bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was Jesus already perfect?  (Read 5584 times)

Revilonivek

Was Jesus already perfect?
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:24:43 PM »

I have a question.

A question that got me curious.

Was Jesus already perfect when he arrived to this world of ours? Or did he learn perfection as he grew up, suffering like the rest of us? Becoming perfect.  Or was he already a half god, half man? Already perfect? He calls himself son of man. What dies the words sons of man mean?

Thanks,

Denise

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Was Jesus already perfect?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 10:16:21 PM »

Heb 5:8  Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 10:26:52 PM »

Hi Denise,

This first excerpt is from the 09 conference, the next is from the last Bible study we had this year. I think it will help you see why Jesus was not born without knowledge of who He was before His human birth. He was perfect every day of His life on this earth, He had to be to be the Savior of the world and God the Father saw to that.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.0.html --------------------

Luke 18:18 And a certain ruler asked Him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
v. 19 And Jesus said unto him, Why do you call Me good? There is none good, but one, that is God.

Some people would use that to prove that Christ cannot be referred to as God, because He said “only God (speaking of His Father here) is good.”  But when He said this, He had divested Himself of all His power and glory, so He was in human form in the weakened state of flesh.
v
Could a man, just a man now, be the Savior of the world?  See, if you’re going to argue that Jesus Christ was a man, only a man and nothing divine about him, there are all kinds of problems, just philosophically speaking.

Why would He have to be conceived by God?  Why?  He’s just a man and men are born all the time.  So we want him to be of the line of Judah.  All right, fine, let’s get a Jewish boy.  You get a Jewish boy and Jewish girl, we’ll marry them and they’ll have a baby boy and he’ll be the Savior of the world.  Why not?

Think about it.  Let’s think about all the words. Why did Jesus have to be conceived by His Father?  Why, if He’s just a man.  Jewish women have boys all the time.  If He had to be something special above a man, then He was no longer ‘just a man.’  Did I say something wrong?  If He had to be something more than a man, then He’s more than a man, He’s not just a man.  
v

So why was He conceived by God?  If God wanted a man He could have chosen any man.  If He wanted him to be born of a virgin… fine, he could be born of a virgin. But why did He have to be conceived by God Himself? WHY?
v
Hebrews 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
v. 29 how much worse punishment, do you suppose, shall he be thought worthy of, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, (that’s the blood of Jesus Christ) wherein He was sanctified, an unholy thing…

“An unholy thing” is the word ‘koinos’ (Strong’s 2839) it means common, something that is shared by all or several.  

In other words, just a man, same as any other man, common. It is also translated as ‘unclean’ when talking about ceremonial things.

Greek-English Keyword Concordance:
Common, belonging to all equally, by implication, NOT SACRED, contaminating (“to make common”).

Vines Concise Dictionary of the Bible:
Koinos - common, ordinary; belonging to the generality as distinct from something that is peculiar.

So it is, woe be if you consider the blood of Jesus Christ to be like any other man’s blood. Yet one man told me that ‘His blood was no better than mine.’ Whoa, I would fear to even think something like that, let alone say it.

He was not common. He was not what is shared by everyone.  It says

Php 2:7   …and took upon Him the form of a servant…

Rom 8:3  …God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh…

Heb 2:7  You made Him a little lower than the angels;

He took on the form of a servant and He was made like unto sinful flesh and He was made a little lower than the angels… it’s not talking about somebody who came out in a natural childbirth.  He was MADE. The scriptures say He was “made a little lower (or for a little while lower) than the angels.”  WHY?  So He could die!
v
Heb 2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his (humanity) feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him (under humanity).
v. 9 But we see Jesus, who was MADE…

You see that word, He was MADE.  He wasn’t always that way. He had to be MADE that way.  Now, if He were just a man born of a woman, He wouldn’t have had to be made anything.  Any man born of a woman will die.  “It is appointed unto all men once to die,” but the only way Jesus could die was that God had to MAKE Him lower than the angels, so that He could die.  Are you following me? Does it make sense?  That Jesus was not ‘just’ born, before He got to the process of actually being born.  He had to be MADE something else from what He was.  WHY? Because what He was, He couldn’t die. God didn’t force this on Him.  We learn all through the scriptures, Jesus Christ ‘volunteered.’

