bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Observation  (Read 11408 times)

River

Observation
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:19:33 AM »

Hi,

Have you all found since learning of the false free will, how incorporated that belief is in everything around us? I think one of the greatest things I learned from this site was understanding that we do not have a free will and how the scriptures show this. I just can't get over how much I am aware of this when I hear others speak. It seems so much is connected with that false belief.

By the way hello to all on the forum.  :)

River

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Observation
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »

Hello River!
YES, free will is a big stumbling block!
Welcome to the forum!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 10:24:50 AM »

Welcome to the forum River.  I think that most of us feel very similar to you.  It truly takes a miracle for that idol to fall but once it does and the lights pop on everything begins to fall into place.  And for me it's a great comfort to know that I don't have a free will.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:18:08 AM »

Welcome to the forum River, and I completely agree with your comments. It's the first lesson learned when you open your Bible: Adam & Eve.

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:28:45 AM »

Hi River,

Welcome to the forum  :)
We all just assume we have freewill because the causes are not apparent. But when you study the subject according to the science of cause and effect, you know it is an impossiblity. It is interesting how the everyday langauge of people reflects the idea of freewill though.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 11:32:29 AM »

Have you all found since learning of the false free will, how incorporated that belief is in everything around us?

River

Hi, River, and welcome to the forum! :)

I totally agree with you.  The world is "blinded" by this false belief and it fuels their arrogance, pride, and their hatred (the carnal mind) towards their Creator.

René

Stacey

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:29:45 PM »

Hello River, welcome aboard!

You are so right about free will being in the heart of everyone around us. Doesn't matter a bit if they believe in a religion or God at all, free will is a deep seeded belief in the heart of everyone who does not know otherwise. Even for some of us who are blessed to know the difference, we (me) sometimes struggle with accepting the reality of this wonderful truth.
Stacey

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 02:55:49 PM »

Isn't it amazing that even those who are believing and holding on to "free will" are "caused" by God to be so. They sadly don't even know that all that we think and say and do has a cause, and anything that is caused cannot be "free will."

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »

Not having a free will coupled to an acceptance that God controls everything can lead to a false sense of pleasure. Non are responsible all are accountable. God is blameless.

Welcome to the Forum River ~ :)

Arc

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 04:36:17 PM »

Oh I forgot. River, I apologize. Warmest welcome! From your post I can see that wisdom will flow from you .. like a River:)

River

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 08:42:41 PM »

Hi,

Such a nice welcome from all. Thank you much. Thanks also for all the comments, it is nice to relate and to see the perspectives you all have. I am hopeful to learn more and to endure what I must to get where I am suppose to go.

River

JohnMichael

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 03:51:56 PM »

Hi River,

Welcome to the forums. :)

To answer your question: Yes, I have. Even in my course studies, they make sure to add "by his/her own free will" in every chance they can get.

Interestingly, just as an example, once upon a time, prior to the Age of Reason (Enlightenment, its other name, is a misnomer), crime was believed to be a result of Divine fate - that people were criminals because God had ordained them to be such (Vessels of Honor and Dishonor). Then, along came "philosophers," and they started to preach that man chooses "of his own free will" to either obey laws or break them.

I'm sure this particular heresy was around long before that particular time period though.

Ecc 1:9  The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

In Him,
John

DougE6

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 12:24:33 AM »

[quoteNot having a free will coupled to an acceptance that God controls everything can lead to a false sense of pleasure. Non are responsible all are accountable. God is blameless. ][/quote]

Thank you Arcturus, this is so true. We must never confuse the truth of NO free will with the false sense of license; meaning, well, I did it, so God willed it, so maybe I will do it some more. That attitude will heap judgement on your head. Walk circumspectly with these great truths; make absolutely sure in your heart of hearts you do not use them as an excuse to allow yourself to not resist sin and evil.

servias

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 12:36:24 AM »

Not having a free will coupled to an acceptance that God controls everything can lead to a false sense of pleasure. Non are responsible all are accountable. God is blameless.

Thank you Arcturus, this is so true. We must never confuse the truth of NO free will with the false sense of license; meaning, well, I did it, so God willed it, so maybe I will do it some more. That attitude will heap judgement on your head. Walk circumspectly with these great truths; make absolutely sure in your heart of hearts you do not use them as an excuse to allow yourself to not resist sin and evil.

