell come from? Just glad God will one day free us from this cycle of madness.

Denise
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.