bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The most important question  (Read 20650 times)

Revilonivek

Re: The most important question
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 11:35:49 PM »

Thanks  Dennis for understanding where I'm coming from. I will do that. I will explain how I came to this. One at a time.

I was simply pointing out the prophecies in the old testaments that pointed that prophesied how to identify the messiah. I know he is also the priest of  order of Melchisedec.
Look at this scripture. 

Jesus was a high priest as we are told he was called of God as was Aaron.

This part also stated the words" today"

God said to Jesus, today I have begotten you.

Hebrews 5

1For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

2Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

3And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.

4And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

5So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

6As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

7Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

8Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

9And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

10Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.

11Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

13For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

14But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

See what I mean?

Thanks so much.

Denise

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 12:10:55 AM »

See what I mean?

Sorry, no Denise. I have to tell you I have not read this thread and have no intention to read every word. I have way too much going on (you'll have to trust me, I have a lot going on).

But what I would like to see you do is try and make your point with just a few very short sentences. If it's a valid point that's all you should need. Pick your two best points and no more.

When I see pages of text posted I many times think 'vanity'

What I see from skimming you posts is you have come to understand some of what is taught on BT. IMO that is a gift from God given directly to you.

I'm guessing that you have most likely been a teacher of sorts for many years and that is part of your identity. You now have to give that up and assume a new identity. The old you has to die. It can die a good death or go down kicking and screaming. The kicking and screaming will be very hard on you.

A true saying: "Less is more."

believerchrist100

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:56 AM »

Okay, you are right. I forget sometimes that this forum's only purpose is to ask questions about Ray's papers and nothing else.

I apologize. I think sometimes after a while, you forget the boundaries of this forum when it comes to studying the scriptures.

Please accept my apology.

Denise

I forgive you, Denise as it's commanded to although with your attitude, I can definitely understand why it's getting hard for others to forgive you especially since you've done this before.  but please do definitely remember the purpose of this forum especially this line from the rules which I give it to the moderators, they are very clear about the rules and the purpose for this forum:

THE IMPORTANT STUFF:

This forum and how it is moderated, is different than most all religious based forums on the internet so please read carefully.

If you are considering joining this forum before reading and studying  www.bible-truths.com, please reconsider.
It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere

Keep this  in mind when you are posting in the future especially what I italicized and you won't run into any problems (and do feel free to take a look at the rules at any time if you forget).
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:02:43 AM by believerchrist100 »

Revilonivek

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 04:22:15 AM »

Thanks believechrist100, thanks Dennis,

I think I was just reminded (chastened) when I was doing some reading. If not careful, Wisdom can easily subject one to think above the flock. and I need to remind myself that unconditional love will never subject themselves above the flock but subject themselves beneath the flock. Sometimes, silence is golden.  I think it's been on my heart for a long time. It's a quality that Needs dealing and to be burned out. I enjoyed talking about bible stuff with people. It sometimes get the best of me.

I just like to talk.

I have prayed and told God what was on my mind.I said it just doesn't make sense nor does it make sense.

How can Jesus say and preach he overcame the world and told us we can do it too when he himself had the advantage of having the Holy Spirit and majority of the world don't.

How can people follow him by example if he had the advantage and they don't. It sounds almost hypocrite, unless he was fully man, who suffered like us, repenting from sins and becoming perfect through suffering and was begotten of God at his baptism. Like sons and daughters are begotten of God at a point in their lives after much suffering.

If you guys have any answers to these questions.. That would be wonderful because it will give me peace.

Thanks,

Denise

mharrell08

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 07:20:51 AM »

Thanks believechrist100, thanks Dennis,

I think I was just reminded (chastened) when I was doing some reading. If not careful, Wisdom can easily subject one to think above the flock. and I need to remind myself that unconditional love will never subject themselves above the flock but subject themselves beneath the flock. Sometimes, silence is golden.  I think it's been on my heart for a long time. It's a quality that Needs dealing and to be burned out. I enjoyed talking about bible stuff with people. It sometimes get the best of me.

I just like to talk.

I have prayed and told God what was on my mind.I said it just doesn't make sense nor does it make sense.

How can Jesus say and preach he overcame the world and told us we can do it too when he himself had the advantage of having the Holy Spirit and majority of the world don't.

How can people follow him by example if he had the advantage and they don't. It sounds almost hypocrite, unless he was fully man, who suffered like us, repenting from sins and becoming perfect through suffering and was begotten of God at his baptism. Like sons and daughters are begotten of God at a point in their lives after much suffering.

If you guys have any answers to these questions.. That would be wonderful because it will give me peace.

Thanks,

Denise

That's no problem at all Denise. I'm going to move these questions to a new thread under General Discussions to give it a fresh start: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,13354.0.html

These kinds of questions are more than welcome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:10:34 AM by mharrell08 »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.