bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flight to Italy  (Read 5811 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Flight to Italy
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:31:36 AM »

Hey everyone, im taking a two week vacation with my dad and brother to visit our family in Italy. I wanted to ask your prayers for our safe flight there, our stay there and our return back home. It would be greatly appreciated, all the turmoil around the world and specially the animosity towards Americans can make flying a scary thing.

I trust our Father entirely, but knowing my brothers and sisters in Christ are with me in spirit is always a comforting thought.

Thanks everyone and God bless,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Extol

Re: Flight to Italy
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:20:51 AM »

Huzzah! You have my prayers, brother. Enjoy this wonderful adventure!  8)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »

Huzzah! You have my prayers, brother. Enjoy this wonderful adventure!  8)

Thank you brother for the prayers!! I leave tomorrow morning (Thursday morning).
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 02:15:22 AM »

traveling mercies lil italian boy!  enjoy.  take lots of pics. 

claudia

mmijares

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:41 AM »

Don't forget to bring us some pizzas!  ;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 03:58:03 AM »

Hey guys, I know this is a bump to an Old post but I did take lots of pictures, well actually our family did. Wanted to thank you all who prayed. The flight was safe there and back and I had the time of my life. So much so I'm going back next summer for a good month or two, maybe three! :D

P.S. Unfortunately, I came back empty handed as far as pizza is concerned.. and I REFUSE to touch pizza made here in in america >.> Its garbage!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 04:00:36 AM by lilitalienboi16 »

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 03:23:28 PM »

I was in Northeast Italy about 23 years ago and was excited about getting real pizza.  I was disappointed,they really did not know what it was.  So I came back home without getting any pizza.  They said Southern Italy is more of what we are used to.

Craig

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 01:23:31 AM »

I was up north, my family lives in Carpi De modena. It's about 7 hours from Rome, needless to say I did not visit rome, nor any real major tourist attractions but the highlight of my trip was spending everyday with my cousins who I hadn't seen for a good five or six years. Oh and my grandparents, grandma makes amazing food xD! It was awesome! We instantly bonded again as if we'd never spent a day apart. The most touristic place we visited, well every single city in italy has history to the point you could spend days in any given no name town/city walking around exploring. But yea, the closest touristic place I visited was "pisa" which has the leaning tower, and yes, we all took pictures holding up the mighty tower with our bare pinkies xD

Pizza was good up north graig :P

P.S. It's not good to be back and in school >.> lol
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:31:59 PM by lilitalienboi16 »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 05:33:57 AM »

I lived in Rome for three years from 1978 - 1981....and yes, I know exactly what you mean by Italian cooking! It is wonderful! Nothing like it outside of Italy!....or outside of true Italian families....~ :)

Arc

Nan

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 11:51:05 AM »

We were in Venice several years ago. I was so excited to try real pizza, but I, too, was disappointed.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 04:32:32 PM »

I lived in Rome for three years from 1978 - 1981....and yes, I know exactly what you mean by Italian cooking! It is wonderful! Nothing like it outside of Italy!....or outside of true Italian families....~ :)

Arc

Haha true dat!!! <3 Italy, wouldn't mind living there one day, if it were possible. Though I don't have citizenship and I hear thast nearly impossible to get now a days, and no citizenship means no work, i think. lol.

Duane

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »

I was in Italy in the mid-60's, compliments of Uncle Sam's "canoe club" (Navy)  and enjoyed my visits to Naples, Toranto, and other ports.  I dangled off the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, climbing all the steps on the way up.  I had a spaghetti dinner on my birthday and found it unimpressive--especially when I didn't know what the red flakes were in the jar and generously sprinkled them on top.  (My mouth burned for hours and nothing would cut the burn.)
I liked Italy as well as the other countries we visited.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »

Those "red flakes" might have sparked the kidney stones Duane! Glad you are up and running.

Come to think of it...it did take time to acquire a taste for Italian Cuisine...yet, once acquired, it is really a delight especially those Roman Artichokes! So, yes, I can empathise with those who are unimpressed too ~ :)

Arc

gmik

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »

Glad you had a great time in Italy.

I was there many years ago and loved it--drove from the Italian Riveria thru Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, Naples and then to Brindisi and took the ship over to Greece.  I loved the food and the history.  Was there for 2 weeks and it wasn't long enough.  I yapped about it so much that our daughter went on their honeymoon there--they loved it as well!

Have a good school year Alex!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.