bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ambassadors, here and now on - You and me.  (Read 5015 times)

acomplishedartis

Ambassadors, here and now on - You and me.
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »

I guess that We, the ones that are at list trying hard to overcome our selfishness and the world, are spooned to be ambassadors, HERE and NOW, whatever the geographical location (with different climates, political views, languages and races), we

For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us.  Concordant Literal New Testament

Over Christ, then (Then for Christ's sake), we are elders of God, performing as God's ambassadors, as [Him] continually calling alongside (performing as a paraclete) through us.
  (Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament Translation )
(IICor.5:20)

So here I go. I would not die for a foreign country, ambassadors living outside their territory don't vote in the foreign country nor do they should disrespect the reasonable laws of the place where they find themselves. Ambassadors are neither ignorant of what is going on the territory where they are living, actually they could know even better than the average citizen. 

Ambassador. a diplomat sent by a state as its permanent representative in a foreign country.
■ a representative or promoter of a specified activity.

(Sometimes countries also appoint highly respected individuals as Ambassador at Large who are assigned specific responsibilities, and they work to advise and assist their governments in a given area.
)

I have had these thoughts in my head, I know they look simple to grasp but the consequences can be a lot bigger than we might think. In the last couple years I have been able to do one or two trips a year, I no longer think of me or feel as a representative of the physical territory where I was born, neither do I feel a representative of some other physical country. I don't usually share these thoughts with people as they would not understand and some might think that I feel special or superior. Well, it is not the case at all, the outcome is more as if WE are outcast sometimes... or the facts sometimes can go in another direction and these knowledge can be able to encourage us to don't judge others since as ambassador we are not in that position and also to respect the reasonable laws of the land as much as we can.

Think on it... when somebody asked Paul, where are you from, does the main ways of thinking of his land of birth used to apply on him? (I am talking about his character and main believes) I don't think so. Probably typical stereotypes like accents, face features, stature and language, Yes. But whom Paul was and we all really are, is what we think about all day long, what is what we desire the most and which are our wishes toward others.

And ''to advise and assist some of them in a given area'', might not be so out of line... maybe. Anyway, that is all I had to say. (hope it will not hit me back, somehow).

15 And He died for the sake of all that those who are living should by no means still be living to themselves, but to the One dying and being roused for their sakes.
16 So that we, from now on, are acquainted with NO ONE according to flesh. Yet even if we have known Christ according to flesh, nevertheless now we know Him so no longer.

copy-paste::
Dear Cesar:
I am an "Ambassador for Christ" (I Cor 5:20). Ambassadors cannot legally take part in the politics of foreign nations.  Jesus never, ever got involved in the operations of the Roman Government over the Jews. We are never taught to "march on Washington," etc. But we are told to COME OUT OF THE WORLD and be separate. "Let the DEAD bury the dead."
God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1719.msg14394.html#msg14394

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1568.msg13173.html#msg13173

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3103.msg23139.html#msg23139

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Ambassadors, here and now on - You and me.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 06:14:50 AM »

Hi Moises

Albert Einstein said of the self, that humanity is nurtured and socially conditioned to believe in no less than an "optical illusion of consciousness." Paul expressed the insight "acquainted with NO ONE according to flesh" as exactly what Albert expounds.

To acquaint with anyone according to the flesh, is to believe in optical illusions!

Arc

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »

..... simplify and travel lightly!

I love it! My meditation for today! Thanks Moises ~ :)

Arc

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:08:41 AM »

Hi Moises.  That sounds like a very good description of how we can be IN the world, but not OF it.  It's all part of a very reasonable and practical walk. 

Mic 6:8  He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Thanks for sharing.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

acomplishedartis

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 02:56:40 PM »

GodISGracious,
you sound very vigorous and full of energy,

Outside appearances and peoples ages can be tricky on many occasions

whatever your age, I see by your profile that these very same day you was born, so congratulations!
 hope you have a good day for meditation

Duane

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 06:47:12 PM »

Moises...I finally got to read your article as you had asked of me.  (I like your word "spoon" even though
I am guessing what it means!) LOL
See you again in September!
Duane 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.