I think that's exactly why not many know of this truth.  Its for their own good!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:41:55 AM by DanTheMan »

River

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »

Hummm since a person is not in control then I don't really think it is possible. An excuse is just a persons way of saying what they think is why something happen, it doesn't mean it is true or the exact reason it did. Excuse or no excuse what is meant to happen will and we aren't getting in the way.  ;)

DougE6

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 02:17:12 AM »

Hi River

Jas 1:13  Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.
Jas 1:14  But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire.
Jas 1:15  Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

This warning is the very warning that needs to be kept in mind when the total sovereignity of God is in view. God is blameless. I am not going to get into all the ways that God steers his creation. That is unimportant COMPARED to your heart and its attitude. I will repeat...DO NOT LET THE TOTAL SOVEREIGNITY OF GOD BECOME A SECRET DOORWAY IN YOUR HEART SO YOU ALLOW YOURSELF to be less vigilant or have less hatred of evil and unrighteousness. Examine yourself to see if you are in the faith.  I dont care if you know all the proper doctrines, if you do not resist evil and love righteousness and hate wickedness, then you have missed the point.

G. Driggs

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 03:07:37 AM »

Hi,

Have you all found since learning of the false free will, how incorporated that belief is in everything around us? I think one of the greatest things I learned from this site was understanding that we do not have a free will and how the scriptures show this. I just can't get over how much I am aware of this when I hear others speak. It seems so much is connected with that false belief.

River

This is what enables them to "get God off the hook" for not saving everyone and all the evil in the world.   

It will be important for them to see someday that they could not save themselves. For this reason (at least in part) God sends them a strong delusion. The belief in free will appeals to their lawless nature. That's what free will is, lawlessness.

All is of God and they (and us) will know it. Keep fighting the good fight AND be still. ;D

G.Driggs

JohnMichael

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »

God is blameless

"The Real Origin of Sin" - Ray's Article http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

I heard a world-famous televangelist say in his sermon that it was never God’s intention that Adam and Eve disobey His command and sin by eating of the forbidden tree. Most Christians would agree. They think God did not want Adam to sin; and Adam did not need to sin. If Adam had not sinned, we would all be living in a giant Garden of Eden to this very day. We would be in perfect health, there would be no sorrow, we would have pleasure twenty-four hours a day, we would never die, we would be happy and God too would be happy.

If Adam had shown just a little restraint the world wouldn’t be in the giant mess it is in today. Oh really? Well, why then didn’t Adam exercise restraint. What went wrong? Did the first humans malfunction? Was there a flaw in their original design. God was the Designer; is God the blame? Not according to Christendom. Is He at least responsible? Not according to Christendom. But why not?

Now listen carefully. Here is wisdom beyond its years. When a scientist creates an experiment or machine that malfunctions, is he responsible for the malfunction? Yes. Does he hold the experiment or machine responsible? No. Does he hold God responsible? No. Okay.

Now then, according to Christendom, when God creates an experiment or machine that malfunctions, is He responsible for the malfunction? No. Does He hold the experiment or machine responsible? Yes. Does He hold man responsible? Yes. See the wisdom?

I have just shown you one reason why God calls the WISDOM of this world, STUPIDITY!

"For the wisdom of this world is foolishness [Greek: stupidity] with God. For it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness" (I Cor. 3:19).

First, Christendom assumes that God’s creation of humans malfunctioned -- they did NOT!

Second, they assume that God is not responsible and does not take responsibility -- He DOES!

One unscriptural assumption added to another unscriptural assumption does not equal a Bible Truth!

---------------------------------------------------

There were a lot of reasons why Calvary happened the way it did. :)

DougE6

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 12:22:53 PM »

God is blameless. The word "blame" connotes sin, error, fault. God has no sin, error, fault. God is responsible, YES. He has NO blame, however, I am not parsing words there. There is a difference between blame and being responsible.  Do not try to find fault with God, you won't.

JohnMichael

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

God is blameless. The word "blame" connotes sin, error, fault. God has no sin, error, fault. God is responsible, YES. He has NO blame, however, I am not parsing words there. There is a difference between blame and being responsible.  Do not try to find fault with God, you won't.

That is a connotative definition of blame. The word blame definitely has a negative connotation (emotional definition). I'm referring to the denotative (dictionary) definition. I apologize for the confusion.

Blame: to hold responsible; to place the responsibility for

EDIT: My last post is a direct quote from Ray's article on the Origin of Satan, Evil, and Sin. Those weren't my words :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:12:12 PM by JohnMichael »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.