bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Ray on Twitter?  (Read 10094 times)

zander

Is Ray on Twitter?
« on: July 16, 2011, 02:18:25 PM »

I really think Ray should be on twitter, can someone tell me if he is, i am thinking not.  It would be good to get some updates from him on a daily basis, you know, health, his writing, anything inspiring..

Or, is anyone else close to Ray that could use twitter on his behalf? 

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Is Ray on Twitter?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »

Sorry, no he is not, and it's not likely it will happen.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 03:53:54 PM »

It would make me chuckle to read one of Ray's 'Oh Really???!!!' on a Twitter feed.  :D

aktikt

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 04:01:27 PM »

Haha, funny, Marques.  Or "Wrong paleface!"
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

markn902

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »

Ha! theres no way he could keep something to 140 character or less   ;D

zander

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »

"Sorry, no he is not, and it's not likely it will happen."

Any reason?

believerchrist100

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

"Sorry, no he is not, and it's not likely it will happen."

Any reason?

Basically zander, Ray is too busy writing and studying and something like Twitter would be too time consuming especially since he's currently studying a deep subject. I'd rather he would take the time to write his papers and prepare his bible studies than be on Twitter honestly. He's  very busy studying on a major subject which I'm aching to hear on what he has to say. So that's basically what it boils down to.

Patrick
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:29:21 PM by believerchrist100 »

Foxx

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 04:08:54 PM »

Admittedly it would be pretty awesome. There countless big name pastors on twitter and throwing Ray into the mix would be a nice change from their random unscriptural garbarge going on and on about hell or making statements about God which are also not scriptural.

One thing that could be good about Bible Truths having a twitter is that links to the Bible Truths page, ray's emails, papers, videos, etc. could be tweeted. Even if Ray himself did not have time to do his own "tweeting" it would be a good quick way for people who are avid followers of Bible Truths to see that something new is out.

Since Twitter is mostly a mobile application people receive updates instantly, and the ability to "retweet" things from Bible Truths could potentially bring countless more people to the site and open their hearts to God's truths.

Anyway, just thinking outloud. Shoot, I'd be up for making the Bible Truths twitter page and provide all things I mentioned that lead directly to the site but I think an adiminstrator or mod would have better intel on the going's-on .

zander

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 05:45:00 AM »

I think it could be perfectly doable.  I mean twitter only takes 140 characters.  So when Ray writes something its a few words and would take a matter of seconds.  Once a day? once every few days?, once a week?  Even a close friend could do it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 05:47:57 AM by zander »

Kat

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:36 PM »

I don't believe this is even a remote possibility. Ray is very sick with cancer, it seems he wants to sleep all the time, yet he is trying to research and write 'many' papers and answer emails. I just don't see any way he would consider Twittering even for a few mins. a day.

Kat

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 05:19:02 PM »

Speaking practically, all the 'rules' say is that we are not to copy any part of B-T and claim it as our own.  Nothing is stopping anybody from linking to B-T in any way the internet provides.  If you look at the google ads, they seem designed not to win 'converts' but to attract those with questions similar to the ones posed, in people's own hearts and minds.  I may be wrong, but I see this as an invitation to those 'asking' so that Ray may be able to 'have an answer', according to Scripture.  Most people who come to B-T (and stay) came because they were actively searching for an answer to a question.  The complete Gospel doesn't fit on a bumper-sticker, a google ad, or a twitter feed.  The Lord seems to take those 'small' questions and grow huge answers.  We've seen that in many, many testimonies.

When we think about it, Ray posts extremely rarely on the forum and always through Dennis or Craig.  He doesn't visit here, at least not to actively participate.  As much as I'd like 'updates' on his health, etc. I don't think we should impose more work on either Ray or his IRL Friends when we can accomplish many of the same things on our own.

Anyways, just my unofficial impressions.   ;D
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Foxx

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 03:22:34 PM »

Speaking practically, all the 'rules' say is that we are not to copy any part of B-T and claim it as our own.  Nothing is stopping anybody from linking to B-T in any way the internet provides.  If you look at the google ads, they seem designed not to win 'converts' but to attract those with questions similar to the ones posed, in people's own hearts and minds.  I may be wrong, but I see this as an invitation to those 'asking' so that Ray may be able to 'have an answer', according to Scripture.  Most people who come to B-T (and stay) came because they were actively searching for an answer to a question.  The complete Gospel doesn't fit on a bumper-sticker, a google ad, or a twitter feed.  The Lord seems to take those 'small' questions and grow huge answers.  We've seen that in many, many testimonies.

When we think about it, Ray posts extremely rarely on the forum and always through Dennis or Craig.  He doesn't visit here, at least not to actively participate.  As much as I'd like 'updates' on his health, etc. I don't think we should impose more work on either Ray or his IRL Friends when we can accomplish many of the same things on our own.

Anyways, just my unofficial impressions.   ;D

Completely agree.

santikos

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 10:31:30 AM »

I guess someone could just mention BT when they tweet friend. I have a stamp that i put on dollar bills with the BT website. I guess someone other than ray can tweet Bible truths. I am not really up on any of these modern thingys. Chucks, i dont even own a cell phone.

Foxx

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 12:19:24 PM »

who all on BT is on Twitter by the way? Be nice to follow you people on there.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

I don't use Twitter, but I usually link a lot of BT material on my facebook account or by email.

To my knowledge though, none have actually visited BT and taken the time to read in-depth. I've had a few call me a heretic though :)

Not sure how well Twitter will work, but I think it's always good to try at least.

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »

Folks who use Twitter,

I'm old and set in my ways.
I like to learn new things, but at my own pace.
I understand that "twitter" doesn't have content moderation so I could receive lots of undesirable language and profane invitations from even well meaning individuals who live in a different culture.

I also don't like to spend a lot of time erasing "garbage" or "spam" from my account. Will any garbage be sent to and left on my account that may be attributed to me? So, is it going to be worth my time to learn to use Twitter?

Thanks for any advice, Indiana Bob

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »

Hi Bob.  I'm not quite so old, but I don't plan on opening a twitter account.  Facebook serves more than my needs to keep 'connected' to friends and family who don't want to email me (or God forbid, telephone me) directly.  I'm not looking for 'followers' and have (and have had) an active online life before twitter was dreamed up by demons.   ;D

That's just me, though. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »

Whenever I see the word "twitter" I want to "twitch." :D  Not even slightly interested!

René

indianabob

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2011, 10:55:20 AM »

Thanks for the advice Dave and Rene and John and Gracious,
I have a beloved cousin who can't seem to answer my emails. He has a new computer and we can talk for hours when we're face to face, but it's too much trouble to turn on his computer once a week at least. Oh well I guess I'll have to call him in Florida and remind him to check his email.
And I certainly don't want to be seen as a twitch or twit.

Any other suggestions for an ole doggie??

Bob

Hi Bob.  I'm not quite so old, but I don't plan on opening a twitter account.  Facebook serves more than my needs to keep 'connected' to friends and family who don't want to email me (or God forbid, telephone me) directly.  I'm not looking for 'followers' and have (and have had) an active online life before twitter was dreamed up by demons.   ;D

That's just me, though. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.