John 10:17  Therefore doth my Father love Me, because I lay down My life, that I might take it again.
v. 18  No man takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again.

He said nobody takes My life.  God the Father did not say, I’m going to sacrifice You, come hell or high water and You aren’t going to have nothing to say about it.  He said, “I lay down My life,”  “I” do it, He says.  He volunteered.

So, He was made a little lower than the angels for or because of the fact that He had to die.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor; that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,12896.0.html --------------------------

So at 12 years old He wasn’t told, He already knew who He was! Not only did He know that His Father had business for Him to do, He was already doing it! He said I’m already about it, I‘m already doing it, at 12 years old. Well when did He know who He was?
v
Since no man at any time has seen or heard the Father, what about Jesus? Jesus said;

John 6:46  Not that any man hath seen the Father, save (except) He (Jesus) which is of (from) God, He hath seen the Father.

Then why can’t we? Well we read it before, because we are mortal. When Jesus was with the Father He obviously was not mortal. Remember He lowered Himself, He emptied Himself,
He was “made.” It doesn’t say He was born a little lower than the angels, “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels” (Heb 2:9). He was made. Contrary to so many people that I’m studying.

So the Father has not been seen by any one except the One who is “from God.” Concordant reads this way.

John 6:46 Not that the Father has been seen by anyone, except by the One who is from God. This One has seen the Father. (CLV)

John 1:18  No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the
bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Now that is a profound statement., “He has declared Him.”

Rotherham;
John 1:18  …He, hath interpreted Him.

Revised Standard Version;
John 1:18   …He has made Him known.

Concordant;
John 1:18  …He unfolds Him.

So Jesus knows a great deal about the Father and He’s going to tell us. He certainly knew a whole lot more about God then any 12 year old little Jewish boy would have known, had that been His first experience with life on this earth.

John 5:19  Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do: for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
v. 20  For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that Himself does…

Again how could you show… at 12 years old He’s already about His Father’s business, so He had to know what His Father’s business was. How would you show a 12 year old boy all that the great creator God of the universe does? I don’t think so.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

jong

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:41:30 AM »

‘Son of Man’ comes from a Hebrew idiom “Ben Adam” meaning son of Adam. Adam comes from the Hebrew word “adamah”  which literally means earth. Hence Son of Man refers to mankind or humanity as descendants from the first man, Adam which God created from earth & to which we will all return to.

Jesus/Yeshua always referred to Himself as ‘the Son of Man’ in the third person, in total  humility and knowledge of His own humanity,  that He would live & die like a normal human being even while fully aware & totally obedient to carrying out God’s divine mission for Him.

Revilonivek

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 12:49:41 AM »

Had to ask because I came across these scriptures..

Psa 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? (referring to 2Sa 7:14)

Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Notice the word, today, I have begotten you.

But when God said to Jesus, “today I have begotten thee”, he was around 30 years old. It seems to say   Jesus became the first of many sons of God at his baptism according to the same way it was in the prophesies about him. When the Messiah came he was to be like a son to God and God was to be like a Father to him.

That is why I wondered. thoughts?

Kat

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:18:16 AM »

Hi Denise,

Well these Scriptures (Heb 5:5, Psa 2:7) are not implying that when God said "today I have begotten" it was at that moment, but that statement was made of the Father to Jesus when it actually happened. Christ was not just the Son of God after He was born in the flesh, but always was since His creation, as what was spoken in Psalms happened way before Jesus' birth. Hebrews 1:5 is not even speaking about Jesus.

Heb 1:5  For to which of the angels did He say at any time, "You are My Son, this day I have begotten You?" And again, "I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to Me a Son?"

This was speaking about that God had never said to any of the angels that they were a begotten son.

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.