bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can the church show love to the people?  (Read 5435 times)

Morten

How can the church show love to the people?
« on: July 24, 2011, 04:00:47 PM »

Hello everyone :)

I don't know if you have heard about what happend in Norway recently. Where 93 people got killed.
What makes me most sad is wen people try to find love after what happend they go in to the church. How can the church invite people to show the people respect and love after what happend, when they actually believe people going to hell if they do not believe in Jesus. It can't matter how you die, if you don't believe in Jesus. Of course they do not say this, but isn't this what they truly believe?
So much contradiction.

Think if everyone had known about the real truth:D

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: How can the church show love to the people?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 04:34:13 PM »

Yes, the entire world has heard about what happened in Norway (I see you live in Norway).

If it makes them feel better, why not.

DougE6

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »

Evil and troubling things drive people to church. It has always been that way. People want answers, they have a deep inborn need to seek God. Where else would you go, if not church? If you want to find God? Or find an answer, to such a monstrous evil, like what was done there? Peoples heart cry out for answers, for solid ground, for something to hold onto when their tidy self constructed world is challenged.  Remember, most people who come to know the fullness of Christ start in a church. Very few people are ready to hear or even consider such truths as God will save everyone, at the start of their spiritual journey. Yet they want to start the journey, somewhere, somehow.

And thankfully, many kind and merciful acts are found among people who go to church.  Many people try to live lives that imitate Jesus who go to church. many are very sincere and give deeply, even if they are far from truly converted.

I am truly sorry to hear of what happened in your country. That young man caused incredible pain to many families. May God grant much mercy and grace to so many hurting wounded families, may that young man learn and understand the horror or what he has done. And may in time, will everyone whom he has harmed come to understand and forgive him, because God will require them to do so, eventually, sometime.  I guess that is the bottom line. At some point, we all will learn to love our enemies, even those who hurt us to the uppermost. I pray God does not choose to test me that deeply. i cannot imagine the pain of having my children destroyed in such a manner, even if only for this short physical world.

Morten

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:02:12 PM »

I see now that my question came out wrong :o. I understand why they seek the church. And i think they should. Is like you said "find God? Or find an answer, to such a monstrous evil, like what was done there? Peoples heart cry out for answers, for solid ground, for something to hold onto when their tidy self constructed world is challenged"
We all came from the church, well mostly.

But my thought was more, what do the pastor say when a person ask him, " do you think this 93 people will com to heaven?" I just think someone have to ask that. How can they asnwer this truly. I just hope they say yes ;D

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 07:54:46 PM »

Maybe it will be a wake-up call for a few of them (pastors).  No doubt most have 'thought about' the role of faith in tragic times and come to whatever 'peace' they can with their dim gospel.  Maybe the Lord will be calling a few truer disciples out of the many who seek comfort now.  He'll have them all before He's finished.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »

Hi Morten,

I grieve with you and your fellow countrymen.  Such an act of evil will certainly "bring you to your knees."

René

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 06:40:48 AM »

God is Love.

No institution of man or limitation that is the human mind can show God to the people.

Church leaders face their own helplessness as they plough through human grief and suffering whilst God neither slumbers nor sleeps.

There are many ways to sedate oneself of pain. One way is the Church way.

Others find entertainment or fantasy or self destruction which is another way to cope with not knowing God nor waking up from the nightmare that is human grief and tragedy.

Let compassion and mercy prevail.

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.